• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seat belt

wayne_fj40

I'm putting my 4 point harnesses in is it legal to run these on the road?I have left the others in right now but I would rather **** can them.

I know you have to have a shoulder belt along with a lap belt. Not sure if a standard 4 point harness complies with that though

no keep your stock belts in the truck!!! IIRC you aren't really supposed to have them on either...on the roads to and from the trail... They're not DOT approved...

Never seen a toyota pickup that didn't come factory with a shoulder belt :eeek:

If its acruiser hes talking about it might not have had the.

I have a 64 impala with no belts. lap belts werent around untill 65.

shoulder belts werent around till 75. ever wonder why chevy stopped the full top blazer in 75? No where to locate a shoulder belt when the top was off, hence the half top!

If its acruiser hes talking about it might not have had the.

I have a 64 impala with no belts. lap belts werent around untill 65.

shoulder belts werent around till 75. ever wonder why chevy stopped the full top blazer in 75? No where to locate a shoulder belt when the top was off, hence the half top!
No its my mini.I looked and found nothing.I figured someone would know

If there is a law about it, it obviously isn't for safety. If you're ever in an accident and they have to get you out in a hurry, they'll just cut em anyways, so I say run them.

Oh and shoulder belts were around before 75, have you ever seen somebody new to them put one on in a 73 datsun? Now there's a funny sight. :haha: Like a monkey ****in a football. :haha:

If there is a law about it, it obviously isn't for safety. If you're ever in an accident and they have to get you out in a hurry, they'll just cut em anyways, so I say run them.

Oh and shoulder belts were around before 75, have you ever seen somebody new to them put one on in a 73 datsun? Now there's a funny sight. :haha: Like a monkey ****in a football. :haha:

Shoulder belts have been around for decades, but they weren't mandatory in cars until around 1975. My '72 pinto had "optional" shoulder belts. The hooked onto the lap belt if you wanted to use them.

Shoulder belts have been around for decades, but they weren't mandatory in cars until around 1975. My '72 pinto had "optional" shoulder belts. The hooked onto the lap belt if you wanted to use them.

Same way the datsuns were. I think that's what kinda freaked people out. The look of panic on their face..."Where does this go?!?" :haha: or "it just fell apart, is it safe?"

My 1982 Scrambler does not have shoulder belts-stock but my 1982 cj7 has shoulder belts stock, I think it was a difference between pickups and passenger vehicles.