• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wedding ring. Do you wear yours?

Re: Re:

09zkrankin said:
I dont wear mine very often, im a machinist so its a big no no at work. I usually wear it when we go out or something but thats about it. Wife could care less either way. Its a gear ring that the gears actually turn, kinda neat
2e3ad915d5c94254449e26603026f211.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
That's awesome!!! Where did you get that?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

ridered3 said:
The Gear Ring is my during the week wedding band and I have a a backup $20 Amazon ring for the weekends. The Gear Ring is awesome with the exception of getting caught in beard hair every now and again :****:

Also the same folks that make the Gear Ring also make a Gear Necklace that my wife wears nearly everyday. Both my ring and her necklace get a fair amount of attention.
Yea, everytime i wear my ring somebody ends up seeing it amd wanting to check it.

And to the comment about the ring being a woman magnet, my wife amd i het a kock put of this, i can have my.ring on amd ot doesnt matter of my wofe is standing there or not chicks will still flirt, and that **** never happened before i was married lol

Re: Re: Re:

juicetenn said:
That's awesome!!! Where did you get that?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
A company called kinekt makes them. I think it was about $165

poolman said:
Derail on. I've always heard about working around electric wearing a ring is dangerous I think about it every time I'm working on a live circuit, I'm guessing that's the reason you don't wear one????? Derail off,, sorry
Not really, watched a co-worker get his ring caught on a wooden ladder rung support. We had to cut his ring off his finger. Tough son of gun, never left the job. I didn't find out about our policy til a few years ago.

I have a lawn service so I don't really wear my wedding ring on a daily basis because I don't want it to get all scratched up or possibly lost. I do wear it every time me and my wife go out somewhere together. She wears hers all the time.

When I was married to my first wife I was farming full time. Always wore my ring untill I jumped off the side of a grain truck one day and felt my ring hang. It was enough to scare me into quit wearing it.

Second wife now and different job I wear my ring on my days off usually.

This is from a post a couple years ago on here. Couldn't find the thread but I've had the picture on my phone.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    679.8 KB · Views: 108
I have a really cool Bogger ring, titanium, but I hardly wear it now because of work (it has 3 slag bb's on it from working). I never wear it in the house, so it's safe to say that the only time it's worn is out to dinner, hockey games, etc., an hour to four hours or so. MOST of my time it is not worn so it's easily forgettable. The only time I actually wear it is when the ol' lady says, "You wanna wear your ring?" which, as it turns out, 99% of the time it's a sex bribe.
hitit

I've never been married, but my ex live-in used to wear a nuva ring. Still didn't stop her from obtaining dogs, cats and horses though.

I'd prolly wear this one though:

927726065939878211.jpg

pholmann said:
I took mine off when we got home from our wedding 11 1/2 years ago and haven't touched it since. The wife has never really said much about it. My hands have since swollen as I've gotten older and I can't even get it halfway on now.

LandSpeeder said:
I've never been married, but my ex live-in used to wear a nuva ring. Still didn't stop her from obtaining dogs, cats and horses though.

I'd prolly wear this one though:

927726065939878211.jpg
Nuva ring hahahaha. Wonder how many people had to look that up...

I wear mine every day and feel naked without it. On our 10 year anniversary we both got new rings and put both the old ones in a safe deposit box for the day our son takes his vows. Hopefully that will be a while. Going to be our 20th next month. All good and great wife. :dblthumb:

j-mox said:
When I was married to my first wife I was farming full time. Always wore my ring untill I jumped off the side of a grain truck one day and felt my ring hang. It was enough to scare me into quit wearing it.

Second wife now and different job I wear my ring on my days off usually.

This is from a post a couple years ago on here. Couldn't find the thread but I've had the picture on my phone.

Yep, that right there is why I don't where mine when I'm working. I'm a third generation truck driver and have seen and heard about stuff like that my whole life.

Thanks Richard. Mine is cracked. I don't know for how long or how it happened. I open beer bottles with it. Almost never an opener. Dropped and dragged a transfer case on it in the driveway years ago. Who knows. Lol

Good tip. Preciate it

I'm not Richard but you're welcome. :)

I have a tungsten carbide ring as well. It cracked during its first year so I had it changed out under warranty and 4 years later it's still good. I know how mine cracked. I was scrubbing greasy shop fingers with soap and a rag in the shower and it slipped off, fell, and hit tile floor. Floor was fine but I could tell by the noise it made when it hit that it cracked. Go figure. I've dropped the new one a million times on concrete, everywhere. I've even dropped it in the same shower on purpose just to see what would happen. I'm not sure how tungsten rings are made but I suspect heat treatment is part of it and sometimes can just be done wrong.

I hate wearing my ring. I'm always aware of it, always messing with it, taking it on and off. My wife knows I would never cheat on her but still freaks the F out if I mention not wearing it. I'll never understand women. You would think that cohabitating for years, having a child together, knowing where I am 24/7, getting married, and giving her all my money would be enough show of commitment. I don't have enough time in a day to cheat even if I wanted to!

I do take it off at the shop or when I am doing hard work.

My wife just got me a Qalo as well. I like it. No more worries about skinning a finger off. So far its proven to be tough. Holds up great in the gym as well.