• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

million dollar money bag...

Me and the wife were doing the old "If I found a bag with a million dollars...", reminded me of the same conversations I've had with people over the years and how the scenario has changed as I got older. When I was in my teens, it was money blown on cars, cars, cars. In my 20's it was money blown on cars and crawlers with a loft apartment in a HUGE shop. Now in my 30's I think I'd use it to support me while I got an engineering degree or invest in my dream business- maritime security. Just invest in anything that will keep producing for me for years to come. Coin op car washes, rental houses, anything.

What would you do? Besides the obvious week of hookers and blow... :smoke: flashemifyougotem

Remember being young and all my buddy's saying a wheel barrel full of coke. Now id say a couple pounds of Kush pay off the house and cars try to invest some wisely and not work near as hard.

First thing I would do is give my employer a notice, he would notice my ass wasnt at work !!!! Then pay all my crap off the buy a big chunk of land and build a house in the middle!

I think I'd drop 500k on a nice property with a manageable house, decent shop and build my dream buggy. I'd probably pick up a few rental properties and go through an agency to cover all the work that goes with it. Keep whatever's left in a high return CD or something like that.
That way I'll have immediate reward, steady income, and some stashed away.
10 years ago I probably would've quit my job and blown it all but now that I'm a little older, 1m doesn't seem like as much as it used to.

I'd invest it all and keep working. I'm young enough, no kids and like what I do. The payoff at early retirement after 20 years of it marinating would be massive and allow me and the Mrs. more freedom and relaxation in the grand scheme.

Re:

I would build a water park..... Because that's how I roll. I am stuck on that right now. I wish someone would just build one in my town so I could think about something else.

Kel Lawrence

All good ideas, I'm just not sold on investing with all the bursting bubbles and whatnot. And I can't grow or eat gold if shtf. But people will always need a place to sleep and the ocean frieghters will always need security. I'm just looking to make my money pay me for the long haul.

Or I can start a blinds and closet company and be :JRich: rich! :flipoff1:

Re:

I would pay off my debt, build a nice and decent sized home, buy the wife a new Suburban and my mother in law a new Nissan NV Passenger Van.

Then buy some equipment second hand and but in good shape start my property management, landscaping, and mowing business.

If I had any money left over from that I would buy a notchback fox body with a 5 speed and 5.0. Then a Terminator Cobra and a family crawler built of a 4Runner and a bouncer.

Then start paying off the debts I incurred with the bag......