• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Showtime 2.0

redneckengineered said:
I see he didn't forget to install the patented TC belt squeal thumb.gif

On a serious note what is his reasoning behind the old school small block vs LS? I always enjoy hearing the differing opinions.

My guess would be his engine builders choice, the ls series has been around a limited number of years compared to a gen 1 small block. Guys have been building those 350/400 blocks into monster motors for years and years...with carbs on them. When you start too throw the new style injection,ecu,ignition systems on them Im guessing you can pull the same if not more power outta it as a built to the hilt LS and be just as reliable, the old school style blocks making serious power in both of richies buggies can speak for themselves.

redneckengineered said:
On a serious note what is his reasoning behind the old school small block vs LS? I always enjoy hearing the differing opinions.

Because he just wanted to do something different than most people were doing nowadays and that motor is pretty dumb when it comes to power. It's stronger than his LSX 454 he had.

damn, that slow mo shot of the hit on cable hill at the end is awesome work Cole. :****:

Re: Re: Showtime 2.0

LightBnDr said:
Killer build as always.

Side note: I guess money cant buy a $2000 belt system that is truly squeal proof. Maybe it's one of those things that nobody cares about? It bugs the living crap out of me if mine chirps but I have zero money in my "custom" belt setup. Lol

Again great build. I loved the vid
I was around Derek West car last weekend with a dual steering pump set up without one single belt squal.
Bigshowdawg said:
The dual steering setups are hard to keep from squealing with those pumps they use.

the front seemed to be flexing around a little in the slow motion scene but it held together well under all the stress looks to be set up soft right now and I am sure that probably helps

It was flexing more than a little. Those are the link mounts flexing. I don't think they will last the season without some serious gusseting. Make it happen!
What do you call a bouncer that don't bounce? Winner
Good job TC!

yankster said:
Seems to really transfer weight to the rear tires well.

I was looking at it this weekend. It seems that the suspension geometry, particularly the antisquat, is setup so that it pulls the front end on acceleration.

Re: Re: Showtime 2.0

Mortalis5509 said:
I was around Derek West car last weekend with a dual steering pump set up without one single belt squal.
Is Derek's new car rear steer? I don't think it is so what does that tell you about having two pumps? Maybe Timmie needs to put four on his?

tiny said:
It was flexing more than a little.
What do you call a bouncer that don't bounce? Winner
Good job TC!

I'm digging the performance of the rig and it sounds Awesome, however I hope I'm missing the mark on the frontend... That slo-mo clip ( which was sweet) made me whence!!! That much lateral movement of the axle can't possible hold up. I bet TC remedies that soon enough. I reckon there are always tweaks to be done on a new rig.

Considering their isn't another hill around like Cable Hill I don't think he will have any issues with the front end. Only time will tell, it held up to that thrashing so that has to say something.

That being said, how much weaker is it because of that thrashing? No hate here. Just speculating. From TC's comments, I think its a safe bet that he wants to take 1st. I wouldn't understand why he would skip a relatively easy fix just to prove he got it right the first time. I guess it comes down to which is greater, his confidence in the design or desire to win.

Cole said:
Considering their isn't another hill around like Cable Hill I don't think he will have any issues with the front end. Only time will tell, it held up to that thrashing so that has to say something.
I'd check for cracked powder coat! Somethin was moving a good bit at the chassis end for the axle to move back and forth 2-3" :dblthumb:

al1tonyota said:
I'd check for cracked powder coat! Somethin was moving a good bit at the chassis end for the axle to move back and forth 2-3" :dblthumb:

That buggy gets gone through just like all of them, it will be checked from one end to the other and several things done to it before the next race.

BNBOFFROAD said:
Frontend is moving around because theres not that much triangulation ...not hatin just a observation

Erbody else's front end would've fallen off or at minimum done the same. We just don't get slomo videos to dissect it.