• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What exactly is Hulu???

patooyee

I understand that it is a streaming TV / movie service, but why would I pay for it over others that are free or that I already have?

For instance, I'm watching The Americans right now. On Amazon I have to pay for previous episodes of Season 2 and Season 1 is free. Would they both be free on Hulu? Once you pay for Hulu, is everything on it free, or then do you have to pay for everything in addition to the monthly charges?

I would try their free week trial but you have to enter a CC to do it so that they can automatically charge you after the week is up and I hate deals like that since I rarely remember to call them up and stop them if I don't like it. Their marketing sucks if you don't want to do their free trial. They are as deliberately vague about their product as possible.

I've been wondering about this too. I always pull it up then opt out on the free trial for fear of being over charged for something that isn't worth a ****.

My understanding of Netflix is that it is all the oldest shittiest movies + some TV?

4byfan said:
for fear of being over charged for something that isn't worth a ****.

Exactly.

I was fearful of Amazon Prime at first. But the free month without a cc required was enough to make me try it and now I couldn't live without it.

If your business strategy is to collect the customer's cc info, hope they forget to tell you not to charge them, and tell as little about your product as possible, it just seems shady as ever loving **** to me.

We've been considering Hulu too. My understanding is that once you pay the $8 per month everything you want to watch is free. On Hulu you can watch all the current tv shows, but not live, you have to wait until the day after they have aired.

I tried HULU Plus and it sucked. Only really old ****(at least on the shows I wanted to watch). And with only a 1 week free trial I cancelled pretty quick.

I was tired of high Direct TV bills so when I moved I wanted to try Netflix and HuLu. We like Netflix but HuLu got the boot pretty quick. With both not having live TV for sporting events sucks.

What I did was cancel my Direct Tv and get my wife to call and sign up as a new customer. We got all new equipment and more channels for less than 1/2 what we were paying before. On top of that she said she was referred by someone and got them and us $100.

Sucks that I was a 14 year customer and she called and got a better deal than me! We like the product so if that's what we have to do every 2 years to get the best deal my oldest will be a customer next!!

patooyee said:
I understand that it is a streaming TV / movie service, but why would I pay for it over others that are free or that I already have?

For instance, I'm watching The Americans right now. On Amazon I have to pay for previous episodes of Season 2 and Season 1 is free. Would they both be free on Hulu? Once you pay for Hulu, is everything on it free, or then do you have to pay for everything in addition to the monthly charges?

I would try their free week trial but you have to enter a CC to do it so that they can automatically charge you after the week is up and I hate deals like that since I rarely remember to call them up and stop them if I don't like it. Their marketing sucks if you don't want to do their free trial. They are as deliberately vague about their product as possible.

Little derail... How you like The Americans? I have watched it when it started. But this season I watched the first two episodes and cannot seem to get back interested in it. I have them all recorded on DVR but cannot make myself watch them. Now the Russian chick banging the agent is HOT.

If you like AMC, don't get hulu. I was hoping hulu had walking dead, and hell on wheels but they don't.

bigsilly said:
Little derail... How you like The Americans? I have watched it when it started. But this season I watched the first two episodes and cannot seem to get back interested in it. I have them all recorded on DVR but cannot make myself watch them. Now the Russian chick banging the agent is HOT.

I just finished season 1. Haven't started Season 2 yet. I'm not crazy about any of the TV that people these days get so riled up about. But I grew up in the 80's and remember the Cold War and enjoy The Americans because I was too young to appreciate all the espionage / sacrifice on both sides that went on during the time. So among the shitty ways to waste one's life away, I find the American's among the most worthwhile. I don't know that I would classify Nina as hot, to me she is beautiful. Hot to me is a whore I would like to knock the back out of. Beautiful is one I would like to keep around and possibly not throat-****. Stan is the man though because he's bangin' Nina at work AND his gorgeous wife at home. Neither him or the KGB spy-guy (forget his name right now) are hot enough to get the women they have. I guess they must have more game than I ever did. :)

I also watch The Walking Dead. I like it because it plays into all the armageddon / prepper **** going on right now. But even it is just the best of the worst, IMO. I watch about an hour of TV late at night when there is nothing better to do after a long day of work before bed. (I normally get home around 10 or 11.) If it wasn't for that hour I wouldn't watch at all. MY wife gets into The Waking Dead. She sits in front of the TV nervously waiting for the new episodes to come on. I'm not that into it. I would prefer to have an extra hour or two of free time every day that I could actually do something with, do something more productive, and cut TV out altogether.

Ironically, my understanding is that Hulu has NEITHER of these shows.

We have both netflix and Hulu plus and each have their own good points. Hulu has more current stuff but the kids watch netflix more. I could care less either way. We went from paying $125 a month for tv that if had to monitor what my kids watch because I walked and my 9 year old was watching 2 girls kiss on nickelodeon, With netflix and Hulu it's about $18 a month and I know everything go they watch

Re: Re: What exactly is Hulu???

Hulu seems to have a lot more of the current popular shows that my wife likes to watch. Netflix has a lot of the older shows and seasons. I have noticed that if you can find a show on one, you cant on the other a lot of times. My biggest complaint about Hulu, still having commercials during the new shows...

Sent from S3

We got Netflix for my 9 y/o boy for his nook tablet, hell he just watches youtube on it. Come to think of it, we're probably still paying for that ****.

My opinion on it is best described by a comparison- If you can get by on the "free movies" section of Comcast On Demand, Netflix is for you. B-movies and old hits.

We have Hulu and Netflix. I'm a fan of both. You can't get the full effect with the one week trial. It's similar to netflix in that it tailors itself to your preferences the more you watch it. But basically, netflix for older movies older seasons, Hulu for the current stuff. It usually updates the morning after the show has aired. I watch the tonight show, sat. Night live, family guy, Simpsons, etc on Hulu.

We have been talking about having our dish shut off since its over 100.00 and our dvr is nothing but stuff my 2 y/o watches and simple series that are on Netflix and hulu. Between cell phones, tv, and internet I think we pay 320.00 a month. We have also been looking at straight talk cell plans

2 years ago feb. We ditched dish, cut off the land line, and threated to switch our vehicle insurance provider and they negotiated a lower rate and all together we saved almost $500 a month .