• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Gibby's 45 MB

So Dale had dropped this off..

gmb311.jpg

Its an 8k but has like a 12k drum on it. He had wanted to have it put on the rear. I spent a bunch of time this morning inspecting the back of the rig.

Without a ton of work into the back of the rig that winch in a BAD idea. It will tear the crap out of that little jeep. I can mount it to the back bumper but I can guarantee its going to bend the frame/rip that bumper off.....

The back will handle some tugging with a strap but with hard dead pulls---ya bend/tweek/crack...

In that case, I may run a small winch on the back, a 3000lb ATV winch or something along those lines. I want enough to tug in out of something that it shouldn't have gotten into.

Not really unless you wanna pull from the upper portion of the cage. Everything down low won't support the extensive pulling forces you will get from the winch.

The correct way IMO would be to fully box the back part of the frame and run cross braces from the frame at the cage mounting points and put the winch down under the rig and then run the cable thru the rear bumper.

Maybe at a later date, but I think a small winch will probably provide the little tubs when needed.

Mike, I already ordered and sent you the clutch parts I thought...

Go ahead and send the part number on the fan. I'll direct ship it to you.

Ok I will dig a number up tonight.

We talked about clutch parts but it never went from there. I got easy off the shelf toy parts in case something should fail down the road... :awesomework:

Not really unless you wanna pull from the upper portion of the cage. Everything down low won't support the extensive pulling forces you will get from the winch.

The correct way IMO would be to fully box the back part of the frame and run cross braces from the frame at the cage mounting points and put the winch down under the rig and then run the cable thru the rear bumper.

Ah, project for another day :awesomework:

I am on my last task....

Spent the evening getting the brake part of the pedal assy worked out. Will probably take me a few days to get that and the clutch side of it done...

It took a bit of work but I finally got the brake pedal portion of the pedals done. It was a pretty tight fit to get the correct throw on the master and miss the steering shaft.

gmb316.jpg

I got the location for the clutch master and the hole cut in the firewall--so hope to have a dent in that tommorow night.

Also one thing I will need you to do dale is fit Jackson for the pedals and make sure he can reach them. If not I can cut and turn them but I figured I would let you have the final call on that apon its return trip..

It took a bit of work but I finally got the brake pedal portion of the pedals done. It was a pretty tight fit to get the correct throw on the master and miss the steering shaft.

gmb316.jpg

I got the location for the clutch master and the hole cut in the firewall--so hope to have a dent in that tommorow night.

Also one thing I will need you to do dale is fit Jackson for the pedals and make sure he can reach them. If not I can cut and turn them but I figured I would let you have the final call on that apon its return trip..

Jackson is 5'3" 150+ pounds at 11. He can drive my trucks, the tractor etc. Fit them for a full size man...

Got the clutch master installed. I have a little more work to do on the pedal but its pretty close to being done...

gmb317.jpg

Have you done the slave yet? I have been contemplating converting my Heinz 57 hydraulic clutch to Toyota parts.

No but I have it. I will have to make a bracket for it off the bell housing. I am going to wait till it comes back for all the wiring/plumbing since I still have to dig up a hose for it.

Here is the same fan I run---been a great unit and I fit it onto the rig and its going to be perfect. Its a 16" fan and the rad is about 18" of surface area but it pulls like crazy--will be perfect.

Here is the fan
http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30102120

The bracket kit
http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=30130011

And thermal switch so the fan can be automatic and not require an on switch to operate
http://www.spalusa.com/store/main.aspx?p=itemdetail&item=195TS

If you search the part numbers you can find them for allot cheaper than thru Spal itself.

We "really" don't need them at this time since they are for the final phase of the project..

Ok I got the clutch pedal assy done up--turned out perfect..

gmb-318.jpg

Here is the pedals..

gmb-319.jpg

Actually Dale I still want ya to fit Jackson on the pedals. Since these things have such a shallow foot area I can't push them forward without cutting the pedals down and raising the pad.

Ok I got the clutch pedal assy done up--turned out perfect..

gmb318.jpg

Here is the pedals..

gmb319.jpg

Actually Dale I still want ya to fit Jackson on the pedals. Since these things have such a shallow foot area I can't push them forward without cutting the pedals down and raising the pad.

Nice work Mike !!!!!Yep The rig needs to be fitted to Little Gibby!!!! so it's comfortable for him!!!!!:awesomework::beer:

Have you finshed covering the hole in the tunnel?

Yes, I do want to have the drive train pulled.
How about the go fast pedal?

Hole will need a plate made up or rubber cover of some sorts. Still need to do the shifter assy for the the t-case but to start that the case has to be pulled.

I am shifting stuff around to figure out where to put the motor/trans and then pulled..

Hoping by monday...