• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Build, Any Suggestions?

02Jimmy

First Buggy Build
Ok The Jimmy is now a Transformer. We started with Steer Rockwells, LS, 4L60 with 203/205, under 02 Jimmy. Thinking all this is better suited to the new chassis? Any and all suggestions will help, I can take GOOD and BAD! :dblthumb: Gonna post some pics, Cant figure out how they build these things in 1 hour on Sunday morning??? ???

Attachments

• JIMMY49S1.jpg
    JIMMY49S1.jpg
    572 KB · Views: 208
  • day2.jpg
    day2.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 189
  • day3e.jpg
    day3e.jpg
    567.8 KB · Views: 149
  • day4c.jpg
    day4c.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 156
How About suicide doors that can sub as a Ladder, For Old Fat dudes like myself? Add some tube in the center and Wala! LOL :tc

Attachments

• day5.jpg
    day5.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 163
  • day5a.jpg
    day5a.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 156
  • day5b.jpg
    day5b.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 154
Just wondering if this ride used to have a black Blazer body on it? We used to see one on Aetna alot almost identical to this one but it had a black Blazer body. LS, Doubler, 4 linked, coil spings, Rocks, 49's. Haven't saw it in along time. Man I loved that thing! I really like buggies but that Blazer was the ****!!! Buggy is looking good btw :dblthumb:

Im not sure? It did come from Oklahoma before I picked it up in Topeka. My plan was to run it this year, then start a build but came across this chassis SUPER CHEAP so here we go...

That Blazer belongs to a guy named Mike Whittaker, and that is brother with the black step side truck in the picture, they live in NE Alabama, I use to go ride with them all the time at Aetna Mtn.

02Jimmy said:
I would love to chat with whoever built the thing? The guy I got it from didnt know much about the rig..

What you want to know?? I was around it while it was being built.

It seems

I was told the Rockwells are open. It seems to be locked in rear? Do you know of any axle upgrades? Did it have the 203/205 doubler when it was built? Thanks for any info..

IROR said:
where is the wheelin place in the pictures?
Aetna mtn near Chattanooga probably around 07 or so
zukimaster said:
That Blazer belongs to a guy named Mike Whittaker, and that is brother with the black step side truck in the picture, they live in NE Alabama, I use to go ride with them all the time at Aetna Mtn.
Yeah thats right, couldn't remember his name and haven't saw it in a long time and I did used to see it and the stepside on the mtn all the time.
02Jimmy said:
Im not sure? It did come from Oklahoma before I picked it up in Topeka. My plan was to run it this year, then start a build but came across this chassis SUPER CHEAP so here we go...
I noticed a few very minor differences in the two but most of it looked set up just like the Blazer. Not often you seen a full bodied Blazer/Jimmy on rocks and 49's! New build looks good too!

99BLUEXJ said:
Yeah thats right, couldn't remember his name and haven't saw it in a long time and I did used to see it and the stepside on the mtn all the time.

A lot of us and other folks quit going up there when **** got so bad on the sub division side. I loved riding up there, but ain't messing with all the law.

02Jimmy said:
It seems

I was told the Rockwells are open. It seems to be locked in rear? Do you know of any axle upgrades? Did it have the 203/205 doubler when it was built? Thanks for any info..

Detroits front and rear, stock axles and had the factory t-case when built, doubler must have been done after it left Texas.

This is where we are after what we are calling DAY 6, It's really going better than I planned.. Should have axles under her by the weekend?

Attachments

• day6c.jpg
    day6c.jpg
    550 KB · Views: 113
  • day6a.jpg
    day6a.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 128
  • day6.jpg
    day6.jpg
    586 KB · Views: 130
I think were gonna call it SUICIDE??? The doors are complete with working latches, Front Rockwell with 4 link tomorrow!!!! Paint Next week? Maybe??? LOL

Attachments

• day7.jpg
    day7.jpg
    593.5 KB · Views: 116
  • day7a.jpg
    day7a.jpg
    607.9 KB · Views: 112
  • day7b.jpg
    day7b.jpg
    596.6 KB · Views: 119
  • day7c.jpg
    day7c.jpg