• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GMP news

jeeptj99 said:
isn't that just wheeling in the south period?

Harlan ain't bad wet. Lack of topsoil I'd say. Tellico wasn't either.

Most places are terrible unless you have stickes and some power though, just to make the easy/medium trails

I hate the idea of being a "fair weather wheeler" but it's just too big of a commitment to travel and wheel now to go beat down the access roads in the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rednecklights said:
It's not bad with stickays :JRich:

#CHM

TBItoy said:
Harlan ain't bad wet. Lack of topsoil I'd say. Tellico wasn't either.

Most places are terrible unless you have stickes and some power though, just to make the easy/medium trails

I hate the idea of being a "fair weather wheeler" but it's just too big of a commitment to travel and wheel now to go beat down the access roads in the rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that compltly. I've done trails at AOP in 2wd and then go back when its wet and have to give her hell to get up it. The main trail there is a perfect example of that :****:

I spoke to someone over the weekend who has been pretty close with the park for a number of years. I was told the land owner was approached about selling the property. BUT the plan was to develop the property for off road use. Get the dirt bike track back going, etc. So maybe it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Apparently, the buyer has the money to buy it and develop it. I think they've had some tire kickers in the past.

Again, this is not from the horses mouth but a local and former ties to the park source.

Haven't been in a year or two, but the last couple times I went, I would have to pre-pay (at time of call) my RV spot with the owner, a lady in Birmingham, of all places. She seemed to have zero interest in offroading, and it merely seemed like an investment deal to me. I would try to make small talk and she never wanted to. Is this still the owner?

LandSpeeder said:
Haven't been in a year or two, but the last couple times I went, I would have to pre-pay (at time of call) my RV spot with the owner, a lady in Birmingham, of all places. She seemed to have zero interest in offroading, and it merely seemed like an investment deal to me. I would try to make small talk and she never wanted to. Is this still the owner?

You never talked to the owner to make reservations, I'd venture to say.

Probably Vicki, or one of the other office personnel at the company.

TBItoy said:
You never talked to the owner to make reservations, I'd venture to say.

Probably Vicki, or one of the other office personnel at the company.

Explain please. cause that's what I was trying to understand. Ultimately, it's why I stopped going to GMP because of the randomness I got from talking to EVERYONE involved. The folks on-sight wouldn't know anything about what the folks on the phone do and vice-versa. Makes it extremely difficult for someone to make accommodations.

We went down there saturday and was 1 of 3 vehicles in the parking lot all day. I dont see how they can afford to stay open at that rate.

LandSpeeder said:
Explain please. cause that's what I was trying to understand. Ultimately, it's why I stopped going to GMP because of the randomness I got from talking to EVERYONE involved. The folks on-sight wouldn't know anything about what the folks on the phone do and vice-versa. Makes it extremely difficult for someone to make accommodations.

The park owner has a company that handles the booking of reservations and such. I've found that email is the best way to communicate if making reservations in advance.

I'm close enough that I just show up and ride, and if a few of us decide to stick around, I'll pick out a pavilion that is empty and pay for it for the night

TBItoy said:
The park owner has a company that handles the booking of reservations and such. I've found that email is the best way to communicate if making reservations in advance.

Ah. That is what she told me she was going to do. So I bet that is what is going on now. I'm positive that we were booking with the owner for a while though.

LandSpeeder said:
Ah. That is what she told me she was going to do. So I bet that is what is going on now. I'm positive that we were booking with the owner for a while though.

This must have been 4-5 years ago?

TBItoy said:
This must have been 4-5 years ago?

Not that long ago. Maybe 2 though. To the best of my knowledge, no Toyota folk hold their events there anymore. ACC used to hold small get togethers there and GSMTR was there a few years. Neither are there anymore. I wish something were there, I always enjoyed the park.

And to be clear. ONLY the RV spots were having to be booked through her....

I honestly think GMP is under rated since they don't host huge events. Been 4-5 times in the last 2 years and always stayed in the bunk house. Every time was extremely easy to make a reservation: Just email them, send deposit/balance, and show up. They give you Anthony's number who is on site and will set you up. Bunk house is very clean, includes fresh sheets/pillows/towels/etc., and sleeps 4 to a room. Great for families with hot showers, freezing a/c, and hot heat. Absolutely one of my favorite parks and we have some good size events there with our crew from Florida. Last month we had probably 15 rigs from FL plus there was another 15 rigs from other groups. Usually 30+ rigs every time.

Taken directly from their site:
1 Request Your Reservation
To ensure availability for your reservation, please send an email to [email protected] and include the begin and end date of your requested reservation. A phone number is required. Please also let us know what type of reservation you need (Bunk Boom, Camping Site, RV Hookup, Pavillion, etc.). You will receive a reply back confirming the status of your request.
2 Make Your Deposit
Once you have received approval for your reservation via email, please use the form below to make the deposit for your reservation. Your reservation is not complete until your deposit is received.
3 Present Verification
As you enter the park, please bring the printed confirmation receipt from PayPal showing proof of your reservation deposit.

Yup, what ^^ said. Several of my club members are down there for Dixie Run every year and usually one other weekend and we never have any complaints. Of course some folks just can't be pleased.

I sure hope Wizzo's rumor is true.

I plan on being there for the hardline ride and every day until the next Sunday after Dixie run.
Does everyone plan on meeting at a single spot for the hardline ride there are a bunch of people I would like to meet?

El Diablo said:
I plan on being there for the hardline ride and every day until the next Sunday after Dixie run.
Does everyone plan on meeting at a single spot for the hardline ride there are a bunch of people I would like to meet?

Here's a thread just for this ride. Will have better info as it gets closer I'm sure.