• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lifting an FJ

XtrmTJ

I just lifted an FJ. Wasn't too bad at all. 3 in lift with shocks. Took me 3 1/2 hours. Instructions were ok, one thing, detatch the lower front brake lines so as the lower A arms will go down far enuff to reinstall strut. You do not need a spring compressor in the back, the rear axle will move down just enuff to reinstall the new coils. All in all, looks good with 285 tires, not full on, but beefy for sure. :cool:

Last edited:
We were talking about that earlier. The rear sway bar. Ditch it or keep it on there. Figured more rear articulation with no rear swaybar.

You dont need to unhook the brakes, just take them out of the clips and you will have plenty of room.

John, let me know how it goes w/ the Fabtech.

We were talking about that earlier. The rear sway bar. Ditch it or keep it on there. Figured more rear articulation with no rear swaybar.

Just remember, most people that have 4wd's and lifts don't ever run them off-road. It all depends on what the customer will be using it for, if they're staying on the street then you probably won't need articulation.

Kevin

Here's a few pics of the rig we just finished. If any of you listen to 100.7 the Wolf, this FJ belongs to "Rob the Possum", he's on 3-7 weekdays.

Before, when we just did the roofrack:
IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

Shitty after pics, it was getting dark:

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

Enjoy, John