• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SAS.....clunk...bang....

Hi all,

I'd have to say that it is likely "spring clunk" from the individual leafs moving around.

What brand of leaf springs are you using on this rig?

Regards,

Alan

Hello fellas, got a question on my '86 4Runner:

I recently did a SAS on my junk a couple of months ago and it turned out pretty swell. The issue I'm having is that I have this obnoxious clunk-clunk noise from the front as the weight of the vehicle shifts side to side while driving usually as I'm turning either way. I've retorqued the TRE's and cranked down the ubolts. I cannot seem to duplicate this sounds by shaking the front end side to side or bouncing the front end. Any ideas?????

Thanks!

Bring your junk over. I don't have a Go Pro but I have a camera that is water, dust, and drop proof. Better than buying a Go Pro or taping your phone to the bottom of your truck. I am home for the day.

Where you at on the rock? I was at work all day today. Might have a short work day tomorrow.

Hi all,

I'd have to say that it is likely "spring clunk" from the individual leafs moving around.

What brand of leaf springs are you using on this rig?

Regards,

Alan

Hello Alan!

I too believe it is spring clunk. However, I would like to confirm this. I have TG springs up front. I am thinking about tearing my other pack of All-pro springs apart and mixing to try and lower the front down a little....

Thanks for the help errybody!

Where you at on the rock? I was at work all day today. Might have a short work day tomorrow.

Hello Alan!

I too believe it is spring clunk. However, I would like to confirm this. I have TG springs up front. I am thinking about tearing my other pack of All-pro springs apart and mixing to try and lower the front down a little....

Thanks for the help errybody!

Probably an early day tomorrow too. BTW I am Kurtis.

Actually, yes. Yes I did. :D

As most suggested it was just spring noise. So, with a can of WD-40 I hosed the spring packs down and viola! no more noises. So, we will see if the noise comes back after some time.

I have this same clunk/noise in my toy with custom ruf and homebrew shackles. I always just thought it was my shackeles popping but springs shifting and clunking makes since. I will lube the piss out of the springs And see if it makes a difference