• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

winch rope?

I bought a new cable for mine last summer and found out after wards that Rope was only 20 more than the cable i bought.

4X4 parts $175 rope, but dont quote me on it, this was last summer.

Olympic offroad $150 cable.

I bought a new cable for mine last summer and found out after wards that Rope was only 20 more than the cable i bought.

4X4 parts $175 rope, but dont quote me on it, this was last summer.

Olympic offroad $150 cable.

???

Last Time I got cable it was $85 for 150'.

Oops and if you don't want to be tying knots in it buy at least 2 sizes larger than you think you need on rope.

I bought 3/8X100' rope.
I started with 3/8"x125', and since cut it down to 95'.

I run the Sprectra stuff. The 3/8" is rated for something like 14000 lbs breaking. It isn't as strong as the fancy stuff, but it's also about half the cost. No problems with it so far.

I don't know what brand it is--grey,lol

But it came from the ship yards-- maybe sarge can chime in on it...

Did Robin have someplace that just sold the rope in what ever length you needed?

Here is the outfit that actually manufactures the amsteel rope...Samson

Amsteel (gray)
Amsteel Blue
Tech-12

This is what Winchline.com uses to make their rope :awesomework:

http://www.psrope.com/

12 strand plasma in 3/8 is what I always buy. Like any major supplier, you will have to talk them down from the first price you get..........also the more you buy, the better the price

Last edited:
I've bought from mastrerpull a couple time and always get a great deal! There in bellingham.

Support the local vendors :cool:

I have 'bout 40' feet of this blue stuff I got at Shifty-FAB.He upgraded and gave me a good section of his old rope...I was 'sposed to share with jobless for his rear winch but seeins how it all fit on mine....................I kept it:redneck: I would go with as burly of rope as you can and still have 60 feet + left.....as I said I have fourty at the most and I don't have a problem jankin my ****