• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

im a lime quarry manager and i manage to right off all my offroad parts as equiptment repairs ;D

Bscott1 said:
Sounds like a bunch of railroaders out here. Fellow Norfolk Southern conductor here. Too bad they couldn't sponsor, I'd hate to see the rule book they would make for us on the trail. LOL
Ain't that the damn truth. Lol ill show you 3 step.... How about instead we show you 3 ****s not given.

Recent Civil engineer grad Working for a civil engineering company. Doing lots of large projects in Huntsville area. Surveying, engineering and land design.

Wife's an electrical engineer for army contractor

Pays good but marriage is $$ and we live a debt free life. Save save save

Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

I married one of them smart women who make all the money. The trick is getting her to let me spend it

Sent from S3

CNC programmer building heavy construction equipment attachments.
Wife is a nurse for a spine surgeon.

I've been wheeling the same Jeep for over 18 years. Its slowly turning into a buggy because I can't afford to build one from scratch.

Rolling equipment mechanic. Forklifts and such. But I did go on a fishing trip with a bunch of railroad guys in Tampa last month.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I mgt a pawn shop during the day.........and pimp myself out at night for Toyota crawler parts!! its a dirty job!!.......being a pawn shop manager.....AH HA!!!! molaugh molaugh molaugh

Wireless telecom tech, cell tower chit!
Make decent money, travel lots! Work stupid hours!

But it's a job!

Consultant for Belzona covering northwest Alabama.
I also own a sign/wrap company.

Currently saving up money to enroll in the csmith school of barter/trading.

cmoultrie said:
Consultant for Belzona covering northwest Alabama.
I also own a sign/wrap company.

Currently saving up money to enroll in the csmith school of barter/trading.

We live by that Belzona stuff here at work. You should make a good living just off this place.

bigjerm said:
I married one of them smart women who make all the money. The trick is getting her to let me spend it

Sent from S3

Its a piss poor woman who can't support one man and his addiction!!!!!!

Purchasing Manager for a large machine shop wife is a teacher at a small, under funded private school. I currently don't have a rig to wheel and with bills piling up I'm wondering if I'll ever finish the one I'm currently building.

I cant afford this hobby.... :****: But it damn sure beats stamp collecting and there is a lot less drama involved than with street racing lol
I am Valve and Component Mechanic/Technician.

Snap xrays in an OR for a living. Wife is a therapist. Even if she starts making money, i wont see a cent of it for wheeling :'(

Re: Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

southernwonton said:
Snap xrays in an OR for a living. Wife is a therapist. Even if she starts making money, i wont see a cent of it for wheeling :'(
time for a new wife

I make toilet paper :****:

I just wheel a regular Jeep but love to go on trips wherever I can.

Also enjoy going to watch the bouncers do their thing! If I can't afford it at least I can watch them do it.

My Jeep mods and trip money come from overtime and working on the family farm during harvest season (actually working now harvesting corn). I have a separate checking account just for my Jeep and trip money. Its not used for anything else. My paycheck from my normal job supports the family but if I work a day of overtime or my farm work it goes to the Jeep fund. That way there's no way my wife can say I'm spending too much. When it's gone I quit making trips or buying mods till it's replenished.

I run the storm water department for my local county gov. I don't have a buggy, nor could I afford one at the time. Watching and :drinkers: is about all my budget will allow.

Re: Re: Re: Work- What you guys do to afford this hobby/sport

mtreeter said:
I run the storm water department for my local county gov. I don't have a buggy, nor could I afford one at the time. Watching and :drinkers: is about all my budget will allow.

Know the feeling. Im a chemist at an environmental lab. No rig right now. Old lady is almost out of grad school though. Then its game on.