• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RV sleeping for infants

nick c

Lewis & Clark bitches!
Trying to come up with a way to prevent our 1 year old from falling off the bed in the new camper.

Last summer she was small enough we just used a laundry basket as a crib. This summer that's not going to work out. I told the wife we could just pile up pillows but she's ofcourse worried she'll crawl over them if she wakes up and fall. I said she'd only do it twice. And apparently that's not funny. :eeek:

Anyone figured something convenient out, I can't be the first to run into this?
:corn:

Easy. They sell guards that slide under the mattress/cushions that have a bar and mesh that the babies can roll up against. We had one for our kids for a little while.

Easy. They sell guards that slide under the mattress/cushions that have a bar and mesh that the babies can roll up against. We had one for our kids for a little while.
X2.

CL since people are always unloading baby stuff, or one of the million baby isles at your favorite department store or there is always.... wait for it.... Babies R Us!!!

Floor's a good idea, pack-n-play if you have the room, if not get on of the bed gaurds, you'll probably use it when they transition from the crib to a "real" bed as well, for a little while.

fold down the table and take her crib with you... you lose all your counter/flat space.. But the kiddo will be safe and comfortable

The pack-n-play was the wifes idea, I don't think it'd fit though, they keep making them bigger and bigger it seems.

The bed guard that slips under the mattress sounds great. I knew something like that had to exist, I was trying to figure out how I could make something but finding a mount with out screwing to the wall was my struggle. Didn't even think of making it slip under the mattress.

The floor was discussed but the wife didn't like that idea because then the dog would be trying to lick her all night and waking her up. He feels the need to constantly lick her non-stop when she's on the floor.

I did a play pen on the folded down table at night for the foster kid to sleep in (when we had one)

We did a pack and play on the table for one kid and used a big bungee pickup bed cover for the boy up in the bunk. I just used a couple horse shoe nails to attach it to the bunk and put the other end on a wooden rod that would easily come off and on.

Last summer she was small enough we just used a laundry basket as a crib. This summer that's not going to work out. I told the wife we could just pile up pillows but she's ofcourse worried she'll crawl over them if she wakes up and fall. I said she'd only do it twice. And apparently that's not funny. :eeek:

:corn:

And the father of the year award goes to......:D

And the father of the year award goes to......:D

....Me.

Last night we were sitting on the floor playing with Madison. She was taking turn s running from my wife and I. At one point she decided she wanted us to chase her. So she took off running (she's 1 so running is not smooth), but she was watching us. and BAM. right into the wall. I wont lie, I laughed as I ran to grab her. Felt bad, but it was funny. :haha: