• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tony Stewart?

This is typical Media Bullshit IMO. I wonder if some of the authors of the headlines I've seen even watched the videos? :****:

The Kid gets out of his car and walks down the track almost getting hit by the white and blue #45 car(who you can see is close to the bottom of the track going at the same speed or faster than Tony). Once that car has passed he lunges down the track towards Tony's car. Tony's car is pulled to the right after it made contact with the kid.

This is racing 101.....stay in your car unless it is on fire!! Its the safest place for you until paramedics arrive period end of story. This is a VERY preventable accident.

Yes other top name drivers(including Tony Stewart) have gotten out of their cars on national TV and done similar things. All were stupid for doing so and all got fined by their scanting body. They all were at least on a well lighted track and in brightly colored racing suits. Not in a mostly black race suit and helmet on a horribly lit track....on dirt

If Tony Stewart wasn't a big name racer this would not be news and the head line would read a lot different. News is whatever someone wants to make it these days and its pretty discussing IMO.

I'm NOT a Tony Stewart fan!! In Fact I think he is a prick. But right is right no matter how I feel about the guy.

Re: Re: Re: Tony Stewart?

jeeptj99 said:
I wonder if it had been anyone other that Tony Stewart driving the car if it would have blown up like it did? It's crazy how the media **** storm works.

I was at the Bounty Hill last year at AOP and we were right on the lines there were a few times i got a little nervous. And all the drunk people there that could barely stand up how were they going to move out of the way? I love going to events but sadly they are like a ticking time bomb, at some point someone is going to take a bad bounce or get knocked out like Wes Keen did on Aetna that time and its going to be bad.
Absolutely not... had it been a no name driver, it would have been ruled an on-track accident and that would have been it. No one besides the people of new york would have known about it.

Re: Re: Tony Stewart?

Too soon?
arygu3am.jpg

Blase said:
If Tony Stewart wasn't a big name racer this would not be news and the head line would read a lot different. News is whatever someone wants to make it these days and its pretty discussing IMO.

I'm NOT a Tony Stewart fan!! In Fact I think he is a prick. But right is right no matter how I feel about the guy.

Yep. This was more of a suicide than an accident.

Survival of the fittest at its finest! I hate the kid got killed but if your stupid enough to step in front of the cars or you cannot control your anger enough then you get what you get. Harsh maybe, but rubbing is racing and you cant blame other drivers for your wreck. Plus he had plenty of room to get it into control. It was his lack of experience that caused him to wreck. I hate it for his family.

I see this happen all the time at the local track I think it is crazy because they never win against the car I can see this starting a line of rules coming from this and fines throughout the big boys and on down I hate there was a life lost, I am sure that is was not on purpose and bet it will affect TS for the rest of his life

I live 45 minutes from this track and people are having a outrage over this, I'm with you guys, dirt racing runs deep up here and for a 20 year old kid that had made it this far in the sport , he should damn sure know not to
Get outta the car on the track unless he was looking for attention and he got it, all the people are saying tony Stewart murdered him and I think it's total bullshit, I'm not much of a race fan but this wouldn't be blown up of anyone else
Had hit the kid it woulda just been an accident , since it
Was Stewart it's now a big deal , I feel bad for all that's Involved, but it was 100% avoidable

Just my dumb 2 cents. track rules say stay buckled up till safety crew tells you it is ok to get out. cars moving , Dark track surface , low light, an a kid in a black suit in front of a black car, may be hard to judge distance to a moving car, or a person on foot , for Tony or the others involved. Sorry to the families involved. The young man was being groomed for the life of a racer, Sometimes even for the best drivers that doesn't work out well. # 3 and he was in the car.

Rockwells607 said:
I live 45 minutes from this track and people are having a outrage over this, I'm with you guys, all the people are saying tony Stewart murdered him and I think it's total bullshit,

WOW that is crazy!! I will admit I watch the video again 5-6 times this morning before posting. His wheels were turned to the right before he hit him but so were all of the other cars that can be seen once he jumped out. That is how these cars work. Turn right to go left!

Tony's car did not move to the right until after it hit him. Any light car like that would dart to the right when its using a person as wheel chuck.

I wonder if Tony will ever go sprit car racing again? First his leg that cost him the season last year and now this. pretty sure he will start losing sponsors due to lack of time and results in his sprit cup car (or having serious talks).

Re: Tony Stewart?

Sprint cars also don't have a clutch or transmission for that matter as far as I know, drive spud on the crank and a shaft to the quick change. Can't just stop one of those units.

Getting out of his car was a fatal mistake.

With that said in normal language...WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING GETTING OUT OF HIS RACE CAR.....ON A RACE TRACK....DURING A RACE....DAMN.

I think its a shame that everybody is so focused on calling Tony a killer they cant even tell you the right age of the driver.
Hes 17
no hes 20 now
then 21 during a nascar segment
and today hes 19
:****: :wtflol:

It'll b a negative for tony either way. Think about guys.
Your a 20 yr old racing a NASCAR great you get spun or spin
You'd want to atleast have the chance to give him what for even tho
You'd never prolly do it face to face. Ok flip side your Tony Stewart
Some 20 tr old runs out to flip you off. If he seen him I'm sure he was
Like Really. Kevin ward jr made a bad desicion it cost him his life.
In the videos looked to me like the blue and white car swerved to miss him
If he would have hit him we would have never heard about it. Terrible
Situation all the way around. Sorry for his family. Also sorry we love in a instant world
It's a sad thing.

clemsonjeep said:
Yep the visibility isn't so great...

b4.jpg

And when you're in a low light race you are looking for one thing on the track, OTHER CARS.... It's a wonder someone else didn't hit the idiot before TS did. It's like the "public motorist not seeing the motorcyclist and pulling out in front of him" effect. All your **** is focused on fawkin' racing and monitoring the cars around you. You ain't checkin for dogs, tree limbs, pot holes, debris, IDIOTS WALKING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE TRACK.

The media, as usual, are ignorant as fawk.