• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
If I recall, that is the bill that basically leaves wheelers with enough to buy us each a donut for our work parties.. So, is there a bill we can, and should support?

Not to over simplify things.......but, unless some kind of annual pass "bill" is passed, the construction of New Reiter is dead for at least 2 years.

And I believe this is why "taking back Reiter" is such a hot topic.

If all i had to do to get Reiter open is spend 30 bucks..

where do i send the check?

Yes. Me too. BUT!!! there are other considerations. Some folks think it's a bad idea and the ORV community is getting screwed. I'll let them explain the pro's vs. the con's. WOW seems to be well versed in this........I hope someone from WOW can respond.

:corn:

The Mayor also said even if it passes, it would be 2012 before any of the monies are seen. But the bill needs serious revision if we are gonna get anything of value out of it.

Will this bill even come close to supplying enough money to continue rieter "park", or does this just lengthen the "when we have funds" THEN we can proceed with the next step. It just doesnt seem like this bill will make a difference regarding reiter.

Bottom line: It's a very complicated subject; this "recreation bill". And because it is so complicated, the "Free Reiter" approach seems to be the way to go, Right?

That is, until it is realized the "Free Reiter" approach is just as complicated.:;:booo::mad:

It just doesnt seem like this bill will make a difference regarding reiter.

The estimated funds ($71 million) over a 2 years time period allocated to the DNR (7.5%) from this "recreation bill" ($30 annual pass) will build the projected costs of constructing Phase 1. Don't know what Phase 1 is? Time to do some reading.:awesomework:

The estimated funds ($71 million) over a 2 years time period allocated to the DNR (7.5%) from this "recreation bill" ($30 annual pass) will build the projected costs of constructing Phase 1. Don't know what Phase 1 is? Time to do some reading.:awesomework:

Read about it here...

http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEducation/News/Pages/2011_02_02_rec_access_nr.aspx

Towards the bottom of the page it says:
"The pass proceeds would partially offset reductions in state General Fund support to all three agencies."

So how does that build Reiter phase 1? With our NOVA funds that should be used for such things anyways? It is the State playing 3 card Monty with OUR money.

In my opinion most of you guys are being stupid. You want the old Reiter open back up AND you want a new Reiter built at the same time. First off I don't think there's a prayers chance in hell of getting any of old Reiter open back to motorized use. The DNR knows that even if they did want to do this they will be seud from like 10 different directions. Said suits will take any money that may have been used to build new Reiter. DNR will loose these suits and be forced to close it again then not have money to build anything.
You're being stupid. You can't have both and are unlikely to even get one.
Think about it!

In my opinion most of you guys are being stupid. You want the old Reiter open back up AND you want a new Reiter built at the same time. First off I don't think there's a prayers chance in hell of getting any of old Reiter open back to motorized use. The DNR knows that even if they did want to do this they will be seud from like 10 different directions. Said suits will take any money that may have been used to build new Reiter. DNR will loose these suits and be forced to close it again then not have money to build anything.
You're being stupid. You can't have both and are unlikely to even get one.
Think about it!

I would love to have the old reiter open but, as Binder said we can't have it both ways.I didn't think about the DNR getting seud but I could see it happen.We are kinda of at the mercy of the state **** it. I like to ride my Harley:cool:.Leave the yota parked

if u want old style reater take sultun back and build new reiter:stirpot::awesomework:

I think he is drinking......................... :awesomework:

I say it is time to act. People have been working hard on the project and ORV in general and to the dismay of most. they arn't doing ****.
So
lets hear the plan. write something up and act on it. follow the BS and do it

I am going to stop now

Hell at least Jacob has a plan
do I think it is a good plan.....YES
Do I think it will happen...........NO

But at least he has balls to try. At least it is better that the OTHER people out there that can't read and are spamming E mails to all

I think he is drinking......................... :awesomework:

I say it is time to act. People have been working hard on the project and ORV in general and to the dismay of most. they arn't doing ****.
So
lets hear the plan. write something up and act on it. follow the BS and do it

I am going to stop now

Hell at least Jacob has a plan
do I think it is a good plan.....YES
Do I think it will happen...........NO

But at least he has balls to try. At least it is better that the OTHER people out there that can't read and are spamming E mails to all

P.S. its Jakob:awesomework:

Jakob is a go getter of gettin **** done and not sittin around waitin for people, i commend him hugely for that and will stick his neck out time and time again and try his hardest to get stuff done! Im with him all the way:cool:

P.S. its Jakob:awesomework:

Jakob is a go getter of gettin **** done and not sittin around waitin for people, i commend him hugely for that and will stick his neck out time and time again and try his hardest to get stuff done! Im with him all the way:cool:

What has he done?

If you guys want to turn your anger in a positive manner then I suggest going a better route.

I mean really if you think about the time and $$ the DNR has already sunk into the prodject do you think they will open a single piece of land up there? Not in the least bit.

If you want to do something thats not going to make us all look like a bunch of hillbilly's with rigs then you need to do something else--because I can guarantee thats going to be the end result.

Whats your stance on policing the area jakob? What are you going to do to substain the area and the numbers that will come out of the woodwork? Are you willing to work every other weekend to correct the issues at hand that we have fought in prior years?

Also if you want to make a difference then you need to go above the DNR--go for the throat and thats the government.

IMO if it was me doing something like this I would go to every city along the highway 2 corridor, organize them and put pressure on the government that way. You will leave a bigger impression if you can put $$$ gained into the equation when dealing with government.