• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tony Stewart?

Re: Tony Stewart?

That would not surprise me a bit. I know he is putting Burton in his car this weekend.

Would'nt surprize me either. Even if it was 100% a pure accident and he felt he could not let it affect his racing,just the public and some of his fans views would keep haunting him
I think in the long term of thinking he has seen that his career in racing is over. Imo i think that drivers should get fined and banned from a race or two if they get out of their cars before track officials get there
and respond if they wreck or whatever. Maybe that will keep **** like this from happening. It may be like that already i have no clue,never been a fan of that style of racing only off road type racing.

First post on Hardline and im talking about Tony Stewart ::)

MikeW74 said:
Imo i think that drivers should get fined and banned from a race or two if they get out of their cars before track officials get there
and respond if they wreck or whatever. Maybe that will keep **** like this from happening.
This is a good idea right here. There is a lot to be learned from a situation like this and I'm sure that there will be a change in the way things happen from here on out, regardless of what the outcome is with Tony.

InDaShop said:
Tony to retire from all auto racing, and selling his half of Stewart-Haas racing is the rumor mill.

Its a shitty deal!! can't imagine how he feels but it seems to me if he truly believed that he could not have done anything else he wouldn't be doing that. But hey I'm not in his shoes!

MikeW74 said:
Imo i think that drivers should get fined and banned from a race or two if they get out of their cars before track officials get there
and respond if they wreck or whatever. Maybe that will keep **** like this from happening. It may be like that already i have no clue,never been a fan of that style of racing only off road type racing.

First post on Hardline and im talking about Tony Stewart ::)

Welcome to Hardline!!!

Most tracks/series already fine or park you for the balance of the weekend if you get out and taunt. I race roadrace series where if you get out and you arent on fire or the car doesnt smell of fuel, you get put on the trailer for the weekend. There is some track judge discretion but by & large they put em on the trailer. If you are out before the Safety truck gets there.

InDaShop said:
Welcome to Hardline!!!

Most tracks/series already fine or park you for the balance of the weekend if you get out and taunt. I race roadrace series where if you get out and you arent on fire or the car doesnt smell of fuel, you get put on the trailer for the weekend. There is some track judge discretion but by & large they put em on the trailer. If you are out before the Safety truck gets there.

Gotta be Lemons or SCCA/NASA club racing. Seems to be the standard no matter what track we go to, thats one of the first things addressed in the drivers meeting and has been this way for as long as I can remember. It works well. I've never seen someone get parked for a weekend because they know the consequences beforehand. Now being livid because they got punted then being irate back in the paddock, different story.

gsell said:
Went out looting with the GT Buggy tonight just to protest. Dang I can't quit laughing about Kermit.....
Bunch of damn thugs.

On a different note Gregg, give us a heads up one night when y'all are headed over to Zac Browns place, like to slide over for a beer.