• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

What is on your bucket list?

5BrothersFabrication said:
6885506626_0304cf266e.jpg

X2

Re:

Meeting Prince just removed from my list.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Bringing this back up after going on an awesome trip out west! Just thought I would share a few things that should be on your lists! Giant redwoods in California the Rubicon Trail, Moab Utah!

al1tonyota said:
Bringing this back up after going on an awesome trip out west! Just thought I would share a few things that should be on your lists! Giant redwoods in California the Rubicon Trail, Moab Utah!

Were the rocks in Moab as grippy as they say? What was traction like on the Rubicon?

I'm a medically sick person. I hope to live a long time, But I'm not too sure I will. So that said, my bucket list has kind of started:

1. Live mobile like old folks do as a "full timer" in a RV
2. "retire" but still have a passive income
3. Start an RV park and live in my RV in a shop in the back.
4. Buy a better RV that I can travel greater distances and travel ALL over the country.
5. Attend MORE offroad events throughout the country.
6. Die smiling

5BrothersFabrication said:
Were the rocks in Moab as grippy as they say? What was traction like on the Rubicon?
Both were definetly as grippy as they say it was raining while we were riding at Moab and it didn't effect traction at all! Low gears and all terrains and one could eat up dang near everything at Moab I recommend atleast 36's for the rubicon to keep from bottoming out a lot! I rode in a jeep with 35's threw the whole trail it was rough as in bumpy and bottomed out a lot!

Really only had o e goal so far in life, and that was that my 2 daughters would have the same mim and dad, and attened the same school from kindergarden to graduation. That goal happened this year. I have been very fourtanate to achive a lot of other bucket list type items due to kayaking all over the US. So here are a few left.

Alaska, and Hawaii, thats the only US states i have not visited, and they are high on this list.
Paddle the grand canyon
Paddle the middle fork of the salmon
Paddle south fork silver creek in cali
Finish KOH 4400 class in a car i built myself on a budget. ( finish!! Not try and win )
Finish driving the pacific coast highway
Get past this tumor in my head so the other things on this list are acheviable

Last and most important, is to be able to give back to those that have helped me and my family over the last couple years. Since my health has went down hill, we have been very blessed with great friends, and i have know clue how i will ever return what has been given.

1. raise my daughter right
2. live long enough to watch her graduate college
3. build the baddest 4 seat buggy
4. take the 4 seater to moab
5. leave this world knowing ive done the best i could with whatever is thrown at me and succeed.

LandSpeeder said:
Beyond comprehension. Street tires can go up angles you normally can not even walk up. Not exaggerating.

I'd always heard that too. When I went the first time I wasn't disappointed in it! It was literally like driving on 200 grit sandpaper. You can just idle up almost anything. Street tires almost give better traction cause of more surface area.

I had this on an old bucket list and went to EJS in 2010 and back in 2013. I'm so glad I did it! The area is a beauty like I wouldn't have imagined. I've always liked trees and woods but the rocks and landscape there is just amazing. I recommend this to anyone. And I fulfilled the skydiving bucket list while out there too with my son. That was fantastic :****: And honestly going out there to wheel isn't too outrageous finacially. 2 people, 10 days I spent around $1500. That included hotel, meals, gas and a few souvenirs. If you play it sensible it's a very obtainable trip well worth it.

Just got back from a telluride/ouray Colorado Moab trip last night. It was a LOT to pack in 5 days including driving but worth it. 4-5 hours of sleep for a week and the kids napped while we drove (or wheeled). Moabwas badass, we ran Hells Revenge in JK's on 37's. Idled all of it, bumped the ledges. It is cool, but ouray is way more beautiful. Snowball fights in flip flops in July is just hard to beat.

blacksheep10 said:
Just got back from a telluride/ouray Colorado Moab trip last night. It was a LOT to pack in 5 days including driving but worth it. 4-5 hours of sleep for a week and the kids napped while we drove (or wheeled). Moabwas badass, we ran Hells Revenge in JK's on 37's. Idled all of it, bumped the ledges. It is cool, but ouray is way more beautiful. Snowball fights in flip flops in July is just hard to beat.

Awesome trip Kelly, how'd you like Telluride? I built a bunch of high end stuff in there and got out to explore a little bit. That's some steep terrain for sure

CHASMAN9 said:
Awesome trip Kelly, how'd you like Telluride? I built a bunch of high end stuff in there and got out to explore a little bit. That's some steep terrain for sure
Kind of disliked Telluride. Town is actually cool, the people suck. Pure hippie/hipster mash up and terrible. I mean a dude looking at you like a second class citizen because he was sitting IN THE STREET painting on a easel and had to move because I needed though to let an oncoming car by. Bikes cutting you off when you have the right of way and are in the middle of a turn. Just some **** I've never seen before. Beer and drinks were good, pizza joints, while mostly vegan/GMO free/gluten free were good. Natural beauty was off the charts. Next time we will stay in Ouray. Seemed more jeep offroad friendly. We are also taking RZR's next time, move the **** out on the trails, jeeps are a little slow going to keep your teeth in your head, and these are excellent riding JK's with good shocks, 37's and low pressure. Same with Moab, RZR's would be the ****. Jeeps were still cool.
Moab was pretty badass, but we did it right after Ouray. For my money the scenic/1k' drops 3' away and 13,000' passes were cooler than Moab. If I were with a wheeling group not a family group and in real wheeling rigs Moab would have been more fun. We were in the family jeeps and it is obstacle heaven, so my right foot was itching while my wife was hyperventilating and bitching

blacksheep10 said:
Kind of disliked Telluride. Town is actually cool, the people suck. Pure hippie/hipster mash up and terrible. I mean a dude looking at you like a second class citizen because he was sitting IN THE STREET painting on a easel and had to move because I needed though to let an oncoming car by. Bikes cutting you off when you have the right of way and are in the middle of a turn. Just some **** I've never seen before. Beer and drinks were good, pizza joints, while mostly vegan/GMO free/gluten free were good. Natural beauty was off the charts. Next time we will stay in Ouray. Seemed more jeep offroad friendly. We are also taking RZR's next time, move the **** out on the trails, jeeps are a little slow going to keep your teeth in your head, and these are excellent riding JK's with good shocks, 37's and low pressure. Same with Moab, RZR's would be the ****. Jeeps were still cool.
Moab was pretty badass, but we did it right after Ouray. For my money the scenic/1k' drops 3' away and 13,000' passes were cooler than Moab. If I were with a wheeling group not a family group and in real wheeling rigs Moab would have been more fun. We were in the family jeeps and it is obstacle heaven, so my right foot was itching while my wife was hyperventilating and bitching

Yah, I agree 100% regarding the locals there, artsy fartsy people, but the town itself is awesome and loaded with history and good places to eat. I spent a many a nights bellied up to the New Sheridan Hotel drinking the days away. IF you can get a place in Mountain Village, you can run the Gondola up and down the hill. Pretty cool looking down at the city. There was a small barbeque place on Oak street that pretty good and one afternoon I sat down to eat and looked up to see Tom Cruise and Nichole Kidman chowing down on some grub. Good ol days. Now he's a **** and I think she's Lebanese. :dunno:

So for you boat people, me and a couple of guys are going to make the trip from Tuscaloosa to Mobile by boat in the next few weeks! Anybody done it? Will be riding on a 22' deck boat with a soft top with zip on windshield and sides (hopefully not for rain). Cruising speed of around 30 mph and a 75 gal fuel tank, from what I read on the internets there are only two fuel stops in the 330 some odd miles! Also there are two locks to pass through. We are getting picked up in mobile so hopefully this will be a fun adventure and not a nightmare? Yolo

al1tonyota said:
So for you boat people, me and a couple of guys are going to make the trip from Tuscaloosa to Mobile by boat in the next few weeks! Anybody done it? Will be riding on a 22' deck boat with a soft top with zip on windshield and sides (hopefully not for rain). Cruising speed of around 30 mph and a 75 gal fuel tank, from what I read on the internets there are only two fuel stops in the 330 some odd miles! Also there are two locks to pass through. We are getting picked up in mobile so hopefully this will be a fun adventure and not a nightmare? Yolo

You should take Kel. Sounds like a story in the making.

Only if we use paddles and 10 gallons of fuel

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk