• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

Lampley said:
Wore mine Monday - Friday when I went to work the first few years of marriage. Don't wear it on the farm or in the shop in the afternoons or weekends. My wife got tired of me losing it around the house when I took it off. Most of the time it was in my pants pocket.... so she told me just to quit wearing before I really lost it. Now I wear it just when we go out on dates.

Update: so after reading all you guys recommending silicon rings I did a little research and decided to order me one. Found qalo makes a sweet looking camo one. Figured it would make the wife happy, me wearing a ring all the time and I would not have to worry about skinning my finger on the farm or in the shop. It was only like $23 with shipping so if it breaks or I lose it no biggie. It came in yesterday, and it feels pretty good and looks good to. My wife is happy, heck she may show me a little :cougar: after a while. So thanks for the recommendation guys.

I had a black ceramic ring when I first got married. Was always worried about tearing my finger off on the farm or in the shop. Ending up breaking my original wedding ring while holding a punch trying to knock a seal off. Guess the vibration was more than the ceramic could handle. Ended up getting a qalo and haven't took it off since. I got another ceramic one but never think about swapping them if we go out or something.

Silicone ring? Serious?

Just think what would have happened to buds hand in that hydraulic bulkhead door when the topside umbilical crane broke off in that storm. Then came down and started pulling the rig off the ledge. Flooded the whole lower moon pool deck.

Bud got trapped remember. Was racing to the door as it closed. Stuck his hand through the crack and his ring is what saved him. Kept the door open just enough for him scream HELP. Then catfish heard him and cut the hydro line so they could pry the door open and save Bud.

If he'd been wearing a silicone ring, woulda smashed his finger like a wet noodle. Sheesh

Wed trivia. What scene was that from? Lol

Lampley said:
Update: so after reading all you guys recommending silicon rings I did a little research and decided to order me one. Found qalo makes a sweet looking camo one. Figured it would make the wife happy, me wearing a ring all the time and I would not have to worry about skinning my finger on the farm or in the shop. It was only like $23 with shipping so if it breaks or I lose it no biggie. It came in yesterday, and it feels pretty good and looks good to. My wife is happy, heck she may show me a little :cougar: after a while. So thanks for the recommendation guys.

Ha I did the same thing after looking thru this thread! Looked on Amazon and ended up buying a 4 pack for around $23 to my door. Not sure on brand.

So far like them real well. Feels good and I'm not afraid of it slipping off like my Tungsten. Only thing I don't like is the dull look of it. Prefer the shine of the metal.

My buddy had his finger ripped off when he fell off of a trailer. I will never wear one after seeing that. Thought about a tattoo wedding band tho

Rolandkirkes said:
My buddy had his finger ripped off when he fell off of a trailer. I will never wear one after seeing that. Thought about a tattoo wedding band tho

I about ripped mine off one night ... My wife's name starts with a K so I got that tattooed on my fanger!

No jewelry for me whatsoever. Doesn't bother my wife at all, but pisses everyone else off for some odd reason.

I lost mine while cleaning out our shed in preparation for moving. That was about over 3 years ago. I am still mad at myself for not taking it off and putting it on my night stand.