• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What have you seen go bye bye...

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
I was looking thru old photos a couple nights ago. Looking back what areas that YOU HAVE USED are now gone? This can be anyplace..

For me
1-Fun gravel pit in kirkland not far for golds gym off 405 we used to ride bikes
2-80 acres where the microsoft campus is now
3-Novelty hill--used to be a TON of riding areas out there
4-Highrider
5-Shaw lake
6-blue mountain (sultan basin below highrider and highrider used to cut into it on the top)
7-Upper sultan basin(spent alot of time up there back in the day)
8-116th in marysville
9-We used to ride behind john muir(sp) above totem lake
10-We used to ride above the hoispital in totem lake along the powerlines
11-Off pipeline road in monroe/sultan
12-Reiter
13-Miller River
14-Coal piles in cle elum
15-Gravel pit above the monroe fairgrounds

Wow--alot of areas but granted some were small spots--but none the less areas gone either land developement or flat out closed

Black Diamond/Ravensdale areas
A small sand pit down on Coal Creek - was one of the first places my dad took me to learn to ride a dirt bike. Was an odd area, a big sand bowl. Anyone know the area? It was gated at the time but it was constantly used even with the gate.

empty commercial building lot near IKEA in Kent. Jereme (sly-yota) will remember this one. Got stuck in the mud pit at lunch, made it back just in time to catch the end of 6th period. Got hand-cuffed another time for violating the no tresspassing, but there werent any signs up so they released me and my buddy Andrew. Now its fenced in.

Last edited:
I used to see trucks rolling through town all the time with Mud all over them. We still have a ton of teenagers driving lifted half tons all over town, but their never covered in mud anymore. Sad state of affairs when you can't even go mudding, even if it is :rb: teenagers like it, I know I did. There was trails all over around here a few years ago. Now there all blocked and trenched. I know they were probably illeagal but we didn't know better. That being said, this sport was a lot more carefree before, we lacked technical skillz but we could wheel everywhere. Now I have to load up a trailor and drive for an hour+. Of coarse I used to be the only snowboarder on the mountain too, now there's huge snow parks EVERYWHERE. Maybe change is good. Maybe Reiter WILL be better. Maybe I'll build a DDriver.

A couple other renegade no-name spots popped into my head:

Was there a name for the area just above Lowell-Larimer Road off 51st (kind of by Seattle Hill Road)?

Mud hole off the side of 522 by the Echo Falls golf course.

Black Diamond/Ravensdale areas
A small sand pit down on Coal Creek - was one of the first places my dad took me to learn to ride a dirt bike. Was an odd area, a big sand bowl. Anyone know the area? It was gated at the time but it was constantly used even with the gate.

empty commercial building lot near IKEA in Kent. Jereme (sly-yota) will remember this one. Got stuck in the mud pit at lunch, made it back just in time to catch the end of 6th period. Got hand-cuffed another time for violating the no tresspassing, but there werent any signs up so they released me and my buddy Andrew. Now its fenced in.

You can still get in at Black Diamond and Ravensdale. I remember the good ol Ikea Mud Bog....

There was a quarry out on Kent-Kangley Road several miles past where it intersects with SR18. I guess it was probably private property.

There were a bunch of trails and a mud/gravel pit on Clay City Rd out here that's finally been shut down. Some of the guys that live up there that I've met say there's ways to get in still but being that it is directly their back yard, they're pretty hush hush. My first wheeling experience was along the river in Puyallup, that's gone as far as I know. The couple little overgrown timber-sales out here where I used to play around are pretty well closed down because of dumping. The stuff above my property is all housing development now for miles too.

Little wheeling spot of 128th st exit off the freeway in everett behind the driving range

Honda hills which used to be at the end of my street now is apartments

Used to be a bunch of "secret" dirt jumps for bikes all over most of them are now plowed and gone

waylon jennings, johnny paycheck, johnny cash and many other good ole boys:booo:

They have built state buildings on some of the high school type wheelin spots down here in Olympia and recently blocked off access to a really cool spot on the chehalis river right down the road from my house.