• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Synthetic winch rope

Yotanut

Saw a tractor supply traveler brand 85 ft synthetic winch rope on close out for 80$. Anyone had any experience with this brand synthetic rope?

Re: Re: Synthetic winch rope

Yotanut said:
Saw a tractor supply traveler brand 85 ft synthetic winch rope on close out for 80$. Anyone had any experience with this brand synthetic rope?
Yup....been usin it for a year.

Now...you can't tell your friends it's a tractor supply brand. You won't get any trail cred.

Tell them instead of the blue Amsteel kind....tellem it's a Warn or Super winch.

This rope is used on a 1 ton rig that's pulled all kindsa **** outa the trail. 3 wheels....not running...drug. Been great.

Thx. It should work for me then since I'm only runnin a little ole yota

Re:

I'll have to keep my eyes I open, I'd love to get lucky and find a deal like that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm actually up that way from time to time. The company I work for is based in Alcoa and I'm up there from time to time.

xjmarc said:
I'm actually up that way from time to time. The company I work for is based in Alcoa and I'm up there from time to time.

I bought my welder that way to. I've never welded a day in my life and I was strolling through there one day and saw a 150$ list price jobsmart fluxcore welder for 50$.

FIgured at 50$ I'd give it a try for little rinky dink stuff that's not important. Got it home...opened up the welder and whoever returned it left a small spool of Lincoln Welding wire In it!

My welds aren't pretty but I've used it to fix little things around the house....weld some cargo hooks on the jeep....some bumpstops....seats in the jeep(hesitant, but been holding for a year!)....misc. brackets. Pretty cool once you grind the **** out of it and paint it black. :)

So years ago when I was winch shopping I was also shopping syn ropes so I could upgrade my spool during the order process.

What I learned was that MOST winch ropes look the same minus color differences as far as how they are woven and feel in your hands.

The kicker was the materials they are made from. So Dyneema is a patented material made from UHWMP or something. Lol

It comes in like 2 or 3 different ratings. SK65 and such.

Anyway the main differences between those and other winch lines is the cheap ones are made from Kevlar and other materials that yes are super strong but are not as resistant to UV light, bending and abrasion.

I don't run dyneema, but it sure looks like it. Lol
The off brand stuff works like a champ for us weekend warriors. Especially if your rig is stored inside.

It's the guys that log hundreds of hours in seat time with super rugged use where they see the difference between dyneema and the stuff we run.

I know, I only post up like I'm some kinda know it all. I don't mean to come off like that. I just do a crap load of research before I buy things. Just wanted to share with you :)

Re:

They had 50 on it, I told them I'd give 30 and they said sold.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Store in Warner Robins Ga had 4 on clearance

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 108
If anybody finds an extra one, I need one. Preferably in the $30-50 range. But I'm flexible.

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
I might have a hook up. If it works out I'll post up.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Definitely let us know. I might have 60' left of my cable it's broke so many times. I'd love to give rope a shot.

Latest posts