• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter Stories

The time Stu broke in Reiter and I dragged him back to Mike's shop. Over the CB I hear, wow, I've never been towed by an automatic before, this is nice.

Or something along those lines.

I feel old...and times have changed

That was a LONG time ago. Mark do you have date on that picture?

My first time up the rock face was with a weber carb toy motor, 35" boggers and a flatbed :redneck:

August 1999..... was the date.. If I remember you used your "sally" string too(I had too). As did Brian is the supersammy. I can still remember the trip in the snow with you and your booger and me with BFG... Funny how everybody loved those tires..until they tried to sidehill.

August 1999..... was the date.. If I remember you used your "sally" string too(I had too). As did Brian is the supersammy. I can still remember the trip in the snow with you and your booger and me with BFG... Funny how everybody loved those tires..until they tried to sidehill.

Man----the memorias make me happy but yet sad on a number of levels...

I think this thread needs more pictures! The older the better! :awesomework: I've been wheeling there 7 years (really only been there 3 times total:redneck::haha:)

I do remember going on a Newbie run to the wall with Crash back in the day, I've never seen so many rigs packed in at the look out, I mean, I'm suprised the shear weight didn't collapse the wall! :haha:

Here are my "Old" Reiter Pics!

On 33's
powerlineMedium.jpg

All lined up ready to head to the wall:
allpics196Medium.jpg

Here's from the Newbie Run! So Packed in!
allpics208Medium.jpg

Newer but still a spot i enjoyed seeing a constant change in terrain!
IMG_1980Medium.jpg

Most recent:
IMG_5703.jpg

IMG_2954Medium.jpg

The Rental at Reiter!
IMG_5069Medium.jpg

Another story that stands out for me is getting my rig through the O.M. in one piece. And to this day as far as I know, I'm the only leaf sprung Toyota to do that. I give a lot of credit to the guys I was with that day:;

Another story that stands out for me is getting my rig through the O.M. in one piece. And to this day as far as I know, I'm the only leaf sprung Toyota to do that. I give a lot of credit to the guys I was with that day:;

So how long did it take to disassemble and reassemble? :fawkdancesmiley:

The first time I went up to Reiter, I didnt wheel. I was, and still am, a newbie, I don't go up there much. You guys all have such a good time, its what you do..and I wanted to see everyone else do it. I watched some of the guys crawl around the Rock Garden (Mark M and friends)
But when I went the second time, I still hadn't had my Rubicon very long and didnt know where to go. I was waiting for Skizziks in the parking lot..and this nice guy in a white 2005 Rubicon said, "You look like you want to get that thing dirty!" I said, "yeah!". Well I did my first wheeling behind the parking area behind him, he guided me through the trees, and then through the trench and into the creek up to around where I saw Mark, I think..I still get lost. Anyway, it was a blast and I wish I had done it more often. I hope they get it fixed up and reopened so we can go back up there.
Any pics to go with some of the stories? I dont think it would hurt to re-post some memories you've had, good, bad, funny, whatever.. =)

I know you got pics bud...... post them up broski you should be proud of that run!!

:beer::awesomework:

Got lots and lots.

My first run up up there was in my 1980 CJ-5, ran Izzy in the snow. Made the rocks above the log bridge a lot smoother, and I didn't know how bad that bridge really looked until next trip up.

Going up with Dude and GPNFamily, and Dude trying to get the Sami to pull his XJ/MJ out when his fuel pump quit.

The Sami broke something every trip up Izzy.

Watching Avanteone flop on the sand hill before I knew who he was.

Watching a former co worker sink his Runner on 35's trying to hit the mudhole below the powerlines. I might have had something to do with egging him on.

Wheeling with Karla up there when he bolted on a set of 28's to his jeep.

"Fat kid coming down!!!" When WTO-BA flopped and he released the harness to fall on TrashJeeper ( I think)

Multiple adventures just driving to and from:redneck: CJ had the alternator bracket fall apart. Sami wheel bearing coming apart on the way home. Riding out there with Paul Carey when he blew the motor in his Sami. Getting rear ended in Monroe by a guy who was already pissed because he blew his sled motor. Getting pulled over twice in the same day by the same cop for no mudflaps.

Ah, good times.

I know you got pics bud...... post them up broski you should be proud of that run!!

:beer::awesomework:

pic's have already been posted multiple times. I am proud of it! But I think I'm gonna dig up some old pic's first. I have some vintage stuff from back in the day. We used to run the trails in Baja Bugs! :haha: It was awesome! I will see if I can find them and transfer them into digital:awesomework:

ahh so many epic times with everyone a certain epic trail with no hub was fun :mad: broke right before a certain steep hill:awesomework:

Got lots and lots.

My first run up up there was in my 1980 CJ-5, ran Izzy in the snow. Made the rocks above the log bridge a lot smoother, and I didn't know how bad that bridge really looked until next trip up.

Going up with Dude and GPNFamily, and Dude trying to get the Sami to pull his XJ/MJ out when his fuel pump quit.

The Sami broke something every trip up Izzy.

Watching Avanteone flop on the sand hill before I knew who he was.

Watching a former co worker sink his Runner on 35's trying to hit the mudhole below the powerlines. I might have had something to do with egging him on.

Wheeling with Karla up there when he bolted on a set of 28's to his jeep.

"Fat kid coming down!!!" When WTO-BA flopped and he released the harness to fall on TrashJeeper ( I think)

Multiple adventures just driving to and from:redneck: CJ had the alternator bracket fall apart. Sami wheel bearing coming apart on the way home. Riding out there with Paul Carey when he blew the motor in his Sami. Getting rear ended in Monroe by a guy who was already pissed because he blew his sled motor. Getting pulled over twice in the same day by the same cop for no mudflaps.

Ah, good times.

I think he tried to drop an elbow on me in the process, but hitting his head on the cage on the way down broke that up. Bastard took my flop cherry. But for the record I still haven't flopped my own rig, partially cause I stopped driving it.:redneck:

I first got introduced to Reiter by Dan(Notstock). I was such a virgin out there. I remember going up the wall trail trying to do everything Dan did. We headed up the rock face there? I was 3 wheeling and came down on my tank. Lost like 3 gallons of capacity:redneck:

Then there was a night a few of us meet up from the Marlin board. All basically stock ifs rigs. We had been wheeling multiple trails that night and it was pouring....really coming down. One guy in our group really wanted to do Isabel. We all opted to do it thinking the river would be rushing hard. Well after about 45 minutes we get a call on the cb. The other truck tried making the crossing but failed and got stuck on a rock. Right dead set in the middle. To add fuel to the fire. Another rig by himself early had made the crossing, then farther up the river, tried to cross again but failed. The river turned his truck 180 and faced him up stream...stuck. We tried winching him out...no luck. I remember the fire department and search and rescue showed up that night to help. Crash came out the next day and rescued the rigs:cool: IT was very memorible.

Then another time Robin needed someone to tow his buggy out:cheer: I was all in. I remember being so stunned at what we could do in that rig. Robin asks me....you ever been ina built rig. I go...a toyota with locker. Robin chuckled:redneck: Then of course he let me drive:cool::cheer:

Last edited:

Latest posts