• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Junk

So moving right along--I got the new alt put in--and it works like a champ now. I also got the new radiator today--so I tossed that in...

boosted173.jpg

And keeping with my tradition on every rig that I do---my trademark coolant recovery bottle. Now granted I usually use a 1 litre bottle--I chose a smaller unit for this one,lol.

boosted174.jpg

I also stopped off and grabbed a knock sensor from my buddy dan. I found it interesting that from first gen to 2nd gen EFi stuff--the knock sensor connector is identical--only difference is first gen the connector is yellow and second is grey. Sorry for the dark picture

boosted175.jpg

Once that was in I ran the motor hot and topped of off the coolant..

So moving right along. I got the rear caliper mounts painted and calipers bled, seals installed and threw the shafts in. So I tossed the tires on and finally the rear end sits on the ground..

boosted176.jpg

So I threw the doors back on and wired up the door speakers so they are easily disconectable for when bill wants to remove the doors. Went thru the rig and finished up a couple small items...............

So the time had come--to finally drive the rig out--and that I did...

boosted177.jpg

boosted178.jpg

boosted179.jpg

Now its been a long time since I drove a toy with open shifter holes and dual cases--but they seemed kinda loud to me--I guess bill will have to comment on that when he drives it..

So at this time I wanted to see how the front shocks looked and any clearance issues with anything so I took it up my ramp.

boosted180.jpg

So as it stands the shocks are short by about 1/2" on the front for droop which bill was worried about.

So as it stands I am not going to have time to shorten the shock towers, I wish I had the time but I just simply don't--so either we run them as is and don't push it real hard this weekend or I leave them off--you will have to let me know bill..

I also cannot get the rig to go into base timing--I suspect the tps is mis-adjusted as I have seen this before--but the rig seems to run fine so I will handle that after this weekend..

I don't know what you want to do about the shifter holes--I can take care of that or you can at a later date.

The rear third will need to come out after this weekend so I can get the ARB in once I get the parts--and we need to find another driveshaft with the 10mm/wider bolt paterns and toss this one.

But thats whats left on the rig--once those items are done I have move onto the next prodject...

Ok--tired and enough babling for now...

So as it stands the shocks are short by about 1/2" on the front for droop which bill was worried about.

So as it stands I am not going to have time to shorten the shock towers, I wish I had the time but I just simply don't--so either we run them as is and don't push it real hard this weekend or I leave them off--you will have to let me know bill..

I also cannot get the rig to go into base timing--I suspect the tps is mis-adjusted as I have seen this before--but the rig seems to run fine so I will handle that after this weekend..

I don't know what you want to do about the shifter holes--I can take care of that or you can at a later date.

The rear third will need to come out after this weekend so I can get the ARB in once I get the parts--and we need to find another driveshaft with the 10mm/wider bolt paterns and toss this one.

But thats whats left on the rig--once those items are done I have move onto the next prodject...

Ok--tired and enough babling for now...

Sweet! Damn I cant wait to wheel that thang again! :masturbanana[1]: :cheer: :;

Shocks - 1/2 inch is not that much so I say run them as is for now. Can be fixed after this weekend.

Timing / TPS adjustment - As long as its running good enough to wheel, after this weekend is fine.

Shifter holes....please take care of that for me as I would really rather have them covered for this weekend.

Tranny/T-cases kinda loud - Probably a stupid question, but did you fill them up because I didnt.... :;

Rear third - yup, after this weekend. :awesomework:

Last edited:
Sweet! Damn I cant wait to wheel that thang again! :masturbanana[1]: :cheer: :;

Shocks - 1/2 inch is not that much so I say run them as is for now. Can be fixed after this weekend.

Timing / TPS adjustment - As long as its running good enough to wheel, after this weekend is fine.

Shifter holes....please take care of that for me as I would really rather have them covered for this weekend.

Tranny/T-cases kinda loud - Probably a stupid question, but did you fill them up because I didnt.... :;

Rear third - yup, after this weekend. :awesomework:

I will throw the shocks back on. Yes--all cases/diffs have oil :awesomework:

So I'm curious why you would shorten the shock towers, why don't you just make 1/2" taller lower shock tab's, sound's a little easier to me

So I'm curious why you would shorten the shock towers, why don't you just make 1/2" taller lower shock tab's, sound's a little easier to me

Yes--raising them off the housing is easier--but not right IMO---lowering the shock tower will decrease the leverage of the shock tower against the frame. In time those shock towers will need to go but I can see the rig being linked i9n the next year...

Yes--raising them off the housing is easier--but not right IMO---lowering the shock tower will decrease the leverage of the shock tower against the frame. In time those shock towers will need to go but I can see the rig being linked i9n the next year...

it's 1/2". you really feel 1/2" up top makes any difference.

It's a half inch... That isn't going to mean **** as far as leverage goes, stop thinking so damned hard... Now if it was 3" yea that'd change the leverage and making taller axle mounts would just be ghetto as all hell. :redneck:

Oh if you like the leak on that ram just wait awhile, that cheap piece of shiat will puke it's guts out before too long and the hoses will start to leak around the fittings... All of them I have installed have done that. :rolleyes:

who said I was going to lower it 1/2"---you guys really like to read into **** huh.

I am dropping them down like 3 1/2" because the suspension will droop more than what the ramp will do :rolleyes:

Yes--and they are short on the ramp by 1/2"--so my point still stands....

you didn't say a word about having more flex origionally, just that they are 1/2 short. I was only offering a simple correction vs major work, I've had simpler fix's slip my mind.....:rolleyes:

Somebody sure is in a pissy pant's mood today.:kissmyass:

you didn't say a word about having more flex origionally, just that they are 1/2 short. I was only offering a simple correction vs major work, I've had simpler fix's slip my mind.....:rolleyes:

Somebody sure is in a pissy pant's mood today.:kissmyass:

Hell no--just fine-heading for an 18hr day by 2pm---no complaints here..

Yes--I did say they were 1/2" short--big deal...

Your worried about leverage issues on a rig with inboarded leaves?

Great suggestion Darius. I had wondered about the same thing also.

Mike and I talked about this on the phone prior to the rig being ramped and I think his post was more directed to me as a confirmation of what we had already discussed. In other words, yes there was more to it than just the shock being a bit short. One of the things I wanted when I first dropped off the rig to Mike was to get more droop out of the front end.

Great suggestion Darius. I had wondered about the same thing also.

Mike and I talked about this on the phone prior to the rig being ramped and I think his post was more directed to me as a confirmation of what we had already discussed. In other words, yes there was more to it than just the shock being a bit short. One of the things I wanted when I first dropped off the rig to Mike was to get more droop out of the front end.

And that front will loosen up alot so we will need a few more inches of droop out of those shocks..