• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

STP riders

whiterice

So myself and 10,000 other bike riders will be hitting the roads to Portland.
Start at UW parking lot and head on down to Portland this Saturday. This will be my 5th year in a row. Sunny 74 is the basic weather all the way down. Should be a saweet ride. Riding with a small group of 12 broke up into two groups of 6 riders. We should be pretty beat Saturday night when we get into Portland. 203 miles in one day on your bike.. This year we even have a support motorhome, that will beat those 100 degree outhouses.. oh yea..

Good luck between spanaway and olympia. You guys **** up traffic so bad on hwy 507 it seems at least 5 or 6 people get hit a year. Seen a few yellow body covers over the years.

Good luck between spanaway and olympia. You guys **** up traffic so bad on hwy 507 it seems at least 5 or 6 people get hit a year. Seen a few yellow body covers over the years.

I've almost bagged a few myself. The shoulder is plenty ****ing wide, stay on it.

wow the last time I did STP was 3 years ago. ironically when I started wheelin' I stopped road bicycling :redneck:

Good luck! one of these days I'll get back to it!

ya, there is a few messed up road, but for the most part while you are on the backroad of Morocko, the locals now it is bad day to try and drive. Seems most people take Vac or something because there is very little traffic.
Got my bike dino-tuned for the ride, new tires, new chain. Hoping for a new PB time. Below is my ride plan time sheet.

Time Miles Location Rest
4:30 00m Start ride UW
5:55 24m Kent REI- 7 min
7:42 53m Spanaway-Keith 20 min
9:12 73m Yelm M/P School 7 min
10:54 100m Centralia-Keith 30 min
1:03 128m Vader Mini Stop 14 min
2:17 145m Lexington-Keith 20 min
4:23 175m St. Helen H/S 20 min
6:24 206m Lloyd Center Mall finished

That be a 12 ride time with 2 hrs rest. Avg ride speed of 16.9 mph.

**** you! Follow the law and yield to bicycles or go to jail.:kiss:

No **** you..... Those ****ing those ****ers ride all the way up to the double yellow line without any caring about the people that are in the vehicles trying to pass. Its totally bullshit Rick. :kissmyass:

You two wheeled tree hugging pedal pushers keep it down and on the shoulder when you ride past my house, I'll be trying to sleep. :flipoff:

Every year these STP bike riders leave trash at the end of my driveway. Energy bar wrapers, banana peels and water bottles. :looser:

Last edited:
No **** you..... Those ****ing those ****ers ride all the way up to the double yellow line without any caring about the people that are in the vehicles trying to pass. Its totally bullshit Rick. :kissmyass:

So go around. :rolleyes:Your car takes up the hole lane up to the yellow line do you hear the bikes bitching about that?...The problem is that if a cyclist stays in a small shoulder or hugs the right side of the road cars won't even bother to move over when passing. They just blow by a couple inches from running people over, it's a safety issue.
If you really think this is "bullshit" then talk to the law makers and get the laws changed but in the mean time yield to bikes or go to jail.:awesomework:

When Im walking, I hate cars. When Im driving, I hate pedestrians. But no matter my form of transportation, I always hate bikers.

WA and OR bikers are some of the most militant, in your face, lawbreaking A-holes I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a road with.

They pass on the right, they blow thru red lights and stop signs, they hold up traffic, all illegal per WA law. As long as your in the saddle, you are a VEHICLE! You want to follow pedestrian laws? get off an walk your bike thru the intersection.

Slow vehciles must pull over if you hold up more than 6 vehicles in this state. Yes, that means bikers too.

Id love nothing more than to see a pack of bikers pulled over and all given tickets. Heck, impound the bikes too!

When Im walking, I hate cars. When Im driving, I hate pedestrians. But no matter my form of transportation, I always hate bikers.

WA and OR bikers are some of the most militant, in your face, lawbreaking A-holes I have ever had the pleasure of sharing a road with.

They pass on the right, they blow thru red lights and stop signs, they hold up traffic, all illegal per WA law. As long as your in the saddle, you are a VEHICLE! You want to follow pedestrian laws? get off an walk your bike thru the intersection.

Slow vehciles must pull over if you hold up more than 6 vehicles in this state. Yes, that means bikers too.

Id love nothing more than to see a pack of bikers pulled over and all given tickets. Heck, impound the bikes too!

I think you should read the bicycle laws as it's clear you haven't. Yes there are laws and yes it's BS when people don't follow them.:awesomework:

I think you should read the bicycle laws as it's clear you haven't.

What is there to read? Per WA DOT website:

A bicycle is a legal road vehicle, just like a car.

When riding on a roadway, a cyclist has all the rights and responsibilities of a vehicle driver (RCW 46.61.755). Cyclists who violate traffic laws may be ticketed (RCW 46.61.750).

Cyclists may ride side by side, but not more than two abreast (RCW 46.61.770).

and yes, they can legally ride on the shoulder, but Im talking the guys that pass mere inches from your mirror on the right. Usually in the same lane as you, and then blow the light at the intersection. What if you were turning?

I'm just glad I'll be in the woods all weekend camping, By the time I get home everyone should be well past hwy 507 corridor.

Hey, I ride because I enjoy riding. I wheel my Jeep because I like to wheel.
Cars hate bike, cats hate dogs, it's a fact of life. Every wheeler isn't perfect and messes it up for all the people who try to respect the laws/regulations.
So this is a sponsored event, King of the Hammers is a sponsored event. Does that me The King of the Hammers is a bunch of idiots? If anyone dislikes bikes, hey, that's fine. I have been here for a while and thought I meet some other out there on bikes as well.

Hey, I ride because I enjoy riding. I wheel my Jeep because I like to wheel.
Cars hate bike, cats hate dogs, it's a fact of life. Every wheeler isn't perfect and messes it up for all the people who try to respect the laws/regulations.
So this is a sponsored event, King of the Hammers is a sponsored event. Does that me The King of the Hammers is a bunch of idiots? If anyone dislikes bikes, hey, that's fine. I have been here for a while and thought I meet some other out there on bikes as well.

Does KOH severely **** up the residents around it's day? No, it's in the ****ing desert. Do KOH competitors piss in and leave trash in the yards of surrounding homes? No. Do any KOH competitors go out of their way to be a nuisance to anyone else? No.

Does KOH severely **** up the residents around it's day? No, it's in the ****ing desert. Do KOH competitors piss in and leave trash in the yards of surrounding homes? No. Do any KOH competitors go out of their way to be a nuisance to anyone else? No.

This is easier then the Staples button,,
Push here to mess up my head "Bike"