• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Senior Year YJ Build

Cascade_Crawler said:
YJ turd 30 is out. Heres a shot ala NotMatt :D

Just a note: cutting XJ brackets off the other D30 blows :mad:

PICT0002.jpg

You shoulda messaged me and i coulda brought over the plasma cutter that woulda made it easier:D

War-Jeeper said:
You shoulda messaged me and i coulda brought over the plasma cutter that woulda made it easier:D

That woulda been sweet. Forgot that you had picked one up. My combo attack with the sawzall, grinder, and BFH worked good enough.

All the brackets are cut off just have to clean up the tubes with the grinder. My front spring perches and brakeline stuff got here today, more parts :clappy: . I have to spend some time with the girlfriend tonight though so no more shop work. She wants to go wheeling though since I'm spending so much time on the rig she said it has to be fun. :D

Cascade_Crawler said:
That woulda been sweet. Forgot that you had picked one up. My combo attack with the sawzall, grinder, and BFH worked good enough.

Hahaha well if ya need anything else cut up let me know or if you need a welder to borrow got one of them too

Cascade_Crawler said:
All the brackets are cut off just have to clean up the tubes with the grinder. My front spring perches and brakeline stuff got here today, more parts :clappy: . I have to spend some time with the girlfriend tonight though so no more shop work. She wants to go wheeling though since I'm spending so much time on the rig she said it has to be fun. :D

Sweet now shes gonna want a rig too so yer gonna have twice the work hahaha

well this being my 4th wrangler i have to say. i much rather enjoy working on the yjs. that looks like it will be sick when your done. :corn: cant wait for more pics

Still getting some of the little **** done. My stuff from RockLogic should be here tomorrow so I can get the front end mocked up. I think I'm gonna pick up another set of true waggys so I can get that 2" WB gain in front also. I also need to pick up some angle so I can get my rocker protection made up.

Turd 30 is all cleaned up:

PICT0002-1.jpg

PITA stock rocker/step crap came off today:

PICT0012.jpg

A stock waggy spring (top) compared to a stock YJ spring (bottom). The waggys arnt really any raller than the YJ's, maybe a 1/4-1/2 inch, but they are much stiffer.

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0011.jpg

You want some brackets to move your front and rear end out some? I mean you may as well. We could probly get at least 100" out of it and still be ok for the police man.

Lincolnlock said:
You want some brackets to move your front and rear end out some? I mean you may as well. We could probly get at least 100" out of it and still be ok for the police man.

That would be sweet sam. But I gota do something about my gas tank first, and it may be awhile before I can either move it up or get a cell in there.

Got my 1 ton steering stuff today. Thanks to NotMatt for his helpful thread on this same subject. Ordered my reamer along with my high steer arm this evening. I'm picking up another set of waggies tomorrow along with steel for the rockers. Still need to go Aalbu bros and get my U bolts.

Steering: I'll be using Chevy 1 ton DLE's for both the tierod and draglink. Moog part numbers: ES2026R and ES2027L

PICT0001.jpg

Got my brake plumbing stuff along with goodridge lines from Speedwaymotors.com - ~$15 for a 25" brakeline. My previous braided lines were attacked by a logging cable on sac-up and held up, we'll see how these do.

PICT0004-2.jpg

Spring plates from RockLogic:

PICT0009.jpg

Waggy Spring mocked up with dogleg shackle from RockLogic:

PICT0007-1.jpg

Good thing my brother likes to work in the shop hes been a nice help, but most of the time he sits around :D

PICT0005-1.jpg

Made some more progress this weekend. This could possibly be the longest spring over and axle swap ever.

Got the perches welded on, painted up the 30. Painted the shackles, spring plates, and treated the waggy springs with this anti rust treatment from Drummond. Also went and picked up my wheels and mounted the tires on them. Helps having a tire machine :flipoff:

Springs: Yes I will be painting over this stuff...

PICT0001-1.jpg

booger welds:

PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

Now back to some homework...

Cascade_Crawler said:
Made some more progress this weekend. This could possibly be the longest spring over and axle swap ever.

Got the perches welded on, painted up the 30. Painted the shackles, spring plates, and treated the waggy springs with this anti rust treatment from Drummond. Also went and picked up my wheels and mounted the tires on them. Helps having a tire machine :flipoff:

Springs: Yes I will be painting over this stuff...

PICT0001-1.jpg

booger welds:

PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

Now back to some homework...

Im gonna steal yer tire machine while yer sleeping tonight just so you know:flipoff:

Front axle is in. Still waiting on that damn knuckle so I can get steering measurements. Got some u bolts made up at Aalbu Brothers in Everett, I recommend them.

PICT0002-2.jpg

The damn thing sits up WAY to tall. I'm hoping these leafs sag a bunch or I'll be pulling leafs out of the pack. My rear leaves arn't arched nearly as much, hopfully the weight of the motor will settle these down.

PICT0003.jpg

D35 gone...

PICT0005-2.jpg

I Pulled the transfer case out today and got working on the SYE. I need to press out some caged needle bearings on the main shaft sproket in order to put in the new main shaft. :rolleyes:

That is pretty tall... heh.

Oh yeah, and the press is not absolutely required on the needle bearings. I remember I got discouraged at that point too, but I was able to pop both of those things off with a hammer and a properly sized piece of pipe if I remember right.

Last edited: