• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Money Talks" YJ build

Patriot Customs

So I started my cage this weekend. I am trying to compile about 10 different cages that I have seen in the past into 1. I am trying to do something a little different than most wrangler cages. I know its not exactly a full-out bouncer but I am trying to get
as different as possible. Please post pics of your jeep cages to help me keep my wheels turning. All comments welcome...good and bad! Thanks thumb.gif

Newcage1_zps4eb82d17.jpg

Newcage2_zps055dde31.jpg

Newcage3_zps75ffe23d.jpg

It does look like glasses. Paint the glasses black and the tub in red and white stripes....call it "Where's Waldo" :woot:

I think the front looks really good Ive just got done building one in my wrangler it's hard to do something different but it can be done. Good luck

I don't know if it helps any but here is a pic of my yj ..... Yours looks good from what I can tell I know how hard it is to bend and fit tube all wile trying to make it look cool :****:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 157
I don't know if it helps any but here is a pic of my yj ..... Yours looks good from what I can tell I know how hard it is to bend and fit tube all wile trying to make it look cool :****:
[/quote]

Thank you for the pic. You can for sure get more creative while doing a back-half. I am going to work on mine a bit more tonight. Im not real sure as of yet what the future has in store for it :dunno:

If you can move your A pillar forward like "June Dog" did you will appreciate it in the end. When you get it all done and your seats are in it getting in and out is much easier with that bar farther forward.

Lil ugly said:
If you can move your A pillar forward like "June Dog" did you will appreciate it in the end. When you get it all done and your seats are in it getting in and out is much easier with that bar farther forward.

I totally agree with ya on that one. This is the second time I have built a cage for this jeep and im only 5'-8 so it really didnt bother me too bad. Thanks for looking out and offering some advice!

My crawler Back in 2009-2011 after I built it the first time. I blew the engine up two summers ago, and started watching rock-bouncer videos on youtube, it has been hurting my wallet ever since! :****:

2009_zps06fb6474.jpg

2009_ReynlowPark_zps2e8c438a.jpg

IMG_20110819_190324_zps30c6a2f4.jpg

RFREYNOLDS said:

Come on man all that hard work and you mess it up with a Yellawood 2x4 fuel cell mount :wtflol: ;D

It is really hard to come up with something different, like was said earlier. Especially when you dont back half it.
Here are a few of my beater i am trying to stick together. Moving the the a pillar forward is a big plus as well if you can.

Attachments

• 20121026_184059-1.jpg
    20121026_184059-1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 20121026_200316-1-1.jpg
    20121026_200316-1-1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 1,259
  • 20121102_205723-1-1.jpg
    20121102_205723-1-1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,255
rocfun said:
It is really hard to come up with something different, like was said earlier. Especially when you dont back half it.
Here are a few of my beater i am trying to stick together. Moving the the a pillar forward is a big plus as well if you can.

Need to get that thing together where you can build my RZR cage? :woot:

Should have it back rolling this week. I can roll it out and and roll yours in, get yours built and get you back :driving:
It will give you time while I'm building it to get your little guy ready to ride with ya when i get it done. We are praying for the little guy.

B.DRAKE said:
Come on man all that hard work and you mess it up with a Yellawood 2x4 fuel cell mount :wtflol: ;D

Ya the 2x4 was. Temp fix I have it mounted correct now haha

Patriot Customs said:
I totally agree with ya on that one. This is the second time I have built a cage for this jeep and im only 5'-8 so it really didnt bother me too bad. Thanks for looking out and offering some advice!

Been thru the similar situation. Built a good crawler with some minor design flaws, and rather than fix the issues, I get rid of it and start building a buggy.