• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tennessee, Mid August

Why go to Deals Gap? You've been there. The road is littered with inexperienced riders trying to pose for pictures, cruisers doing 12 mph, traffic, and cops. There are hundreds of roads in that area with none of the previously mentioned and just as good . IMHO, its much more enjoyable riding.

David said:
Why go to Deals Gap? You've been there. The road is littered with inexperienced riders trying to pose for pictures, cruisers doing 12 mph, traffic, and cops. There are hundreds of roads in that area with none of the previously mentioned and just as good . IMHO, its much more enjoyable riding.
Well Kim told me I was taking her there since Droop won't buy a bike laughing1 But yes I have no real need to go there and bypassing it is not a big deal. I will also be on a cruiser and last trip I went through it at least half a dozen times.

David said:
Were going back to Colorado and Utah in September. Save some vacation time and bring the DRZ out to play.
Uggghhh! I will consider that. I need a good dual sport trip, I am this close to hanging up my DS gear and selling the bike it's been so long since I've ridden anywhere

Back to planning my 'route' after leaving Knoxville.

Gatlinburg, then hit Deals Gap for a photo opp, then where to???? I need to head west and find a place to stay within 5-600 miles form home to straight shoot it home Tuesday

payne97 said:
If your going to madisonville y not go to tellico and go that way theres alot more 2 c then going up 411
Yeah I can't see it all in one full day of riding. That is just my Monday....I have to be home in Iowa Tuesday so I don't have a ton of time to see it all. I'll be back though. I love that part of the country.