• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

SFWDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
muddinmetal said:
John would have already shut this thing down or contacted Southern and forced some answers. I am glad it went on long enough for me to know that they run a loose sinking ship and need to be watched if they are holding your hard earned money

I have been in on this topic every letter typed
and trying to look at it from an unbiased standpoint. I have more time behind the scenes talking with people in the know than most of you on here chattering about this issue. HLC is going to contribute this year just the same as it has in the past. LIKE IT OR NOT or done by JOHN G or MYSELF, it will keep on as long as this board stands. If any of you would like to address this with me, FEEL FREE to get in touch with me and we can discuss this. I am tired of listening to this bitching about something that HLC is offering you members at NO COST!!!!!!!! IF you do not like it, do not participate, no one is holding a gun to your head. If SFWDA would like to respond to these questions, they will, if not, let's move on and quit beating this dead horse.
AND "YES" I CAN SHUT THIS DOWN AT ANY TIME I WANT, SO PLEASE RESPECT MY DECISION TO LEAVE THIS OPEN TO GET SOME RESOLUTION ON THIS AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF BITCHING.

ADMINISTRATOR

lowbudgetjunk said:
Does anyone agree that this could go one of two ways?

1. Bash SFWDA and poke fun/insert daggers

Or

2. SFWDA makes an official post addressing real concerns listed in this thread. Nothing from members, volunteers or someone that used to know a guy that heard he knew someone that told him what SFWDA does or has done in the past. Insert real information, facts, etc. Make it official from the actual organization

If option 2 doesn't happen, then option 1 will open the flood gates and SFWDA will never get this opportunity to right the ship again. So, how about some of the acting members get in touch with someone willing to go on record and be willing to answer tough questions with honest answers.

I have seen this scenario play out so many times. Been waiting on #2 going on 15 years now :****:

CHASMAN9 said:

I have been in on this topic every letter typed
and trying to look at it from an unbiased standpoint. I have more time behind the scenes talking with people in the know than most of you on here chattering about this issue. HLC is going to contribute this year just the same as it has in the past. LIKE IT OR NOT or done by JOHN G or MYSELF, it will keep on as long as this board stands. If any of you would like to address this with me, FEEL FREE to get in touch with me and we can discuss this. I am tired of listening to this bitching about something that HLC is offering you members at NO COST!!!!!!!! IF you do not like it, do not participate, no one is holding a gun to your head. If SFWDA would like to respond to these questions, they will, if not, let's move on and quit beating this dead horse.
AND "YES" I CAN SHUT THIS DOWN AT ANY TIME I WANT, SO PLEASE RESPECT MY DECISION TO LEAVE THIS OPEN TO GET SOME RESOLUTION ON THIS AND NOT JUST A BUNCH OF BITCHING.

ADMINISTRATOR

I understand doing this, respecting John G's wishes and what not. However, I will respectfully say it is a waste of money regardless of what it is costing HLC. I would rather see the board come together and pool funds to build a monument at John G's favorite park or something permanent. That's just spitballing but you get the idea.

I don't know half the people bitching about it but I gather they probably haven't done **** else but get on a forum and talk crap and never went to a cleanup never helped out a park never put any effort in themselves to make things better. It's funny ople like mudd metal and 99tj John would have this or that obviously don't know that John always supported sfwda.

STFU already , you may have known who John G was but you obviously didn't know John G

P said:
I don't know half the people bitching about it but I gather they probably haven't done **** else but get on a forum and talk crap and never went to a cleanup never helped out a park never put any effort in themselves to make things better. It's funny ople like mudd metal and 99tj John would have this or that obviously don't know that John always supported sfwda.

STFU already , you may have known who John G was but you obviously didn't know John G

My comment did not come out via text as clearly as it did in my head. I apologize to any offended.

P said:

That's a hell of a blanket statement man. In my experience, by and large HL guys are some of the best dudes out there...in general as well as stewards of the sport.

SFWDA isn't a sinking ship. I'm reminded every time I'm out on the trail there is no shortage of new blood to the sport/pastime. The SXS, JKU, instagram #wheelers are testament to that fact. That's primarily who pays the SFWDA dues and who needs these rides to get out on the trails. If nothing else, the responses in this thread from those affiliated with SFWDA have again confirmed that SFWDA is an organization I will not and cannot support.

The original group of haters I described as short sighted, ignorant individuals have been moved into the stupid category because they refuse to accept the facts. :indianajones: Reminds me of the other snowflakes.

redneckengineered said:
That's a hell of a blanket statement man. In my experience, by and large HL guys are some of the best dudes out there...in general as well as stewards of the sport.

Im aggitated that folks are **** baggin something OUR friend always stood for and with,when it has ZERO consequence on them ( no financial impact, its free to you ) and we have a 7pg **** show. So yea, hell of a blanket statement now included. You also have made, in this thread some blanket statements. I figured them your opinion and respected them, Ive known you a long time so I feel like I know where you are coming from in the opinions youve stated. Now ya'll get to do the same with mine. If you and I walked hand inhand to a hearing on ANY public land issue and wanted to make a change because we represent Hardline Crawlers web Forum... think they'd not say " whats that and who are you " as fleeting as it may be, SFWDA still stands for ALL of our better intrest.

redneckengineered said:
I understand doing this, respecting John G's wishes and what not. However, I will respectfully say it is a waste of money regardless of what it is costing HLC. I would rather see the board come together and pool funds to build a monument at John G's favorite park or something permanent. That's just spitballing but you get the idea.

Does nothing to support the hobby and region he so loved brother... HE DID stand behind SFWDA. Out of his own pocket on behalf of the club and forum

I think we have different views on it than the regular Joe with a jk and the quadratec or JC Whitney thrown at it. Different strokes for different folks.
In the end it costs us nothing to be a part of it...
At the very end of it, they support and try to represent our hobby/sport.

Does it need changes? Yea probably.
It's volunteer work also, so that changes the game too.

I still would like to see some answers like everyone else on here too tho.

Re:

Maybe all of "us" should become really active in SFWDA, and attach the SFWDA name to everything positive we do for the hobby, then SFWDA would become the best thing ever. Probably not a bad idea...

???

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
Maybe all of "us" should become really active in SFWDA, and attach the SFWDA name to everything positive we do for the hobby, then SFWDA would become the best thing ever. Probably not a bad idea...

???
Hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha

Re:

TBItoy said:

???

SFWDA will be ol school focused until young rowdy men take the initiative to force it to progress... much like rockcrawling if you think about it. I say great idea man. They are of a narrow focus.... stop yappin start doing is all Im saying. Being out of that region males this argument easy for me to be unbiased. BUT when people mention JohnG and his direction, I get easily biased. I have ZERO gain in investing in SFWDA association outside of the fact that the goverment agency finds legitimacy in OUR cause through them. So who is really using who ?

**** Obama , Keystun n titties flashemifyougotem

I did not know JohnG as good as some of you guys, but I respected him and everything he did for HLC, also I know nothing about sfwd, other than what I've read at there booth at the offroad expo. I paid last year, not much $25 I think and I posted earlier in this thread I would pay again. To me it's pretty simple, if you don't support it don't pay.... I did because I knew John did and I knew what he was doing for HLC. Like some have said this is my only social media outlet, and I enjoy it.

Re:

P said:
the goverment agency finds legitimacy in OUR cause through them. So who is really using who ?

That was basically the point I was making.

If every time I went to GMP to cut or clear a trail, or went to Pickett (state forest) and did a clean up ride, IF I was an active member of SFWDA, promoted it through SFWDA, asked for help from other SFWDA members, then maybe it would be "better" for everyone.

I guess SFWDA would be better for all of us, if we were all in SFWDA (and acted like it)
I "quit" Southern after the Tellico debacle when it seemed everyone that I knew involved and active in SFWDA became Dixie Run obsessed

The main issue I take with SFWDA in it's current form, is it seems (for a casual outside observer) to be an overblown event planning/promotion commission that doesn't actually DO anything to HELP 4wheeling.

I was just nosing thru their Facebook page...they have a PowerPoint of the 2015 budget. If anybody wants to look. They are sitting on a pretty good amount of money looks like to me.
I would link it but I don't know how to for a PowerPoint download on my phone.
I'm just searching because im curious as to what they actually do and how it operates.

For most of us it has nothing to do with hardline, John G,or anything free that hardline has done for us( thank you hardline we all love you) .It has to do with southern and the way they operate like do they even get on hardline like every other off roader in this part of the country? If they do i would be standing up for my org that i worked so hard for.As far as us haters helping parks and our offroad family don't get your peter out before the pissing contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.