• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Secret organizations.

truckbroke said:
My stepdad is a Mason with rank. We`re tight and he speaks very very little about it. One thing is for sure its not a cult. They just have traditions they believe in keeping private and to members only. There are so many high ranking people that are Masons its crazy. I believe there are many perks as well. You can be anywhere and need help and call on the Masons and I promise you WILL get it from total strangers. I`ve just never taken the time to do it. My kids are at an age that consumes all my time. I`ve Already said to much. lol.. I promise there`s probably more Mason`s on this site than you would think and you probably won`t hear a word from them. I respect the fact they keep a tight oath. This day in time you don`t see that much.
This man has got it right here. People don't like the idea of masons cause they don't know the details. They don't care for them because they don't want to put the time into it that it takes to become one. Many people today are scared to put time and effort into anything. They think a quick google search and they should know it all. I like some mystery in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pplblazerdude said:
This man has got it right here. People don't like the idea of masons cause they don't know the details. They don't care for them because they don't want to put the time into it that it takes to become one. Many people today are scared to put time and effort into anything. They think a quick google search and they should know it all. I like some mystery in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery huh? do you like SFWDA too?

all joking aside I cant support something I odnt know details about. Plus stuff I got to memorize and all that, seems cultish to me. But that's my own personal belief.

Dad is a mason, as are a lot of male members of my family.

Basically they organize a lot of the activities that benefit the communities they are active in, but don't fly banners or wear funny hats or whatnot. It's real low key and based on the principle of genuinely doing good for the sake of doing good, not for a pat on the back newspaper article or "likes" on Facebook.

YMMV

Re: Re: Secret organizations.

tonybolton said:
Who says I'm just "one" person? Hmmmm......
Bruce Wayne is to Batman as Tony Bolton is to Batshit Will

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Dad has never told me **** about any of it, but he has made the "ride the goat" reference when I've asked what initiation consisted of.

He actually has this picture hanging on the wall in his living room.

And below is an excerpt I found describing the picture.

"One of the few paintings that has nothing to do with poker, it displays a jester performing an act to entertain a royal couple. The title, "Riding the goat," has been wrongly associated with initiation into the Masonic Lodge. It is sometimes used as a joke between members and potential members. Cash was involved with the Masonic Temple, so this could possibly have been a joke for other members.

An "Unknown Mason" gives the following insight into this picture:

The Cassius Coolidge dog picture of "Riding the Goat" is Masonic in nature and yes it is sometimes used as a joke between members and potential members. It depicts one of the first three principal degrees of Freemasonry.

The dog riding the goat is wearing a blindfold. The blindfold is an important part of the first three degrees of Freemasonry and has a specific and symbolic meaning in each degree. The rope around his neck is called a "cable toe" and it too has a particular, significant and symbolic meaning in the particular degree this picture represents.

The three dogs sitting to the left at the desk indicate the three principal officers of any Masonic Lodge and on the necklace type collars they are wearing are the jewels of their office (each jewel being of a different shape and having it own significant meaning).

The dog to the right of the three at the desk is wearing a red cap. In Scottish Rite Masonry this cap is the emblem of a KCCH mason. A couple of the dogs are wearing blue caps. This too has a particular meaning in Scottish Rite Masonry. It is symbol that represents a fifty-year mason (meaning he was initiated fifty or more years ago).

So as you can see, there are things in the picture that any Mason can clearly see."

901668834ef6f02d68c66831ed309cad.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1tonyj said:
I was a member of an organization once....it was called a fraternity back in college. Now that I'm a so called "adult" I don't have the time or desire to go be a part of anyone's "club"....wear silly hats...or put up with bullshit rules and secret hand shakes.

That was ultimately for ***** tho......totally legit

Regarding Christianity and the Masons, I'm not sure and never really made the connection, but dad has been a mason since before I was born and I am currently 30 years old, and we didn't start going to church until I got my family to start going around when I was 12 or so. That doesn't mean that he couldn't profess to his masonic brethren that he believed in a form of God, we just didn't go to church any until I became interested in it through some of my friends.

I wouldn't mind joining later in life when things slow down a bit for me, and seeing what it's about, the benefits and such (provided there really are worthy benefits). Has to be something to it, most Masons I know are really good people, lots are local politics or long time pillars of our small-ish community. Lots of law enforcement are Masons here too, so I'd imagine that'd be a benefit of being a member. I doubt one Mason would write another Mason a ticket. I've always heard if you ever fall on hard times, your Masonic brothers will take care of you. They do a lot of community work too, build wheelchair ramps and other random work for the elderly or people who need it. I've also always heard a Mason shakes hands differently too during a casual handshake. There's something very subtle that they do so that if two strangers meet and happen to shake hands, they immediately recognize each other as Masons. One of my buddy's left some sort of Masonic artifact in my truck one time when 3 of us went down to Gulf Shores for a weekend. Partied all weekend, stopped at Hooters in Montgomery on the way home, got trashed again, and when we got home real late he left some sort of coin or medallion or something in my cupholder. I called and told him the next day and brought it to him one day that week and he made a comment to the effect of "can't lose that thing, you could get anywhere in the world with that." May been a total crock of ****, but I just added it to the list of things that grabbed my attention about the Masons.

truckbroke said:
I believe there are many perks as well. You can be anywhere and need help and call on the Masons and I promise you WILL get it from total strangers.

Heck if I get in trouble I just hit up my off road brethren. :****:

Ronnie Gaddis drove all the way to Knoxville to bring me a starter at 11pm on a Friday night when I was stranded just so I could make it to a race.

You just got to remember the times that people helped you and think about that every time you see one of those "can anyone help me out" posts on Facebook or Hardline or see someone stranded on the trail.

Re: Re: Secret organizations.

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Heck if I get in trouble I just hit up my off road brethren. :****:

Ronnie Gaddis drove all the way to Knoxville to bring me a starter at 11pm on a Friday night when I was stranded just so I could make it to a race.

You just got to remember the times that people helped you and think about that every time you see one of those "can anyone help me out" posts on Facebook or Hardline or see someone stranded on the trail.
That's the truth. We lost a hub on a trailer in Knoxville with 2 jeeps on that trailer. One call to 5Bros and we were headed back north in a couple hours.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk