• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rookies build

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Well Kyle has managed to gather most of the parts needed for his build and I told him I would help in any way I could. He really liked my SWA-Wing chassis I have been building and even more after driving my car.

So I built him a new chassis and lower links so far.

rookie1.jpg

So his build sorta starts tonight as I have some more parts to make but its going to be in full swing tommorow morning. I will be broadcasting it live via my shop cam. So if yer board check it out.

Shopcam

I had kyle dissassemble the rear diff to lube/locktight it.

rookie5.jpg

Here was the funny part--he struggled with the reassembly of it---them tricky gears lol. I finaly pointed him in the right direction.

rookie6.jpg

Got the links installed on the new chassis. His new rod ends didn't come in yet so we just used his old ones for now--should get us what we need today.

rookie7.jpg

Rear diff on the chassis.

rookie8.jpg

I didn't have a chance to post these last night..

But I had him tear down the front axle next.

rookie9.jpg

While apart I notched the front axle tube for the servo.

rookie10.jpg

rookie11.jpg

Then did a test fit on the mount I made.

rookie12.jpg

I modded the stub shafts for more steering. Now that I know how to do them these went pretty quick.

rookie13.jpg

Got the tubes/knuckles clearanced for more steering.

rookie14.jpg

Test fit for the servo and perfect. The one on there now is a cs170 but he has a new one that I run on order..

rookie15.jpg

Chassis with the front axle under it.

rookie16.jpg

I tested the front housing and it didn't turn over--this is where the funny came. So kyle had to dissassemble it and found on the of the pins (center gear I think) wasn't seated and caused it to bind up.

rookie17.jpg

He got that fixed only to get the wront screw on the wrong hole for the axle tube,lol... It was full on "give kyle crap"--he took it quite well...

rookie18.jpg

And here it sits with the shocks just thrown on it. I have to rework them to get them to there sweet spot--but we put a large dent in it yesterday and hope to have all the parts for the comp on the 11th.

rookie19.jpg

You going to put sodium based semi-fluid grease in them knuckles?

:corn:

Why--they are good axles--not burgs :fawkdancesmiley:

And your just a bully.

But I bet frank and beans would say to run the goop in his knuckles. Hey crash do you have a picture of the bully knuckle? Need to go poke tranny with it on Joops site. :corn:

Thanks troy

Why--they are good axles--not burgs :fawkdancesmiley:

I don't even know enough about r/c crawlsers to know what's good and what's not, yet.

So far, I know it works. That's about it.