• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters

Impressive Tod. With one post you have gained the admiration and trust of 3 of the NWW'ers outspoken nay-sayers. Impressive indeed.:awesomework:

I hope you're able to stick around to inspire others that I/we have not been able to reach. I'm impressed by your political clout.......but will be more impressed when you show your "social" clout here on NWW.

PLEASE!!! Help these lost 4x4 users see the light. And let us know how we can help you.:hi:

Impressive Tod. With one post you have gained the admiration and trust of 3 of the NWW'ers outspoken nay-sayers. Impressive indeed.:awesomework:

I hope you're able to stick around to inspire others that I/we have not been able to reach. I'm impressed by your political clout.......but will be more impressed when you show your "social" clout here on NWW.

PLEASE!!! Help these lost 4x4 users see the light. And let us know how we can help you.:hi:

Tod has always had my admiration that guy works his ass off for our sport, my opinion of him wasnt swayed by one single post on here.

You sir read into things way too much:awesomework:, defiantly a lost 4X4 user here needing the light:haha::haha:

Ok.....!!!! So now that we've all let out some steam:beatdeadhorse:

Jakob - aka-japerry will be at the RTW meeting tonight to discuss his proposal of "Free Reiter". Looking forward to it.:beer:

I belonged to the NMA and the AMA for years they get things done because they have political clout.
The RTW has clout at Alfys. They buy lots of pizza.

I just about fell off my chair reading this. :haha: that was some funny **** right there.

Ok.....!!!! So now that we've all let out some steam:beatdeadhorse:

Jakob - aka-japerry will be at the RTW meeting tonight to discuss his proposal of "Free Reiter". Looking forward to it.:beer:

I know you will keep us updated. I am really curious as to how it goes

If there was a group like the NMA working for the 4x4s I would stand behind them 100% the group leading the way now not so much.
Thats just the way I feel and intill that happens I will continue to be a nay- sayer.

Last edited:
As stated pointing fingers does nothing.

As for the NMA they have been around for years and that usergroup has always been better organized. with that comes allot more $$ to help fund an organization such as that. Your comparing a large enity vs. a small one.

Than everyone should be backing PNW4WDA since they have been around for years but instead the users split and have the RTW, WOW and other random voices. A single voice is heard much better than a bunch of randomn whispers in the crowd. Pokey and others have been saying this for years.

How much has the closer of Reiter cost the local custom fab./4x4 shops? The garage area has been pretty quiet....

I'll bet the NMA has and supports users with everything from 250s to 750s, racing or trail riding. Their age group is probably all encompassing as well. Why doesn't the two track crowd have an org like this? Who wants to post some pics?

Take pics of several rigs attending the PNW Jeep Jamboree. Maybe some group shots to get a good feel for the average rig and driver type. Then post some pics of the average user group at Elbe. Maybe some pictures of the WTF club lined up and ready to hit the Busy. I'll bet the difference in the two user groups becomes very apparent.

The fact that there needed to be another organization to fight for all the users left out by the previously established one is telling enough. I fight for the rights of all ORV users. I won't fight with someone who tells me Grand Cherokees don't belong on the trails or that my rig is too wide or my tires too big. Everyone has a right to wheel.

Walk through the campground at Elbe or Evans on a Friday or Saturday night and ask the wheelers there what they think about the organization fighting for them. It does not matter what is true, what they believe is what motivates them.

Thank you again Tod. How do I support you and the NMA?

I agree w/ Horus, Show up at a PNW event with a Buggy or even a Yota and it seems like you have a gigantic sticker saying "I have AIDS" on the side. I would love to join and support one or both of the ORG's but both have serious issues.

I agree w/ Horus, Show up at a PNW event with a Buggy or even a Yota and it seems like you have a gigantic sticker saying "I have AIDS" on the side.

Really? Where did you get your information?..
For clarification PNW doesn't really represent all wheelers. PNW does do lots for wheelers in general but they're an association of clubs. PNW didn't do much for Reiter because none of the clubs in the association gave a rats ass about Reiter.
Yes as with any large group of people there are bad apples to deal with but as a whole I can assure you the Buggys- Yotas- whatever aren't welcome analogy is wrong.

I agree w/ Horus, Show up at a PNW event with a Buggy or even a Yota and it seems like you have a gigantic sticker saying "I have AIDS" on the side. I would love to join and support one or both of the ORG's but both have serious issues.
The only exception to that seem to be the racing crowd... they have seemed to be very open to "new" types of racing "rig", as seen by binder's successful integration and acceptance.

However, I feel there are partially two reasons for that:
1) the current racing "crowd" is getting older, retiring or loosing interest/money/time. If they want to keep there activities alive they need new blood, and thats going to be the new wheelers and "biggies" looking for something new and different.... besides, racing's a KICK! In this respect [a portion] of the PNW racing crowd is looking ahead and being proactive..... they are a *little* late, but making efforts.

2) and this works in with #1, a surprising number of PNW "racers" are here on this board now. Encouraging and inviting "new" and "unconventional" racers to come out and participate. Dialog has opened up, and the idea of going out to a playdate is more appealing. This has been a big step.

As for the rest of the PNW, well there is still a reason I'm not beating down the door to become a member.....

I have taken my rig to several PNW4WDA events:
  • PNW4WDA Trail Jamboree (2010)
  • Tacoma Webfooter's Play Day (2010...recovery rig & lawn dart)
  • Dale's Run (2009 & 2010)
You just have to start showing up to events, smile & be nice...others will treat you the same :beer:

61826_433508835734_604215734_5231746_2750090_n.jpg

If there was a group like the NMA working for the 4x4s I would stand behind them 100% the group leading the way now not so much.
Thats just the way I feel and intill that happens I will continue to be a nay- sayer.

You don't have to sell your position and outlook to me. I already know.:;

Remenber....aside from all the online BS and labels.....I just relay information. I'm not a leader and not looking to change anyone's mind to meet my own.

Life is short. Go wheelin. :beer:

Thank you again Tod. How do I support you and the NMA?

wow - thank you to everyone with the kind words.

I kinda figured I'd get lit up for posting here, being a newbie getting out of line and blasting someone's post, but sometimes you gotta roll balls out.

One of the ways to support ORV rights is to join WOHVA or at least make sure your club is a WOHVA club member.

The NMA welcomes your support, but their primary focus is single track. No hate against other ORV types and always ready to help, just not mission number one. The NMA led the way to found WOHVA because we saw the need for a statewide ORV organization with a wider mission.

WOHVA is the right tool to get all ORV folks on the same page.:awesomework:

I send out emails and web posting alerting people to what's up, but I will be the first to admit that the process still needs improving.

Come out to the OHV rally in Olympia on 25-feb-2011, noon to 2pm.
Details are at www.wohva.org

Hell, we're a PNW affiliate, and have a few yota's, even a subaru (Subyota)! And those folks aren't looked at with apprehension at all! That's just a scapegoat IMHO....:awesomework: