• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck Drives off mountain from String Trail (4W309)

I would only feel bad for the passenger if he asked to get out, and the driver didn't stop to let him out. If he thought it was a good idea to try it, and wanted to be along for the ride... then what is there to feel bad about?

From one of my favorite movies, "Its Ok Ronnie! I was drunk too!!"

:haha::haha::haha:

I'm waiting to hear if the driver is being charged with something.. vehicular assault? Especially if he was shown to be drunk when driving, this guy won't be (and thankfully so) not wheeling for some time.
Jail time would be a nice addition for kicks

I don't know if they can charge with anything criminal but I'm sure the Forest Service could make his life miserable with some massive fines.

I'm waiting to hear if the driver is being charged with something.. vehicular assault? Especially if he was shown to be drunk when driving, this guy won't be (and thankfully so) not wheeling for some time.
Jail time would be a nice addition for kicks

Normally I am all for stiff sentences imposed on drunks, but I don't know in this case. I don't know how close of friends the guys were.. he might be going through more of a hell right now that any prison could produce. If he is at home with a beer in his hand and laughing his ass off right now not feeling any remorse - then I say toss him in the cell. :yousuck:

Normally I am all for stiff sentences imposed on drunks, but I don't know in this case. I don't know how close of friends the guys were.. he might be going through more of a hell right now that any prison could produce. If he is at home with a beer in his hand and laughing his ass off right now not feeling any remorse - then I say toss him in the cell. :yousuck:

And this is why this country is headed to hell in a hand basket... Because too many people worry about how someone is feeling at the moment and is willing to compromise based on that. Hell no, I don't care if the driver is my brother, being drunk and stupid is NOT an excuse, I don't care if the driver is feeling like a pile of **** or not. He did what he did and now hopefully a jury of his peers will get to send his ass to jail.

Has anybody heard how the passenger is doing? What about the driver???
Here is an e-mail I just got about the passenger:
Hi, I'm the injured boy's uncle and I'm just writing to thank you and the others who helped make sure he got out of there. He's home now, resting uncomfortably, with several broken bones and a hell of a lot of bruising. Nothing life threatening that we know of, just a lot of discomfort. Thanks for posting the pictures, it's enabled me to explain to his grandmother that he's lucky to be alive. Take care, and don't drive like that....

I heard thru the grapevine that this truck used to be orange until recently, has a smallblock, and that the exocage work was not built by the driver, but was built by Ray-Ray's Offroad... who there have been several posts about his work on here...

I don't know how true any of that is, but it is just what I heard... :eeek:

I'm sorry but some people have no F*ing brain what so ever! :scratchhead: I feel sorry for the passenger an hope he will be ok, personnally I would have said ur "effing" nuts an gotten outta the truck! but thats just my commen sence, no body ever took my advise anyway lol!

I ran that trail on Monday, stopped briefly at that cliff spot should have looked over might have seen the truck still there - it is not a trail, is not marked as a trail, never will be marked as a trail the driver had no business even attempting what he did, drunk is not an excuse - ever neither is sober. I come from Canada and visit the area only every couple of years and the chance that an area can be impacted by such recklessness is beyond me, The trails are great the scenery amazing. Stupid stunts like this is what gets us locked out of places the world over. Accidents happen, trucks can roll over, people can be hurt doing our sport thats a fact but this was completely avoidable - and don't get me started on the bags of beer cans, broken glass, a battery tray a full muffler and garbage I cleaned up from the hard lines at Moon rocks so I could take pictures...

Albert V
4WD Magazine.

I ran that trail on Monday, stopped briefly at that cliff spot should have looked over might have seen the truck still there - it is not a trail, is not marked as a trail, never will be marked as a trail the driver had no business even attempting what he did, drunk is not an excuse - ever neither is sober. I come from Canada and visit the area only every couple of years and the chance that an area can be impacted by such recklessness is beyond me, The trails are great the scenery amazing. Stupid stunts like this is what gets us locked out of places the world over. Accidents happen, trucks can roll over, people can be hurt doing our sport thats a fact but this was completely avoidable - and don't get me started on the bags of beer cans, broken glass, a battery tray a full muffler and garbage I cleaned up from the hard lines at Moon rocks so I could take pictures...

Albert V
4WD Magazine.

Thanks Albert:awesomework:

Thanks Albert:awesomework:

No problem its what I do...
augtrip6.jpg

Al

I can't believe how many worthless ****s posted in this thread...

**** the cage, **** the trail...

These are people!!!

Let's see how people react if you do something stupid, or better yet build something...

I really hope none of you, or my family, ever have something like this happen...

I hope people will treat you kindly in your time of need...

Judgment is a great thing, when you're not being judged...

I think the driver has, and is, receiving his fair share of consequences, justice has already been served. No witch hunt neccesary here fellas:rb:

-He wrecked his truck:booo:
-He hurt himself:booo:
-He hurt his friend:booo:
-I'm sure he's already been lectured:booo:
-I'm sure he's got bills from this:booo:
-He's been publicly humiliated:booo:
-His truck has probably been picked clean by now:booo:
-He can't wheel:booo:
-Possible DUI Charges:booo:

This could have easily been any number of people on this board, drunk or not, it's easy to be a critic on the keyboard.:corn: Should we charge Brian H with vehicular assault too?:stirpot: I mean come on, draw the line somewhere for gods sake:haha:

-He wrecked his truck:booo:no loss
-He hurt himself:booo:he lived
-He hurt his friend:booo:they lived
-I'm sure he's already been lectured:booo:maybe. maybe he listened and maybe he didn't.
-I'm sure he's got bills from this:booo:tax payers could be paying for all we know.
-He's been publicly humiliated:booo:is he even on here?
-His truck has probably been picked clean by now:booo:no loss
-He can't wheel:booo:maybe
-Possible DUI Charges:booo:maybe
Should we charge Brian H with vehicular assault too?probably.:flipoff:

You assume these things have happened to this guy and he learned a lesson. If he's stupid enough to do it once he's probably stupid enough to do it again.:looser:

Latest posts