• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

seat belts

brownjeep

what are some suggestions for seat belts, 4 point versus 5 point systems? my stock ones in the brown jeep are shot.

I HATE 4 pt harnesses...

Maybe it's just me, but I find impossible to properly fasten a 4pt. The shoulder straps seem to pull the waist straps up all the time. That's why I think the 5th pt is so important. It keeps the waist straps on your waist and secures you in the seat.

No need to change your harness if you have a 4pt tho. You can buy a 5th pt cheaply from various manufacturers and the buckles being the same between 5th pt and 4th pt, it will work.

I have no recommendations in terms of manufacturers, I've run several of them with good success. I had the chance to use some Hooker harnesses with ratchets and they're the absolute ****. It's just hard to justify the price tag for simple trail riding, and they're not easy to get in and out all the time.

I have 5pt SFI harnesses in my samurai (that I bought used on Hardline actually), and they're great :

IMG_1798.jpg

(and you can see the 5th pt in that pic)

I put the prp 5.3 with the padded 2" shoulder straps in my current jeep. By far the most comfortable harnesses I've used.

It's the only time you'll see a buggy that close to a swimming pool :****:

I've had both. I will never go back to anything less than 5 point. I now have the prp with padded straps and love them.

Crotch strap FTW.

You can really snug it down on your hips, that way if your shoulders are a bit loose (as most people wear them for trail riding) then they still hold you in good.

If you do get 4 pts, then make sure to tighten the **** out of the lap belts and then snug up the shoulders. That's how I wear the H style (shoulders sewn into laps) Corbeaus in my DD Taco.

I like the Prp 5.3x2 it uses a 3" belt but 2" shoulder straps, the pads are sewn into the belts also, then it has a sternum strap to keep them from sliding off. Last but not least they are easy to adjust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts