• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

Your going to like this column setup---damn pic server is down :mad:

On a down side--going thru the last box--the steering u-joints and---they sent the wrong damn ones

You ordered PSC-BOR-0164464 (right ones) 3/4 round x 3/4 round thru polly But there suplier sent the wrong ones(drop ship)---they sent PSC-BOR-012564 11/16 36 x 3/4 round

Your going to like this column setup---damn pic server is down :mad:

On a down side--going thru the last box--the steering u-joints and---they sent the wrong damn ones

You ordered PSC-BOR-0164464 (right ones) 3/4 round x 3/4 round thru polly But there suplier sent the wrong ones(drop ship)---they sent PSC-BOR-012564 11/16 36 x 3/4 round

The replacements have already been shipped and a call tag sent out to return the wrong ones.

update........................

Ok I finally got off my butt and got gibby a list of items I needed after figureing out how I wanted to do the steering setup. One thing I disliked about going with a gm/jeep style column--was the width--take up knee space--and I wanted to give this rig all the space I could.

I had to start by removing the stock column mount on the dash. Damn--did they use some damn big/strong steel rivates for it..

gmb160.jpg

As I mentioned early on--I only tached the dash bar on because I was unsure of its location. I cut the spot welds, knocked it off and cleaned it up. I ended up dropping it down 1.75" fvrom where it was--I wanted to go more but I had to leave just enough room for the windshield latchs--its a tight fit..

gmb161.jpg

gmb162.jpg

I had seen this on a buddys rig and thought to myself--thats what I have been looking for. This is from polyperformace...

gmb163.jpg

Found the sweet spot and tacked it into place..

gmb164.jpg

And then tached the cross braces into place to give it some strength..

gmb165.jpg

And here it is mocked up--I had my 13 year old son sit in it--and its going to be perfect.

gmb166.jpg

So are you putting a u-joint in the steering shaft before the floorboard or cutting a slot in the floorboard.

So are you putting a u-joint in the steering shaft before the floorboard or cutting a slot in the floorboard.

crap--I forgot about that :redneck:

Yuppers I am. I will still have to pop a hole in the dash for it...

I did dale--got them yesterday, or was it weds...

I got some 3/4" rod but I need the orbitral to finish off that part of the setup..

I'll finalize that order on Monday - had to get paid.

You still have a lot of welding to do on the cage still?????

I'll finalize that order on Monday - had to get paid.

You still have a lot of welding to do on the cage still?????

Ya--monday morning I spend a few hours buring the cage together. I still need to add a couple handles but I don't think I have enough 1" material left..

I sat donw last night and started my list of items I need to try and finish so its ready for you guys to do your part.. Once I get that list done I will get a list of items we need.