• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rzrs and big events

I have had a few rzrs and know some dang good people that still ride them. They are a lot of fun. However there is a large majority of rzr owners that have never turned a wrench before and were able to get in the sport with simple polaris financing. As we all know its not quite that easy financing a buggy or trail rig therefore most crawler guys have worked for and built their own rigs and are much more considerate, respectful of other peoples property.
We were riding a few weeks ago when we had some electrical issues in my wife's buggy while in the middle of a main trail. A few rzrs pulled up to see if they could get around and said good luck. They then turned around and went the other way. Thank goodness for a small group of the crawler family that helped get us back out if the woods. That is one if the main reason we stay away from most of the big events
A majority of rzr owners (that were not in a crawler before the rzr purchase) could care less about helping anyone but themselves or their crew, good luck getting any help if your broke down

blacksheep10 said:
while I will agree there are a certain amount of assholes in any group of whatever hobby, it seems to be thicker in RZR's, jet skis, etc. Sucks that I'm a rzr owner laughing1

It's mainly because the only fun you can have in them little shits is by going fast and raising hell. Think about it, being an ass on the trail in a full size rig is a little harder to do than on a Gayzr, therefore temptation is much higher to do dumb **** that pisses most folks off who aren't doing the same thing, because it's "fun" at the moment.

Example: Most of the time I drive my little Saturn to work, but every now and then I drive my 2500HD. I find, on average, I drive much more aggressive in the Satillac than I do my truck, due to it being easier to stop, corner, bob and weave, etc. It's just overall more sporty and agile than my long heavy crew cab truck. Same concept with Gayzrs and full size rigs.

While there are many asshats with Gayzrs, there are also many asshats in full size rigs, but I think the majority of it can be blamed on the concept described above with them just being a much sportier offroad machine. You don't crawl **** in a Gayzr, you blast over it. Going slow in one just isn't "fun" like it is in a full size rig.

......pretty sure I should have been a Psych major.

TBItoy said:
I didn't know tripp was a cool guy, learn something everyday :dunno:. :spin:
I've known Trip Pullen longer than 90% or the people on here. He is a helluva a guy and would give you the shirt off his back anytime. He likes to have a good time and cut up but if he ever pisses u off go tell him to calm down, don't get in his face and he will. Next time you see him on the trail stop and talk to him like one of your buddies and see for yourself. It seems like people try to give him a bad rap but everything you hear on the internet ain't true.

TacomaJD said:
It's mainly because the only fun you can have in them little shits is by going fast and raising hell. Think about it, being an ass on the trail in a full size rig is a little harder to do than on a Gayzr, therefore temptation is much higher to do dumb **** that pisses most folks off who aren't doing the same thing, because it's "fun" at the moment.

Example: Most of the time I drive my little Saturn to work, but every now and then I drive my 2500HD. I find, on average, I drive much more aggressive in the Satillac than I do my truck, due to it being easier to stop, corner, bob and weave, etc. It's just overall more sporty and agile than my long heavy crew cab truck. Same concept with Gayzrs and full size rigs.

While there are many asshats with Gayzrs, there are also many asshats in full size rigs, but I think the majority of it can be blamed on the concept described above with them just being a much sportier offroad machine. You don't crawl **** in a Gayzr, you blast over it. Going slow in one just isn't "fun" like it is in a full size rig.

Going fast leads to douchebaggery. Got it. laughing1 laughing1

BUG-E J said:
I've known Trip Pullen longer than 90% or the people on here. He is a helluva a guy and would give you the shirt off his back anytime. He likes to have a good time and cut up but if he ever pisses u off go tell him to calm down, don't get in his face and he will. Next time you see him on the trail stop and talk to him like one of your buddies and see for yourself. It seems like people try to give him a bad rap but everything you hear on the internet ain't true.

I just thought it was funny that EsPowell was trying to "call someone out", but wouldn't spell out their name.

I aint' got a problem with him myself, sometimes the **** he says makes me ::) ::) ::) but he ain't always "in character". :afro:

AdamF said:
With as many people you draw into any event you would think the park owners would be happy step up their patrol and help you out any way they could. There is no reason a race organizer should have to take a gun away from somebody, or deal with the drunken idiots that are eventually going to ruin the events for everyone.
You would think but last W.E.Rock event was crap because of all the **** the idiots were doing mostly city folk stayed away for a while because of it. Some places certain things are cool yest most of us were young and foolish but disrespectful and having disregard for those around you especially those of us with children is pure bulllshit. Maybe enough backlash will take place or the promoter will lose a host due to it and our sport will not get a black eye for some kids dumb crap...

A lack of respect and courtesy for others or a juvenile mentality is the reason for most of the issues. That goes for the loud music around people you are not riding with or behavior behind the wheel of a RZR. Some dont care they are being jerk and some genuinely think everyone wants to hear their music or see how fast they are. Lots of changes going on. I hope RZR finance plans and the new race series dont overtake the type people I started wheeling with. Almost everyone I met was a great person. No other motorsport I have been around was nearly as good in that regard.

AdamF said:
With as many people you draw into any event you would think the park owners would be happy step up their patrol and help you out any way they could. There is no reason a race organizer should have to take a gun away from somebody, or deal with the drunken idiots that are eventually going to ruin the events for everyone.
The park owner, Trey, would absolutely deal with any issues that arise, he had to deal with several things this weekend. The deal with the gun was easy to handle. It was more of him showing off than actually pulling the gun on someone. The few people that saw it didn't think it was too cool, and made sure he knew they didn't like it. We have done around 30-40 events over the last three years, and the number of SXS continue to grow, I don't think it's 50/50 good/bad, it's more like 10/90, we get a ton of volunteers that help out clean up the tape and trails and try to help with crowd control, and most of them have SXS. They're usually 3-5 in every big group that really screw things up and make all SXS owners look bad. We (promotors and park owners) are going to have to step up the consequences when it comes to people disrespecting the park and the patrons there of if we want to continue on with this great sport. We hope to see you all this weekend at Hot Springs for the KOH qualifier and the ULTRA4 vs. SRRS shootout!

I too own a rzr and also understand this thread, but I do think there is disrespectful a@#holes in all rigs. Anytime im out riding I act the same towards anyone I see whether they are in a buggy, jeep, bike, sxs, atv. Anyone I see broke down I will stop and try to help, but I have noticed some people in full size rigs that give you the stink eye or act sour towards you for no reason just for being in a sxs. Not everyone in sxs's are douche bags, sucks that a couple of a**holes are ruining it for all of us.

I posted in RZR LIFE and another sxs group about the douche baggery going on and that we gotta spread it around that this stuff needs to stop. May not help any but worth a shot.

Re: Re: Re: Rzrs and big events

TacomaJD said:

This is a good point. Its the exact same with a jet ski. First time I ever rode one, I went straight about 50 mph for 25 seconds. Then, slowed down and shot doughnuts for another 25 seconds. Then, I realized I had reached the limits of fun on a jet ski. Never been on another one. Unfortunately with rzrs, like stated above, most of the immature owners are constantly testing the limits of fun while driving one. Whether they're out in the woods, middle of an event, or in the damn parking lot. More than likely, its the first or second time they've been out wheeling and the first or second time they've slipped some of Daddy's beers out with them. They just can't handle it and simmer down. Not to say that I was ever disrespectful, but the older I get, the more I realize other people don't necessarily want to see me get blitzed and raise hell.

I'll apologize to everyone for the radio. Yes it was loud like I said I apologize. All someone had to do was come say turn it down. Wouldn't have been a problem. Some people want to call it it and talk about it here all day but not one person said anything about it at the event. That's all it would have took. When my phone was plugged in it was not vulgar y'all can bet on that I don't have kids but I have respect for kids and anyone else on vulgar music. I won't say nothjn inappropriate was played because I wasn't at my rzr ThT whole time. But don't call out the promoter wht a problem you have online go to them in person or the persons involved. I don't do the disrespect while driving I probably have one more buggies than most posting on here a I kno the responsibilities of them. So if any more problems with me y'all can come to me personally I'm not scared to admit the truth. Nor will I disrespect what someone ask me to do!

Re:

I'm all for blasting music...I think it comes with the territory. There will never come a time where everyone at an offroad park follows some sort of uniform rulebook so that everybody has a warm and fuzzy experience. Some things are just going to have to be overlooked. :drinkers:

It's starting to sound like one of those deals where "everyone deserves a trophy." Lol. Music, beer, socializing, and running over **** = wheeling for me.

But I do agree with the guy that said something about pulling up in a random crowd of ppl you don't know and leaving the radio blaring stupid loud. That's kinda dumb. There's a place and time for it, but when I'm drinking or just having a fun time in general, I wanna hear some damn music, so chances are there's gonna be a few more ears here it too besides mine. But I don't care much for the big events any more either other than RBD, so it doesn't pose as much of a problem....if you bitch about loud music at RBD at any point the entire weekend, yer in the wrong fawking place lol.

I think SRRS and park owners have done well trying to cater to everyone's needs and wants that come to the events, it's just growing and changing at such a rapid rate, it's difficult to continuously prepare and adapt accordingly, but they are doing well at it in my opinion, to be such a "new" thing.

al1tonyota said:
If your talking about the guy going up the side of the hill near the middle of the race course you should've come on down when he and I had our disagreement!

I wasn't aware that he had any altercations with anyone else. I heard from someone that he had a gun after he and I had our words. What kills me is people are willing to act like that in front of their kids. This is just going to further the douchebaggery because this kid is going to grow up thinking it is ok to act this way. If I could have gotten my hands on him he would've needed it. Fivebros is a big dude and he does like to fight. We have some stories.
As for any rocks thrown at the douche, I apologize for the rest of my group that had rocks and crap thrown all over them by him. At some point tempers take over and people tend to forget about the innocent bystander that could get hurt in the process. The only thing I was going to throw was punches. I was well aware of the kid and that is why he didn't get a rock square in his melon. I do apologize again for the actions of some. As for my own I do not. like I said, I could've handled it differently but the douchiness was intolerable.

trentp said:
I'll apologize to everyone for the radio. Yes it was loud like I said I apologize. All someone had to do was come say turn it down. Wouldn't have been a problem. Some people want to call it it and talk about it here all day but not one person said anything about it at the event. That's all it would have took. When my phone was plugged in it was not vulgar y'all can bet on that I don't have kids but I have respect for kids and anyone else on vulgar music. I won't say nothjn inappropriate was played because I wasn't at my rzr ThT whole time. But don't call out the promoter wht a problem you have online go to them in person or the persons involved. I don't do the disrespect while driving I probably have one more buggies than most posting on here a I kno the responsibilities of them. So if any more problems with me y'all can come to me personally I'm not scared to admit the truth. Nor will I disrespect what someone ask me to do!
Hahahaha I forgot about u! Trenton is a helluva guy too! :****:

pholmann said:
I wasn't aware that he had any altercations with anyone else. I heard from someone that he had a gun after he and I had our words. What kills me is people are willing to act like that in front of their kids. This is just going to further the douchebaggery because this kid is going to grow up thinking it is ok to act this way. If I could have gotten my hands on him he would've needed it. Fivebros is a big dude and he does like to fight. We have some stories.
As for any rocks thrown at the douche, I apologize for the rest of my group that had rocks and crap thrown all over them by him. At some point tempers take over and people tend to forget about the innocent bystander that could get hurt in the process. The only thing I was going to throw was punches. I was well aware of the kid and that is why he didn't get a rock square in his melon. I do apologize again for the actions of some. As for my own I do not. like I said, I could've handled it differently but the douchiness was intolerable.

Well said El Dooderino. But his kid needs to see the consequences of acting like a douche. You know what they say, if you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough.

Southern Rock Racing said:
The park owner, Trey, would absolutely deal with any issues that arise, he had to deal with several things this weekend. The deal with the gun was easy to handle. It was more of him showing off than actually pulling the gun on someone. The few people that saw it didn't think it was too cool, and made sure he knew they didn't like it. We have done around 30-40 events over the last three years, and the number of SXS continue to grow, I don't think it's 50/50 good/bad, it's more like 10/90, we get a ton of volunteers that help out clean up the tape and trails and try to help with crowd control, and most of them have SXS. They're usually 3-5 in every big group that really screw things up and make all SXS owners look bad. We (promotors and park owners) are going to have to step up the consequences when it comes to people disrespecting the park and the patrons there of if we want to continue on with this great sport. We hope to see you all this weekend at Hot Springs for the KOH qualifier and the ULTRA4 vs. SRRS shootout!

My two cents. Anyone that pulls a gun out for any reason should be hauled off to jail. When he was showing off, he could have killed someone and you as a promoter and Trey as a park owner would be looking a lot different. Now, with it in writing, via the interwebs, pulling a gun out is now ok and they won't lock you up, just take the gun away. If that is the protocol for how you deal with something so serious as a gun at your events, I will never be at another. My family deserves no less than handcuffs for said perpetrator and a ride in the backseat of a Crown Vic on his way to getting prosecuted for a gun charge. Anyone in sight of that gun could have been killed. Think about that for a minute.

Secondly, trail etiquette has gone by the wayside a long time ago. The more people that get out and wheel, due to the law of averages, the more disrespectful people will be out there too. It does not matter if you are in a buggy, RZR, full size or whatever, douchebags are douchebags.

Set the standard and do your best to help enforce the rules. Call people out when they disobey the rules and video them in the process if possible. I am not saying be the hall monitor, but when it comes to safety/trail closures, I would rather someone else get banned from an area than the whole wheeling community suffer. Trust me, letting someone know you are filming them being an asshat changes the whole situation.

pholmann said:
I'm not a small guy either but I hate to fight! I also won't stand by and let certain things happen... I have shown my ass pleanty of times while drinking and what not but like several have mentioned I have grown up some! I was right there with Trenton most of the time and nobody said anything about the radio other than cheers for a song they liked? Maybe everyone involved learned something from this time! :dblthumb:

I understand tempers flare and by standards add fuel to the fire but sometimes JUST WALK AWAY!!! all fighting is going to do is cause a major problem for SRRS. People with families will stop coming, people will go to jail...assault charges....kinda a snow ball effect.... and in the end the person who is going to be affected the most is the children who have to watch all of it take place. My son is 8 and he goes to all the events with me and I know if he saw this go on....he wouldn't want to come back.
Also I totally agree that the pistol being pulled was a major problem but the guys thowing rocks at the man and his son need to be held accountable.

highrolrcustoms said:
I understand tempers flare and by standards add fuel to the fire but sometimes JUST WALK AWAY!!! all fighting is going to do is cause a major problem for SRRS. People with families will stop coming, people will go to jail...assault charges....kinda a snow ball effect.... and in the end the person who is going to be affected the most is the children who have to watch all of it take place. My son is 8 and he goes to all the events with me and I know if he saw this go on....he wouldn't want to come back.
Also I totally agree that the pistol being pulled was a major problem but the guys thowing rocks at the man and his son need to be held accountable.

And all I'm saying is if I tell someone to slow the **** down, I can back it up (in a security guard-ish manner). If someone almost hits my wife or one of my kidsout of pure douchebaggery, there will be no warning. I WILL **** them up.