• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter: Avoiding the paved road

Travis1

I know I've seen a thread with an mspaint map about it, but for the life of me I can't find it. If you can point me to it, I can delete this thread.

I'm going to have a group of stockish height to some built rigs running up to Reiter in June. I can't use the paved roads to get between the two halves of the system.

Option 1: poop chute, how steep is it now days? can an open diffed rig make it back up it unassisted or will we be pulling cable?

Option 2: I thought there was another option that was trail up to the gravel road that leads to the wall. I don't recall any mention of that in the "around the paved road options" and I do recall a power company working in that area. Is this no longer an option?

Why can't the "stockish" rigs just drive around on the road and the modded rigs run up poopshoot and ya'll meet back together at the base of Rockface? Youre group would only be seperated for 10 minutes tops......you could stay in constant CB contact for comfort.

Why can't the "stockish" rigs just drive around on the road and the modded rigs run up poopshoot and ya'll meet back together at the base of Rockface? Youre group would only be seperated for 10 minutes tops......you could stay in constant CB contact for comfort.

I may be the only one there knowing where we are going.

Just trying to gauge wether or not driving up poopshoot with a flatty running 31's and locked front and rear is doable (short wheelbase, stockish height), or a open diffed TJ running 33's.

I mean, if I'm going to be fighting it with 38" SX, detriots, and low gears going up I know the rest of the group may have serious issues. If I can cruise up, the rest of the group should be able to get up even if there's a short cable assist.

(I don't recall the hill being very long, just STEEP)

You shouldnt be fighting it... with your set up, you should be-able to crawl right up the shoot or down..:awesomework:

I dought anything open will go up the chute without pulling cable.....it is getting a bit tore up at the top.... nice hole starting to develope:corn:

That is the best answer,if anything have the better rig climb to the top,go to the road and stand there when the other rigs go by so they will see you.:redneck:

Yeah. Seriously:haha:

Reiter_Upper_Access.jpg

If you think it's going to be a problem just run everyone through sackup.
The new graded section you're thinking of doesn't bypass poop chute.