• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

TLT Build Up Thread **Updated**

VMGontheRocks

This thread is to help you with building a TLT. I will include links, pictures and ideas for your TLT build.
More to come...

Well first off you need a set of TLT axles for your build. The whole kit can be purchased from www.hobbypeople.net or www.ultimatehobbies.com
You only need the axles and some of the hardware from the kit for your build up.
Next you need to get some tires and wheels. I reccommend the Pro-Line Masher 2000 Pro-Line Masher 2000 . They seem to do really well on Front Stampede wheels that are narrowed on the inner bead.
Next you need to get a aftermarket chassis. Any can be gotten from the Rccrawler.com Vendors market. I would reccommend either the XRC or Benders SW2.
Now you also need to get a tranny. Which includes a Pede tranny, a Stealth tranny or a XXX-T tranny. I reccommend the Pede tranny which can be bought from Tammies Hobbies.
For a Motor I reccommend either a 55t lathe from Tammies Hobbies. Or a Revolver brushless motor from Holmes Hobbies.
Shocks, any quality 4" shock will work. Like these T-Maxx ones. The key though is getting the right springs so that your rig does not have any Torque Twist.

Instead of trying to get tons of flex (about 60-75*), try to get your CoG (center of gravity) down low. This helps prevent roll overs and keeps your truck stable. To do this, figure out ways to keep the motor and battery down low. These two components are the heaviest pieces in your chassis, and its up to you to be creative and deal with them.

Bodies: any body will work on a crawler just make sure you like the body, paint it up, slap it on your rig and make some minor cuts.

you should add more to this if u can becasue im thinking about biulding one and i find this info to kinda be vag and also i dont know really what im looking for i try to find the axles and i get lost lol

DarkShadow said:
you should add more to this if u can becasue im thinking about biulding one and i find this info to kinda be vag and also i dont know really what im looking for i try to find the axles and i get lost lol
Pm me. I can probably answer any question you have. The axles come in the 1:18 scale TLT 1 truck kit from Tamiya. Most common tranny is the Traxxas Stampede.

Easy diff lock for your tlt. No goo involved. I'll let the pics do the explaining.
DSC02378.jpg

Open
DSC02377.jpg

DSC02376.jpg

or if you have an extra gear.
DSC02379.jpg

It's that easy and if you change your mind there is No cleaning out what ever you used, unless you used JB:mad:

I just hope you remembered to lock tight the three little screws that hold the diff together. If not now is the time to take it back apart and locktight those screws or you will be in a world of hert.

shotmobile said:
I just hope you remembered to lock tight the three little screws that hold the diff together. If not now is the time to take it back apart and locktight those screws or you will be in a world of hert.
I always use locktight and anyways its still on the bench as seen in pic