• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petemier said:
Officially sfwda does not have any involvement in the bathhouse at aop. However the majority of the people that donated money for the bathhouse were sfwda members. I approached Tom several times to take a grant for the bathhouse but Tom has said more than once he would rather use a grant for trail 1. There is grant money available for projects if you just take the time to fill out the application. As far as our Financials if you would come to the December meeting you would see a breakdown of all the money taken in and where it goes. You seem to have your mind made up about southern and if you try hard enough I'm sure you can find something negative about everything and everyone. I encourage you to start looking at the positive things in southern and in everyday life. You are right we were unable to keep Tellico open but on a positive note we were the only club trying.as for the future I'll give you this update the land deal in coalmont is now a reality sfwda has put up $100000 worth of labor to help fund the project. Do you know of any other club around that is willing to do that?

so you guys have 1 meeting a year? In December? That's 7 months away. How do you guys operate with 1 meeting a year? Where is said meeting?

BLT94YJ said:
3) As the one who ran the account and promoted this, I will tell you again, very, very, very clearly this fundraiser was NOT in any way, shape, or form correlated with SFWDA.. This was a group effort among a group of friends who love AOP and knew that Tom deserved something for all the work he has done without all the paperwork, grant applications, or other horseshit involved.

I normally don't post here cause I learn more than I have to share but just to mention, as a donator for the bath house, I donated for Tom and what he's done for the community and Reid and never saw SFWDA associated anywhere. I am only an SFWDA member as my local club pays for it. There is no correlation just because I donated and I'm an SFWDA member.

jeeptj99 said:
so you guys have 1 meeting a year? In December? That's 7 months away. How do you guys operate with 1 meeting a year? Where is said meeting?

They have quarterly meetings/rides.

It's on their website/FB/etc.

It's not hard to get involved with SFWDA. It is harder to get straight answers.

Alex if you have an issue feel free to call me and I'll discuss it with you and that goes for anyone. I'm not a keyboard warrior if work full time and do my best to help the off road community in my spare time. If anyone doubts this I challenge you to do more. 7065088821. I don't have time for games

I remember following the pirate thread on tellico....what a mess.
I was always leery of sfwda.
This is a good chance for them to regroup, and gain more support.
I can move on from past things if they will be more up front on exactly what they are doing. It always seemed like some secret society to me.
Just my take on it anyways

Petemier said:
Alex if you have an issue feel free to call me and I'll discuss it with you and that goes for anyone. I'm not a keyboard warrior if work full time and do my best to help the off road community in my spare time. If anyone doubts this I challenge you to do more. 7065088821. I don't have time for games

Games....

This is a public board that has many people reading this. If you really want support, all of these questions are valid ones. No games.
Put up the answers once and for all to see. Not on a one on one phone call. :popcorn:

jk101 said:
Games....

This is a public board that has many people reading this. If you really want support, all of these questions are valid ones. No games.
Put up the answers once and for all to see. Not on a one on one phone call. :popcorn:
Yeah that's kinda shitty. Hardline is my only social media outlet. It may seem small to most people but this is where I get all my info on rides etc because I also work a full time job and don't have time for book face. I wasn't plying games I made a legitimate statement hoping they would clear things up. Looks like there are now 2 non profits that will never see my money. Sfwda and the Clinton foundation.

BUG-E J said:
Yeah that's kinda shitty. Hardline is my only social media outlet. It may seem small to most people but this is where I get all my info on rides etc because I also work a full time job and don't have time for book face. I wasn't plying games I made a legitimate statement hoping they would clear things up. Looks like there are now 2 non profits that will never see my money. Sfwda and the Clinton foundation.

This dude said "book face" I just can't!!!! :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

BigPrince said:
I normally don't post here cause I learn more than I have to share but just to mention, as a donator for the bath house, I donated for Tom and what he's done for the community and Reid and never saw SFWDA associated anywhere. I am only an SFWDA member as my local club pays for it. There is no correlation just because I donated and I'm an SFWDA member.

Thanks for your donation man. You and the 70+ others made a huge difference.

BUG-E J said:

They post **** like that and still want you to give them your hard earned money.
Never will understand that.

Re: Re: SFWDA

Petemier said:
As a board member of southern and one of the masterminds behind the new bathroom at aop. I simply ask this what are you doing as an individual or a club to help support our sport? I live in coppinger cove (free public place to ride) and because of sfwda and it's network of people I have trash cans on the trail system I had a trailer donated to haul out trash. I've been able to get people involved in cleanup rides. I am currently working on a grant to setup the trailer to do trail maintenance. All of these things have been made possible because of sfwda

If you are seriously that dissatisfied with what sfwda does for the off road community please contact me and we can discuss all of your complaints concerns suggestions and questions as I have no problem voicing an idea or opinion if it will help better the club or the sport
As an individual, I helped cut over 100 trails at Stony Lonesome. I also have donated three chainsaws to the park. As well, I have spent over $3000 personal money (not including the cost of the saws) to help out at the park. I have volunteered at the park for events, and I have also volunteered at other parks to help with events, picked up trash, etc. **** measuring contests get us no where. Mines smallest, I win!

What does help is good communication, hard work and a little give and take on both sides of the fence.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Petemier said:
Officially sfwda does not have any involvement in the bathhouse at aop. However the majority of the people that donated money for the bathhouse were sfwda members. I approached Tom several times to take a grant for the bathhouse but Tom has said more than once he would rather use a grant for trail 1. There is grant money available for projects if you just take the time to fill out the application. As far as our Financials if you would come to the December meeting you would see a breakdown of all the money taken in and where it goes. You seem to have your mind made up about southern and if you try hard enough I'm sure you can find something negative about everything and everyone. I encourage you to start looking at the positive things in southern and in everyday life. You are right we were unable to keep Tellico open but on a positive note we were the only club trying.as for the future I'll give you this update the land deal in coalmont is now a reality sfwda has put up $100000 worth of labor to help fund the project. Do you know of any other club around that is willing to do that?

I'm just going to be blunt and tell you that you need to stop posting because you obviously don't have a clue as to what you are saying.

"Southern was the only club"? Southern isn't a club. It's an organization of clubs and loosely at that. There where a **** ton of people fighting and volunteering that did not belong to southern in the Telico debacle. If anything southern could have stepped up and rallied the troops and put up a better fight than they did but the bottom line is they didnt! They dropped the ball in a bad way.

And just a tid bit. Enlighten us on the trash cans in the cove. I followed that from the start to finish on Facebook and never seen where southern got involved. Again just some members of southern and some random donations.

Re: Re: SFWDA

wizzo said:
I don't have times for games either. So I don't have time for SFWDA. Makes things really easy.
Same here.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A fellow is driving in the country and notices a farmer holding a large sow pig in an apple orchard. As he comes to a stop he notices the farmer is hefting this large pig up to the branch of a tree so the pig can take an apple in it's mouth. The farmer continues to hold the pig as it eats the apple and then uses all his strength to lift the sow to another apple on the branch. Amazed at the what he has witnessed the fellow parks his car and walks over to the farmer. Driver: "I couldn't help but notice all effort you're putting in to feeding that pig."Farmer: "Yeah I really like this sow. She's one of my best."Driver: "Well it seems there might be a more efficient way to get the apples to her. What if you set her on the ground and shook the apples from the tree? She could eat them off the ground. Just think of all the time that would be saved."Farmer: "Your probably right, but what's time to a pig?"

98TJ said:
A fellow is driving in the country and notices a farmer holding a large sow pig in an apple orchard. As he comes to a stop he notices the farmer is hefting this large pig up to the branch of a tree so the pig can take an apple in it's mouth. The farmer continues to hold the pig as it eats the apple and then uses all his strength to lift the sow to another apple on the branch. Amazed at the what he has witnessed the fellow parks his car and walks over to the farmer. Driver: "I couldn't help but notice all effort you're putting in to feeding that pig."Farmer: "Yeah I really like this sow. She's one of my best."Driver: "Well it seems there might be a more efficient way to get the apples to her. What if you set her on the ground and shook the apples from the tree? She could eat them off the ground. Just think of all the time that would be saved."Farmer: "Your probably right, but what's time to a pig?"

One question: Does this farmer have a daughter and is she blonde and over 18?

So, the trash cans that were placed? Was that a group of individuals that did that and southern was just following behind taking recognition for it, also? They've been asked about ten times on here to show what the money is being spent on. They've had a few board members speak up. But yet no one will pony up any real proof of money spent. They just keep talking in circles and not wanting to play games. Nobody was playing games. We're trying to justify throwing you lots of money throughout the year/s.

Sfwda, you've lost my support.

Re:

Lol.....lotsa ownage up in here. It's like watching a fish out of water slowly die....gasping for air....

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Does anyone agree that this could go one of two ways?

1. Bash SFWDA and poke fun/insert daggers

Or

2. SFWDA makes an official post addressing real concerns listed in this thread. Nothing from members, volunteers or someone that used to know a guy that heard he knew someone that told him what SFWDA does or has done in the past. Insert real information, facts, etc. Make it official from the actual organization

If option 2 doesn't happen, then option 1 will open the flood gates and SFWDA will never get this opportunity to right the ship again. So, how about some of the acting members get in touch with someone willing to go on record and be willing to answer tough questions with honest answers.

muddinmetal said:
John would have already shut this thing down or contacted Southern and forced some answers. I am glad it went on long enough for me to know that they run a loose sinking ship and need to be watched if they are holding your hard earned money

I agree John would have axed this by page 3. I wish we had some answers, I would have no problem finding a away to help out an organization that was good for the 4x4 community. the more I see about this one though the less and less I want anything to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.