• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

I wear mine every day on my 3rd or 4th one. Have had two cut off at the shop and Lost one or two. My Wife make sure i have it on before i leave the House.
She tells me to never leave the House with it . don't know y hell i'm 51 years old don't know one want my ass. >:D

JohnG said:
I have worn mine every day since 1979. And a second ring my dad gave me about 1982. However, I can not stand to sleep in them, so they come off every night and put on the dresser with all the other stuff from my pockets.

Same here, no possible way I can sleep in mine, I've worn mine everyday since married 14 years ago and it was my dad's for 47 years before I got it. My wife has my mom's so they mean more than the average ring to us.

Wore mine maybe 3months and its pretty much been in the night stand ever since (cheap titanium). I will occasionally put it on if she and I are going somewhere nice, but its usually after she asks. She does not get upset that I dont wear it and is suprised that I can actually find my wedding band after nearly 13yrs of marriage. She has to really like and love me to put up with my crap, or maybe she's glutton for punishment.

Mine was my grandfather's that he wore for 62 years of marriage.

It only comes off when I'm going to the gym or out to the shop, but is back on immediately afterwards. I always have it in the back of my mind when its not on my hand, just doesn't feel right.

Wife has never had to ask or check to see if I have it on.

I don't wear mine, the wife was pissed for a little while, but she finally got over it. At first she was like, other women need to know your married, I'm like, I know I'm married, so it doesn't matter who else knows it.

Re: Re: Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

easleycrawler said:
I don't wear mine, the wife was pissed for a little while, but she finally got over it. At first she was like, other women need to know your married, I'm like, I know I'm married, so it doesn't matter who else knows it.
This guy right here.....

4c243944288becdef96c7b636520e355.jpg

I took mine off when we got home from our wedding 11 1/2 years ago and haven't touched it since. The wife has never really said much about it. My hands have since swollen as I've gotten older and I can't even get it halfway on now.

Re:

I'm fixing to get married in may. She is going buy me a silicone ring for work cause I'm a mechanic and said she is going buy and nice one for special occasions. I know it's going take a while to get use to it but I'm going wear mine everyday everywhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Don't wear mine at work or when working on anything! And if you've ever seen someone's finger de-gloved because of a ring you know why.

Mine is always on. It's a pretty heavy tungsten carbide and was awkward as heck for the first while. Now I feel strange without it.

1tonyj said:
Don't wear mine at work or when working on anything! And if you've ever seen someone's finger de-gloved because of a ring you know why.
This is why I quit wearing mine after two months of marriage. Didn't really bother my wife. 22 years later and in the office now, I wear a new one. Lost the old one.

My company doesn't allow electrical workers to wear them, so there's quite a few wearing the silicon rings.

I have never been a fan of jewelry, but I wear mine every day, thumb.gifonly comes off at work, and in shower, proud to wear it everyday and I guarantee I'm no leach.

Re:

I dont wear mine very often, im a machinist so its a big no no at work. I usually wear it when we go out or something but thats about it. Wife could care less either way. Its a gear ring that the gears actually turn, kinda neat
2e3ad915d5c94254449e26603026f211.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wimpykid said:
This is why I quit wearing mine after two months of marriage. Didn't really bother my wife. 22 years later and in the office now, I wear a new one. Lost the old one.

My company doesn't allow electrical workers to wear them, so there's quite a few wearing the silicon rings.

Derail on. I've always heard about working around electric wearing a ring is dangerous I think about it every time I'm working on a live circuit, I'm guessing that's the reason you don't wear one????? Derail off,, sorry

Never take mine off unless I'm working with my hands. Anything that involves using my hands to work I take it off. I have a Qalo I wear when we go wheeling as i am always messing with something and would hate to loose mine or loose a finger. I am on my second tungsten ring.

Re: Re:

09zkrankin said:
I dont wear mine very often, im a machinist so its a big no no at work. I usually wear it when we go out or something but thats about it. Wife could care less either way. Its a gear ring that the gears actually turn, kinda neat

Love those gear rings.....and again I'm no ring person.

easleycrawler said:

Here's the issue I have with her theory. No kidding. I turned down more women during the 7 years I was married than I have had an opportunity to accept in the rest of my adult life combined. Not sure what it was. Maybe the thrill, maybe they thought it was easier for them. Not sure. I just know that I've since thought about slipping it back on and going out just to see what happens. But then I realized that any woman who is interested in a married man isn't a woman I am interested in.

The moral of the story is that rings don't make you more or less married. Only your convictions and commitment can do that.

I've got my tungsten ring and two qalos. My first qalo started to fade a bit and finally tore about halfway thru. So I ordered another.

Re:

09zkrankin said:

The Gear Ring is my during the week wedding band and I have a a backup $20 Amazon ring for the weekends. The Gear Ring is awesome with the exception of getting caught in beard hair every now and again :****:

Also the same folks that make the Gear Ring also make a Gear Necklace that my wife wears nearly everyday. Both my ring and her necklace get a fair amount of attention.