• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

my some what new toy build

oldbeercans

ive had this truck for a while now and have had alot of fun with it, mostly in montana. i moved back from trout creek, montana on the 16th of dec. the move set me back alittle(cash) but now im getting more settled in. my toy hasnt ran for almost 8 months and i kinda lost interest in it:masturbanana[1]:. i blew the motor up in montana and put it on a doly to tow it back here. instead of working on my sh!t due to lack of funds i was helping a friend re-build his flatty. we started it late feb. and finished it two weeks ago. the maiden voyage was nachias two weeks ago. thats all it took and now i cant stop thinking about my toy. ive been working on it every chance i can get. im still lacking funds to a point but have a 73 chev pickup that i want to sell or possibly trade to be my starting funds for my yote. more info on the truck is under my 38's for sale in the swapmeet. i figured that since i plan on taking lots of pics during this long build i would document them here. its gonna be a low budget slow process, but worth every minute...

Attachments

• dustin pics 015.jpg
    dustin pics 015.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,085
  • dustin pics 002.jpg
    dustin pics 002.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,084
  • dustin pics 003.jpg
    dustin pics 003.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 2,082
  • P1010543.jpg
    P1010543.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,080
Last edited:
hey i got rubber. every day im getting more and more stoked... while my wallet gets lighter and lighter. :wtf: oh well, still to come:
highsteer (i scored a set of free high steer arms but i still need some things to be complete)
front locker (in the mail)
5.29s
motor rebuild
front bumper
exo
shocks
slip yoke extension
u bolt flip
some kind of front axle upgrade and rebuild(any suggestions?)
new flatbed
dual cases and lower gear set
air system
half doors
and lots of fab. work...

it is never ending and i could go on for ever. im having more fun with this build than any other i have done. ill keep updating

Last edited:
who would be dumb enough to build a roll bar out of cast drill pipe?:wtf: oh pick me, pick me i know the answer. the idiot i bought it from in montana. some peoples children...:mad:

now im street legal

today i made up some make shift fenders so i can run on the road. i also made new mud flaps. decided to paint the flat bed so its not so shitty looking.

Attachments

• P1010585.jpg
    P1010585.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,893
  • P1010586.jpg
    P1010586.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,890
  • P1010589.jpg
    P1010589.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,830
  • P1010593.jpg
    P1010593.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,789
i know where you live....:flipoff: I was telling the GF the other day when i drove by that i thought it looked like it had FINALLY:fawkdancesmiley: been worked on. I had seen it sitting there for quite some time and nothing happening, good to see it finally going:awesomework:

so i havent updated this thread lately but i have been busy. ive been working on things that dont cost me much money to do. little knick knack things to keep me busy. i am curently bebuild my front axle. i tore into the knuckles and such to rebuild. i should have my gears and locker in soon. mounted some lights and such. been doing some painting. mostly i have been trying to get rid of all my **** that im not using and is taking up needed space. ill post some pics soon.

i picked up a 220 mig the other day. im very excited because that will allow me to do most of my welding at my house instead of going to a friends or my dads to use their welder. i should be torching the flat bed off soon and building a new and inproved flat bed. i problebly wont be going with as much tube work as i had planed due to the bender i was going to be using has been moved way up north. ive also had trouble getting help for a friend that said he would help me out on some of the build to follow through. i should be getting material for the flat bed i the next week or two. last weekend i got into a little trouble with the law and it will set me back quite a ways. its going to be slow for awhile.

even though i havent posted, i have still been workin on this pig. i have currently rebuilt the front axle, bought and rebuilt a reaend out of an 87, the bed is gone. im planning on starting the new bed as soon as possible. im still planning it out. it has definitly seen some changes. picked up the rearend, 4" spings and new shackles from a buddy for $225 and sold the third for $40 so im into that for 185. i thought that was a good deal. anyways ill get a current pic up in a few. actually ill go do that right now...