• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who's WTF rig is this

Seriously though, I am wondering who puts that time and money into a rig to "abandon" it. Just doesn't sit right. There must be an explanation.

A friend was lined up to buy the rig if the owner never came for it. And that's what looked like has happened. But ya. Why wouldn't you stay in contact with the property owner?

Why doesn't someone from WTF pick it up and try to find out WTF? (no pun intended).

If the person who's property is on wants some storage fees, the club could pay them and then see what the owner wants to do with the rig.

Rick is technically a club member but hasn't been to a run or meeting in years. If I remember correct his Dad was hurt in a m/c accident and Rick moved to Florida for over a year to run his dad's business. He's been back for quite a while though. I haven't had any contact with him but I've seen the rigs move around from time to time. I assumed he was doing it. Zero clue what the deal is. :scratchhead:

Rick just messaged me back this morning. He's in Florida and had no idea what was going on. He can't get a hold of the guy. I emailed the ad but never heard back. Seems kinda shady that the guy can't contact Rick.

If the guys that owns that lot are the same owners as 8 years ago then they are REAL shady.

It used to be a carlot. The guy sold a new ford for my sister and pocketed the 10K and then dissapered. He did it to almost every owner of a consignment rig.

Seems like he was a russian who faked his death and was wanted for all kinds of ****.

Its been a vacant **** hole since then. Only thing around is the handful of wheelers that have been sitting out back for a few years.

Don't know. The guy with the ad never emailed me back and there was no ph# listed. By the time I gave the FJ's owner the CL link, the ad was deleted. Not sure if Rick ever got in contact with the property owner.