• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pupp "onesikpupp" bad news

224racin

#LSMdominating
Just want to let everybody know that i called a phone call from troy with freedom offroad on the miss coast yesterday, that Pup got killed friday night in a single car accident, he ran out the road and hit a tree.and died instantly. He was a good friend and beer drinking buddy. The man would do anything for anyone ,he never met a stranger, he was a hell of a good spotter too.....ill post up updates as i get them from his wife or troy

OMG that is horrible!

Was alcohol involved?

So tragic. My condolenscenses.
Here's a link to all of Pup's post's. It's something else to go back and read, and know he's no longer with us.

Please post up of the arrangements.

Dayum man... that is terrible. He had kids too didnt he ? First time I met him was at Grayrock on Buzzards Roost in the Turd, I was having a little trouble and he and others hung out and spotted and encouraged me on and I made it up after a little steer this way or that way from all of em.

He even showed up at the BTF open house just to breeze through because he read online a bunch of us were going to be there.... matter of fact I believe that was the last time I saw him face to face and we shot the **** on the back dock of the old building eating some BBQ sandwiches .

He would PM me and just chat occasionally with me and let me know what he was up to or shoot props on something I was up to. Guy was super nice and your right I dont think he ever knew a stranger as he was as friendly as they get. I hate to read this and my condolences go out to his family.

RIP buddy....

Heres some pics from the day I meet him on Buzzards Roost I think the last pic sums him up from everytime I ever spoke with him.... smiling and having a good time !!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Only meet him once @ the Shamrock Run @ MMORV. Hell of a nice fella and acted like he knew me my whole live and we had just meet . I hate to hear about that and my prays go out to him and his family.

I heard about it yesterday, I really don't even know what to say. RIP Pup... :(

http://hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=85

there are no arrangements yet, his wife was in cuba with the navy and son in stationed in north carolina when it all happened and she is on the way back down there. ill post up updates when i get them

thought id pass along what it said in the Sun Herald(their local newspaper down there).....

"JACKSON COUNTY --The driver of a pickup died Friday night on Busby Road, Jackson County Coroner Vicki Broadus said.

The pickup was headed east on Busby Road, authorities said, when the driver lost control and hit a tree. Broadus said the man died upon impact."

some of the details of the accident on how it possibly happened is at:
http://www.freedomoffroad.org/showthread.php?t=1356&page=2

no updates yet
the accident happened within a mile from his driveway
after pulling out of his driveway goin up to the country store and it looked like he got on the throttle in the curve and loss control and hit the pine tree

got an update today

any cards & letters to:

Mrs. E.T. [appropriate] "Pupp" Drake & family
1336 Bowater Road
Rock Hill, SC 29732

Memorial Arrangements in preparation.

As soon as i get them ill post up

ashville(south carolina) times published this on the 25th....

Ellie Thomas 'Tommy' Drake, III
Vancleave, Miss. â€" Ellie Thomas Tommy
Drake III, 38, of Vancleave Miss., died Friday, July 18, 2008, after a fatal automobile accident.

Tommy was born on January 14, 1969 in Charlotte, N.C. The son of Phyllis Drake Martin and Gilbert Thomas Tom Drake. He moved to Asheville and was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church, Children of the American Confederacy and American Revolution. He attended Asheville High School and after, en tered the United States Navy, serving in Special Ops with honor and distinction for 17 years. Tommy leaves behind his loving wife, Jennifer Curry Drake; son, Jakob Clue Drake, of Vancleave, Miss. Tommy is survived by his mother, Phyllis Drake Martin; stepfather, Wes Martin; and two brothers, Damon and Justin, all of Rock Hill, S.C.; and his grandmother, Maxine Jenkins. Tommy is also survived by his father, Gilbert Thomas Drake; stepmother, Sheila Drake; and sister, Ashley Drake, all of Asheville; and his grandmother, Ileana Drake. He will be dearly missed by all of his aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and countless friends and business associates. In addition, Tommy was preceded in death by his maternal grandparent, Jake Jenkins; and paternal grandparent, Ellie Thomas Drake, Jr.

One of Tommy's greatest gifts to those who knew him was to adapt to a calling to serve others. The love he gave was always a comfort that will remain in the hearts of his family and friends forever.

The funeral service was at St. John's United Methodist Church, in Rock Hill, S.C. on July 23, 2008.

Memorials may be made to Jakob Drake Education Fund c/o Phyllis Martin 1336 Bowater Rd. Rockhill S.C. 29732.

Published: 2008-07-25