• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MSORP is closing!

zukiscott said:
BY ATTACHING THIS ARM BAND ON MY PERSON I AGREE TO WHEEL/SPECTATE AT MY OWN RISK, AND WILL HOLD NO LAND OWNERS OR OTHER PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES TO MY PERSON,

OR ANY DAMAGE TO MY PERSONAL PROPERTIES

This would be OK for the person waering the band on his/her arm. What about the family of said person. They never signed nothing. There is your loop hole. What we think of ourselves is one thing but our family make think otherwise. And if your gone there is nothing you can do about it.

jeepgeek2002 said:
What about something they did for Gulches.. it was a Save Gulches event it drew thousands of people to the park...
we could promote a SAVE MSORP EVENT! $50/day or $100 the weekend just to get a big chunk of change... Offroading community has taken a hit with the economy sucking. My wife's been out of work for over year and she's a social worker! Theres always bad parents out there, but no work!
But companys both local and out of state are helping parks stay open. Get some rock band to show up.. all proceeds go to the park.. well you get the point.
just throwing the idea out there :drinkers:

We did the same thing with Peck when he had his accident at WITC back some time ago ( Big Johnson Ride). Raised abunch of money for him and his family. I think your might be on to something here.

Rescue1 said:
This would be OK for the person waering the band on his/her arm. What about the family of said person. They never signed nothing. There is your loop hole. What we think of ourselves is one thing but our family make think otherwise. And if your gone there is nothing you can do about it.

what about throwing a statement in there about they also waive the rights to sue or take other action on there behalh by a family memeber

We had a local mountain bike park in the same situation. They made the park a private club with a membership running around $100. They in turn charged a parking fee of $20 per visit. Not sure if that is an option, but I'm sure if you discounted the membership 20 or so bucks for folks that joined by say the date your insurance was due, it would help cover that and still would have cashflow coming in from each member every time they visit. I know our group of around 20 folks would join today! You could also accept memberships at the gate for folks that want to join on site. Good luck man.

ridenrace6 said:
what about throwing a statement in there about they also waive the rights to sue or take other action on there behalh by a family memeber

I'm no lawyer but I don't believe it is legal to sign away any rights held by another individual. Hence the ultimate difficulty in protecting one 's self from an eventual suit from the family.

J. J.

The way it looks is its not just the money. The rock crawling community could come together with a few big rides and a fund raiser to raise the money. Look at grey rock or morris mnt when they have a big ride, 500-600 people at $50-75 wouldnt take long. Thats not counting camping or passenger fees. :****:

There has also been more rules and regulations implied that is pressing on them to. Signs, barracades, no night rides, rules on parking, and all the other bullshit rules there having to put up with is a big part of it. Barracades around all the obsitcals :gtfo: there is always some body trying something new. It would be hard to keep up with putting up something around each trail.

As far as the waivers go when i mentiond the club thing was like the way night clubs do. In alabama on sat night most close down at 2am due to no alcohol on sund. To get around this the turn it into a club scenario and can stay open as long as they want or even open on Sun. When you come in they scan your liscens and take info and give you a membership card. You still end up paying the same price at the door everytime you go the just have all the info on you. You could do this with the park. You dont have to find 30 people to to pay a $1000 You could just have a place when you came to the park to sign in were they could scan your liscens and get all your info to keep on file. doing so you sign a waiver signing you rights to sue away. next time you go all you ave to do is show your card and pay your normal fee. That would giveyou about a 95% chance of not getting sued, but there will always be sue-happy people out there that would look for ways around this.

Thats just my veiw on it. Maybe they can get everything fixed, hate to loose a good palce to ride to stuipid tree hugging money hungry pencil pushers.

zukiscott said:
Why not just do what the skating rink does, they have those little signs up ALL OVER the iside of the skating rink that says on them ......

SKATE AT YOURE OWN RISK, NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INJURIES.

And I have seen them haul kids out of there lots of times all bloody with bones pokin outta arms & legs & **** and the skating rink NEVER gets sued over it :****:

that's because lawyers go after People and companies with $$$ and other assets that are worth their time......not a run down old skating rink thats probably hanging on by a thread or a a orv park that has no profits or other assets to sue for except low value land that they couldn't sell and would have to pay taxes on.

Everybody is looking at this as a money issue. It is more of a liability issue than money from the way I understand it.

MSORP is actually one of the more expensive parks for us to go to ($10 per person per day 4 people $120 3 day weekend my 10 year old is free) Which I gladly pay I love to ride there. Sounds to like more people just need to get there families into the sport for more money to get into the park.

It doesn't matter how many weekends there are really. The park is not open every weekend. You would need to take the $30,000 and divide it by the number of days the park is open per year to have a per person per day number. If someone only day rides that person pays $10 now if he is there for the weekend he pays $30. That still does not do away with the liability issue of Bob being sued for his personal property if something happens at the park. Maybe that is an option make the park it's own entity owned and operated by itself. You would be the COO of the LLC but would be an employee not the owner. Form an LLC that way the only assets at stake are the assets of the LLC. I understand you would hate to loose the park to a lawsuit but it would protect you and your family. You may could even go one step farther and make it a non profit and it is really hard to sue a non profit.

Insurance is expensive for any kind of public venue. No matter what goes on at that venue. Too many sue happy people in the world filing frivolous law suits for a scraped knee they got because they got drunk and fell down. Every one of these lawsuits cost thousands for the insurance company to investigate and defend.

Sorry for the long post just my $.02.

This was an interesting idea a local motorcycle club uses and we are looking at doing it on a piece of property and it helps with alot of that stuff. The property is in a llc and a llc club leases the property, the money in the club pays taxes improvements and each member pays a couple hundred bucks a year and dedicates x amout of hours to service the park mandatory a year. Once a member you become part owner of the club llc and therefore a lawsuit against the club there is no money and the property and its owners are always protected. It has worked well for many many years here.

2009 .. at MSORP..
20090221Gadsden046.jpg

I really hate to see these things happen, its becoming WAY too common in this sue happy society we live in today, spill coffee like a dumbass....Bam you are intitled to money, trip over a curb....where's the money! Its a shame the way lawsuits are changing our society and play time. Its just getting too common and insurance is getting out of reach, as guys have said, unfortunately a waiver and signature is pretty much scrap paper these days, I don't know whats gonna happen in another 10 years, riding land just keeps getting more and more scarce, remember back when I was in high school we rode ATVs every weekend on a mans land and he was cool with it, along with another several hundred others, until some dumbass flpped and broke an arm and sued the land owner....Riding was closed for everyone because some prick wanted a few dollars off his own mistake

i have never been to msorp tryed a few time with no luck to make ( always something breaking) but we have made quite a few rides to gray rock and summertown and when trucks gone wild came to witc they where at the least 5000 people there at 20 bucks a pop plus the restaunt ran out of food by 2 sat idk how much food they made or what profite they made off the food but last i can figure 5000 people at 20 bucks was $100,000 bucks minus paying people that work there so take $10,000 thats $90,000 profite in one weekend at the least have a ride for 3 days fri , sat , sun and lets all chip in a help this park stay open i know its not about the money hell lets have a ride where sunday we build a fence around the park ( one of the stipulations ) or donate matterials there has got to be something that can be done here

one ride 1000 people show up the insurance is payed for a year i know there alot of people that will chip in 20 bucks to ride driver or passenger and set up a insurance donation fund

scottlang said:
u couldnt fit 1000 people there there was like 400 at the peck ride and it was packed

EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PACKED BACK THEN FOR THAT RIDE, I NEVER HEARD THE FIRST COMPLAINT. EVEN THE NIEGHBORS STARTED PARKING TRUCKS IN THEIR FIELDS FOR US TO HELP OUT.

rock yuppie said:
EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PACKED BACK THEN FOR THAT RIDE, I NEVER HEARD THE FIRST COMPLAINT. EVEN THE NIEGHBORS STARTED PARKING TRUCKS IN THEIR FIELDS FOR US TO HELP OUT.
oh no i didnt mean it wasnt fun just stating that we dont have the room like witc. :dblthumb:

skipnrocks said:
The property is in a llc and a llc club leases the property, the money in the club pays taxes improvements and each member pays a couple hundred bucks a year and dedicates x amout of hours to service the park mandatory a year. Once a member you become part owner of the club llc and therefore a lawsuit against the club there is no money and the property and its owners are always protected. It has worked well for many many years here.

that's a awesome setup there

i think the Mud Devils 4x4 club up near Raleigh NC has a similar setup to this, they either own or rent a orv park called The Devils Playground.

Hardline is THE 4x4 forum for the southeast, just think if if Hardline was to change up a little (become a paid membership club) and start leasing Mountainside for ourselves. Make every member becomes part owner of the LLC, everyone who rides there has to be a member.

i think robby bobby should move his trailer there. one look and no lawyer would ever attemt to sue. just think Robby Bobby offroad park. I like it.

extremetownie said:
i think robby bobby should move his trailer there. one look and no lawyer would ever attemt to sue. just think Robby Bobby offroad park. I like it.
hey roger u gonna race ecors this next year?