• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The hammers trip!!!!

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
Ok first lets get the dates out of the way........

The tim benders jambo is the 28-29th of april.

So what we figured is leave april the 22nd(sunday) at 4am--this will let us miss any traffic in the populated cities(worked real well for the last trip down). Now the plan is to have 2 drivers per tow rig because we are hauling butt straight thru with no rest stops.
We will plan on leaving there for home the afternoon of the 30th.

So before everybody jumps in and says I wanna go think real hard before you say so. The hammerz is not a rig friendly place--its just plain brutal on stuff. if you are brining a rig with small axles---bring spares. if you are a hammer down person--bring lots of spares as the terain is not like up here in the PNW---tire spin/being bound up kills parts...

Ok--so far we have confirmed

Wheelers
Me
Bradly
Sarg
Cisco
Bernie
Mark M.
Mark L.
Ben
Bobby long
Odie

Co-Pilots
Shane
Joe
Bill

Last edited:
Mark m. said:

Ya bill expressed that pretty well on your behalf :D
have you figured out what rig your taking mark? Bill had said very possably the red one unless it sells...

So is anybody else besides brad towing down with an enclosed trailer?

Also I would like to see who is bringing what big tools with them. Since we will be camped together we can huddle all of our large tooling together which means we can hopefully cut down on everybody bringing alot of un-needed stuff down..

I'm bringing my red rig and pretty much any spare parts I may need. As far as tools I pretty much only have room for for the basic stuff to fix my rig.

Mark m. said:
I'm bringing my red rig and pretty much any spare parts I may need. As far as tools I pretty much only have room for for the basic stuff to fix my rig.

I think it will boil down to each person brining one big item.

I'm about 20 min east of but I could have somebody drop me off by the I-5 bridge...say just across the river in jantzen beach at the ODOT station.

Grommit327 said:
I'm about 20 min east of but I could have somebody drop me off by the I-5 bridge...say just across the river in jantzen beach at the ODOT station.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

with dates now set we can start the planning part :cool:

I got a lot of work to do..........

I will bring my enclosed trailer and probably welder/plasma and generator. Now who wants to donate to the D60 for Brad fund? :D

You wanna go Joe?

:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: Hell ya!!!! this will be fun just wish i could take the F-toy with us...:booo: o well will still have fun any way!!!!!!!:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

stealthrunner said:
:clappy: :clappy: :clappy: Hell ya!!!! this will be fun just wish i could take the F-toy with us...:booo: o well will still have fun any way!!!!!!!:clappy: :clappy: :clappy:

And why not the f-toy? seemed like it worked great on Sunday!

tow rig insecurity's don't know enough about it yet haven't gone all through it yet..still have to buy a trailer...and probably wouldn't have enough money after buying my trailer in march...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: theres always me and mark M's tentative next year plans...Rubicon/ moab run we're talking about...:redneck:

Oh and I will be bringing one maybe two transfer tanks full of diesel so I don't have to find a fuel station for at least 750 miles or so:D

Last edited:
Trailtoy1993 said:
Oh and I will be bringing one maybe two transfer tanks full of diesel so I don't have to find a fuel station for about 750 miles or so:D

I would hate to fill all them up :D

Trailtoy1993 said:
Gonna burn it all anyway might as well buy fuel here where it is cheaper:redneck:

Besides, I kinda figured you were gonna burn oil from my tanks anyway:redneck:

On the road fillup :D Kinda like them jets do--that could add a lil fun to the trip :haha: