• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rod Run 2014

Is that still "cool"? I quit going about 10 years ago. it's just an over-policed, over-crowded Black Friday at Wal Mart now. Everyone tows their Craigslist "custom" rejects up there and puts some inflated jackass price on it and watch all the gay mini-truckers and ricers do rev-bombs in bumper to bumper traffic for 5hrs one way, then 5 the other.

Re:

Last time I was there it was the rzr owning, Costa wearing, yeti hauling, light bar mounting type in there daddy's diesel seeing who could emit the most black smoke every time the traffic moved six inches out of their 13" exhaust tip.

Sorry for the run-on sentence. Also, nothing wrong with rzrs, costas, yetis, light bars, or diesels. Just stereotyping the crowd that I saw.

No, go at 9am. Different crowd. The rzr owning, yeti cooler, light bar, and diesel crowd is still in bed nursing a hangover from the 3 smirnoff ices they stole from their mom before they left their parents house. :****:

There is plenty of back roads where you can get where you want without sitting in traffic also. I love going, it's about my favorite thing we do all year.

I despise the Rod Run... I am ready to fight just thinking about it. Shades of the Past in September, on the other hand, is the ****. I love being around older folks who are actual car people, and Shades is where its at :****:

I just like an excuse to go up there and eat at smoky mountain brewery and get me some of that mountain ale, that's about as good of beer as I've ever drank

Re: Re: Re: Rod Run 2014

Elliott said:
I just like an excuse to go up there and eat at smoky mountain brewery and get me some of that mountain ale, that's about as good of beer as I've ever drank

Theres one of those at Turkey Creek area in Knoxville. 8)

Look for me in a white Nissan Hardbody with dirt track tahrs. Probably gonna be Petty blue and have a white 51 on the door by Saturday. If anybody is up for some brewery action Saturday morning/afternoon, holler at me. 865-748-5260

5BrothersFabrication said:
Look for me in a white Nissan Hardbody with dirt track tahrs. Probably gonna be Petty blue and have a white 51 on the door by Saturday. If anybody is up for some brewery action Saturday morning/afternoon, holler at me. 865-748-5260

You ain't got the sense god gave an animal cracker. :flipoff1:

5BrothersFabrication said:

Will need some pics of the NISMO all prettied up!!!

Need to teach that youngen to put some gloves on before he burns a hole in hand. :****: