The pile of worthless ****
Picture224.jpg

Picture230.jpg

Picture240.jpg

Picture245.jpg

Picture255.jpg

Bitches all up on my **** already
Picture259.jpg

looks like a good start. just be careful of where you mount your shackles and front hanger. seems like most of the lift co's set you up for a good amount of lift but not a great amount of travel. i'm in the process of moving my shackle mounts from my TG kit this weekend.

wizzo said:
looks like a good start. just be careful of where you mount your shackles and front hanger. seems like most of the lift co's set you up for a good amount of lift but not a great amount of travel. i'm in the process of moving my shackle mounts from my TG kit this weekend.
Did u mount them where the kit said to and didnt have good travel. :dunno:

I followed TG's instructions for setting up the springs for a truck w/ the v6. They suggested pushing the front cross member forward and centering the shackle mount between the body mount. Doing this was good for lift but not good for taking advantage of possible suspension travel. I do like having the front hanger forward b/c it helps keep the tires out of the fire wall, I’m running 37's. So what I decided to do was keep the front hanger where it is (b/c it would be a bitch to move and i like the axle further forward) and move the shackle mounts forward and lower on the frame. Basically I measured the top leaf spring when it's flat, which was 48". Then measured from the center of the front hanger bolt hole back 48" to a point about 1 inch off the frame. From that point I measure 5" (that is the length of my shackles bolt holes) forward at an angle to a point on the frame where I could put the shackle tube. This way I can use all the potential travel of the leaf spring and this will give me a lower stance. I’m sure I’ll be doing some fender trimming.

I'll try and get some pics this weekend, hope this helps.

Yeh thanks. I will be running 36's. I went with 5" in the rear because of the ass of a runner being so heavy. :popcorn:

shame it was so damn cold in that shop! :flipoff1: skully skully :flipoff1:

you getting there grasshopper, stay at it.

wade

some pics of what i was talk'n bout

you can see in this pic where the old shackle mount was
2861671790055107709S425x425Q85.jpg

here is the pass side finished up and old holes were plated over
2944456100055107709S425x425Q85.jpg

i'll have some pics with the springs mounted and weight on em tom. morning

Thanks man :dblthumb:

Just got my spool and locker yesterday gonna try to install this weekend. :****:

All i like is sliders, back bumper, and chromo Longs :dblthumb: loller.gif

Then wheel my ass off :woot: and :drinkers: tooooo much

Got Coal? said:
Got my old Rocks and Locks back. :driving:

Picture141.jpg
thumb.gif

those are some sexy tars and locks!

bitch looks alot better w/o the stripes! :dblthumb:

need to chop a pic of mine and see what it would look like. :fish:

wade