• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Jackson is having his 30th Birthday Party and has forgotten all about the Willy's now. Maybe his kids can enjoy the outdoors.:redneck:

Just joking. It is nice to see more movement! IT'S ALIVE!:D

Is yours done :redneck:

DOH-----gibby has thrown down :redneck:

Did you decide on that motor yet dale?

I haven't been given a price yet on the motor. We did get a measurement on the transmissing and t-case. Can you make it work? If so I'll get the entire drive train off him.

Not sure if we can plop the intake on top of my block or not, but that would sure be nice. IIRC the compression on the motor you rebuilt is stock and I don't know if that would be too high for the turbo.

I haven't been given a price yet on the motor. We did get a measurement on the transmissing and t-case. Can you make it work? If so I'll get the entire drive train off him.

Not sure if we can plop the intake on top of my block or not, but that would sure be nice. IIRC the compression on the motor you rebuilt is stock and I don't know if that would be too high for the turbo.

WAY too high-----Kaboooooom :redneck:

Whats the measurement on the trans/t-case?

Link it up so that very little slip is required?????

Maybe the rear end could be moved back a little?

I wouldn't link it up now--get some seat time--maybe a year or 2 then do something of that nature and see how jackson likes it ---plus he will be more ready for it then..

I can redrill the sping pads and maybe get an ince out of it. But a problem we will run into--those springs are not "mad/flexy" and when you roll the housing from the spring center--they become less effective. I ran into this when I built a YJ for my buddy joe using XJ springs.. We really do need to put a dana 300 in this thing--not only for its narrowness, its alot lighter and flatter. Its just a better option than trying to do something thats just not meant for this lil rig---key factor is trying to keep it as light as possable. Thats going to make it alot better rig and a more enjoyable one from my prospective...

DOH-----gibby has thrown down :redneck:

Did you decide on that motor yet dale?

Mike, we'll go with that turbo's motor and see if I can sell the one that's in there now. OR if you think we should meld the two together, I could be game for that.

I'll be getting the Buick bellhousing that I'll need as well as all his Buick parts - whatever he has.

The transmission and transfer case are still up in the air as he sold the transmission and transfer case that he had.

So, is an SM 465 too much of a transmission for this little puppy? I think to save some cash I want to stay with a straight bolt on to the GM bellhousing.

gibby I think you need a 24x15 not a 31x19. way too big unless you are putting it in the back seat haha.besides that one will be a glued on tank I am almost certain, which cant be modified or cut down unless you get new tanks. the biggest I could run on my ol cj5 was the 24x15 without cutting headlight buckets. since you are going v6 you might get a 26x15 in there but it will be a tight fit. your framerails are only 27in apart. I am sure an sm465 will fit and is the best choice in my opinion for a manual trans rig.the shifter will be up under your dash, but just heat and bend that thing into a pretzel until it works. there are rare versions with a dana 20 mated to the back also. they came in the 69 blazer. I am sure AA sells an adapter for it too. hope this helps.

Last edited:
I will get some measurements tonight--going to start laying out the column stuff.

My brain is not working well today--but isn't the 231 3.8 a 60 degree bellhousing?

As for the sm460--good strong tranny but not a nice shifting one..