• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

lets talk leaf springs

oldbeercans

i am having a hard time deciding on leaf springs for my truck. the toss up is between trailgear and marlin. i have been running waggies in the front and 60" dakotas in the rear. i love the cushy ride but they have not held up very well. i would like to hear from u guys that are running either trailgear or marlin and let me know what u think. please tell me whos they are and what size lift, size of tire, and a break in time if any. also what length shackle u are using. thanks and i appreciate the input.........ok if u are running something else besides those 2 i would like to hear about them also. i have heard enought about chev63s and that information is useless to me so save your time.

PM Bent he has broken all 3 brands "ALL-Pro" Trail-Gear" "Marlin Crawler". He is running 36" swampers I think. He can tell ya.

if you were running waggy's and dakota's, you want no more than a 4" lift spring, because your gonna sit a little higher until they set in. No matter what spring you use, without bumpstops, the spring is going to get worn out, how long that takes depends on how much of and what type of wheeling you do. As far as what spring, everyone has there opinion, and everyone has their favorite. Do a little search on this subject and you'll find more info than you would like to see. I do know that if you order trail gear's, they will be on your doorstep within three days of ordering them.

reading thread after thread and choosing to going with alcans i wont go with another company. they cost more but being custom made to the weight of my truck is a trade off i could deal with. been running them around 5 years and they are just as good as when new.

44044's will max out a 16" shock..... just say'n.........

dakota springs are cool... lots of free arch = tons o droop... but realy squishy... need more leafs..

umm... coil and 3 link... sweet... do it... ya know ya want to....

Last edited:
I run all pro 5" long travels and would never go back! they flex great, have taken a beating with no bending or breaking, and they have NO axle wrap! obviously they dont work as good as links and coil-overs but they are the next best thing!

Im runnin 3" TG rears and waggy 44044s, i took the bottom leaf out of both sets it sits level and flexes like crazy ive never had a problem and you know how i wheel:redneck: someone told me that trail gear springs sag if you dont break em in properly that dosent seem to be the case with mine

downsized_0530091019.jpg

Last edited: