• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
This topic came up with a coworker today.

Point blank... I don't wear mine but the wife wears hers. I've talked to some and they think its just crazy that I don't wear mine and can't believe that my wife isn't pissed about it.

I just don't like stuff on my hands/fingers. Now I like watches....flashy watches.....that's different. ;)

The wife wears hers no problem because ...well... women's rings are a lot more intricate and flashy and pretty much more expensive than dudes rings so I see why she wants to wear it. And no I didn't get her some $10,000 ring like Pholman did, I think it was about fifteen hundred bucks or so.

The ring she got me was some kind of maybe $80 or $100 tungsten something or other... I wore it for about 2 weeks and just couldn't deal with it.

Jus curious what others think... I don't think it's a big deal but this is my perspective and sometimes I'm a little one sided.

I have a titanium ring (super light), and I can't stand wearing it. I used to take it off as soon as I got home from work. Would take it off when driving, take it off when working on the keyboard all day, etc.

I sure as hell never wore it wrenching. After seeing my dad nearly peel his finger clean to the bone, nope nope nope.

Now I have something different. I got a silicone ring from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UA2IMW6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

It's black. It's cheap. It's very lightweight and flexible so I barely notice it. It doesn't hurt my finger like my old one did (and yes, it sized right, would slide off easily). The old one just dug into my finger and I didn't like it.

I'm pretty pleased with this one, and can wear it all day with no issues. My wife wouldn't care if I did or didn't, but I did it for her. And I'm proud to show it. So this was a good compromise.

My wife bought me a Qalo silicon ring right after we got married. I'm a welder so there's no way of wear a regular ring to work or the gym, but with this thing I'm not worried about peeling my finger off. I have a nice tungsten one, but I rarely wear it bc this one is unnoticeable on my finger. My wife wouldn't care if I never wore one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silicon one is a pretty neat idea.

I am no longer married, so it's a non issue. However, when I was married I tried wearing my titanium one as much as possible. The thing is that I would take it off while wrenching in the garage and leave it in the house where it wouldn't get lost. The wife would see it and freaking hide it just to see how long it would take me to realize it was missing. Dirty pool because I would leave it in conspicuous places where I would see it and remember to put it back on. When she hid it, I didn't get the luxury of the memory aid and she got more pissed as the days clicked by.

Hence the ex-wife. :dunno:

I have worn mine every day since 1979. And a second ring my dad gave me about 1982. However, I can not stand to sleep in them, so they come off every night and put on the dresser with all the other stuff from my pockets.

I wear mine usually from Monday-Friday. I take it off each night as soon as I hit the door. And often, I forget to put it back on the next morning and go to work without it anyway. Friday-Sunday, I for sure am not wearing one.

I think it just depends on the woman, but mine has not ever said a word about it. Atleast not in a bitching way. She has asked if I've seen it lately, as I tend to lose it from time to time. But other than that, she could care less about it.

That all said, I have her initials tattooed on my ring finger. So, it's always there technically I guess. The reason I wear the ring Monday-Friday for work, it covers the tattoo.

Re:

Again with one of my perceptions..... it seems the people that "I've encountered" freak out when I tell them I don't wear my wedding ring all the time are the people that are nothing but leeches on society and Babymakers...."by Gawd I love my wive an I wanna show'r I'm ded-uuuhhh-cated ta her an only her!"

That's usually followed by a "my wife would kill me if'n I didn't wore it".

When I hear that last statement...that pretty much sums up why they're REALLY wearing it.....your man-card is kept in your wife's tampon box.

I think most people on here are fairly logical and financially stable and I value these opinions a little bit more than the ones that I've run into.

I mean we have to be logical and great salesmen if we can convince ourselves to buy $2,000+ worth of tires that will never really drive on the roads. LOL

Re: Re: Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

JohnG said:
I have worn mine every day since 1979. And a second ring my dad gave me about 1982. However, I can not stand to sleep in them, so they come off every night and put on the dresser with all the other stuff from my pockets.
My mom and dad were the same way. Married 40+ years until dad passed a couple years ago.

Wore my ring a bit right after I got married. Took it off and the wife asked why and was cool with it. She asks that I wear on it date night, family gatherings or when I have to wear my fancy suit/shiny shoes to work. Says it completes the look.

I have a tungsten carbide. I never take it off or clean it. I pray I never rip or burn my finger off. Being that it is a symbol of the promise I made to God and my wife I just never think about takin it off. My knuckles are so swollen, it won't come off anyway

Wore mine Monday - Friday when I went to work the first few years of marriage. Don't wear it on the farm or in the shop in the afternoons or weekends. My wife got tired of me losing it around the house when I took it off. Most of the time it was in my pants pocket.... so she told me just to quit wearing before I really lost it. Now I wear it just when we go out on dates.

creepycrawly said:
The silicon one is a pretty neat idea.

I am no longer married, so it's a non issue. However, when I was married I tried wearing my titanium one as much as possible. The thing is that I would take it off while wrenching in the garage and leave it in the house where it wouldn't get lost. The wife would see it and freaking hide it just to see how long it would take me to realize it was missing. Dirty pool because I would leave it in conspicuous places where I would see it and remember to put it back on. When she hid it, I didn't get the luxury of the memory aid and she got more pissed as the days clicked by.

Hence the ex-wife. :dunno:

My wife threatened to do that. With me being a mechanic I never wear mine. But I know where it is. Iv probably worn it 8 times since we have been married. Here lately tho I will put it on and when she doesn't notice I start tapping it on **** till she notices. Lol. I can't stand it to be honest. Bugs my finger and also worried I'll lose it so it stays in a safe place on the night stand. She keeps threatening me with that silicone one tho. We will see how long I can avoid that :****:

Re:

I'm a machinist so I made my own Ti ring on the lathe @ work. I take it off as soon as I get to work & put my safety glasses on. If I'm worried about it out in my shop, I'll drop it in my pocket.

Otherwise I have it on. My wife doesn't care either way.

I wear mine everyday. However, if I'm going to be in the shop all weekend I'll throw on a knockoff Qalo silicon ring. You can buy them on Amazon cheap. My wife's cousin sells the silicon rings on Amazon under the brand "Country Bound". They are comfortable and you don't have to worry about scratching your vehicle if you are detailing a truck or something.

my wife doesn't make a big deal out of it but i know she likes that I wear it. Our marriage is something I'm proud of so I don't mind wearing it. I have a tungsten carbide ring. I do take it off if I'm running a machine or something dangerous. It took me a while to get used to, i've never been one to wear rings or watches.