• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"Note 91" Bouncer build

Ballin fully enclosed cabin = a ton of work and time :****: but you could always add that down the road. I might have to steal your floor design. I've been scratching my head over it for a while and came to pretty much the same conclusion. Looking good though. :dblthumb:

Beerj said:
Ballin fully enclosed cabin = a ton of work and time :****: but you could always add that down the road. I might have to steal your floor design. I've been scratching my head over it for a while and came to pretty much the same conclusion. Looking good though. :dblthumb:

Yea, any paneling could always be added later. As for the floor, that driveshaft area was driving me nuts. I couldn't wait to just pick an idea and run with it. Glad it is done.

That's a cool way of doing it. Pictures only ever show 1 angle at a time and don't always give the best perspective.

e4cutler said:
The metallic grey color looks really good IMO. thumb.gif

Yep...Ive got an 07 F250, 09 Harley FLHX, 15 Explorer Sport all in that same or very similar color. Definitely one of my favorites.

First off I want to say that quick release mount for the extinguisher is from jduck on here. Bought a couple from him awhile back. Thank you sir!

Not sure if I will do another one of these vids until it is done. It was just something I decided to do while I was at work and wasn't super prepared.

Well great, that silver metallic was my first choice a couple months ago, but I did not think the buggy would have enough "pop" to it. An accent color would go a long way though, maybe a little skin.

Thanks 5bros.

We'll see zukimaster!

Lots of hours into that son a B.

Made plates for the remaining link mounts.

All harness tabs are in.

Engine cage, battery tray, steering res, (all crap that was in the video)...

Thanks Jduck

Fuel cell mounted up, new coolant res mounted, also you can see one of the ways I mounted my radiator (it's floating).

I'll try to get some more pics up tomorrow night, as there are a few more items mounted.

This thing is getting ugly! Can't wait to strip it down and paint it. It is getting very close to that time. loller.gif

So um....rear bump stops. I feel I've seen a lot of buggies with out rear bump stops (unless they have something at the bottom of the shaft that keeps the shock from bottoming out). What is the deal there? People just using shocks? How bad is that? I know ORIs talk up their internal bumps but that is not what these particular buggies are running. My plan was always to build them, but now that I'm to that point. This long-time observation has me wondering. I have some tube work I would have to do before I even have a place to mount a bump stop.

zukimaster said:
Put your smoking hot girlfriend in the next video! :****:

I completely agree!

And as far as an accent color.....lime green or orange look really good with a charcoal metallic like that.

I don't run rear bumps anymore on any of the rigs I've built . The back is much easier to set up with a lot of up travele 7-8" so limiting the back isn't a issue. I never bottom out a coilover with 8" uptravel at ride height . Rides really good that way . I guess if your building a u4 car or high speed car that's hitting whoops or jumps all the time you would want them for back up but I think most crawlers and bouncers don't need them if setup the way in talking

Thanks Rockwells. Yea it is going to have a lot of up travel.

Only exterior light I will be running. Not big into night wheeling, but wow it is a very bright light.

Steering cooler

Off the stands temporarily.

Also got some limit strap tabs mounted.