• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Would you support DNR re-opening (temporary) old Reiter?

Should DNR re-open (temp) old reiter (please read below first!)

• Yes!

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • Yes, and I'd be willing to pledge money to help

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • No, stay out and wait for new Reiter to be built

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Boobies and Pizza!

Votes: 10 13.9%

• Total voters
I actually might come down to help pitch the plan. Its already gaining momentum (not on this forum) and it'd be good to see where that majority in RTW stand on it.

Btw, anyone who is in support of it re-opening might just want to show up at this meeting :awesomework:

If i do show my face this would be the only reason:awesomework:

I actually might come down to help pitch the plan. Its already gaining momentum (not on this forum) and it'd be good to see where that majority in RTW stand on it.

Btw, anyone who is in support of it re-opening might just want to show up at this meeting :awesomework:

Wish I could say -- things are stirring.. but you know the NWW policies doesn't accept revolution. :booo:

Have you actually spoken with DNR?

Do it.

But come prepaired and have an open mind to all that is going on.

No whinning and stomping your feet

And this is the one that went to Olympia and said don't open it, Along with all the other little b$%hes

Don't forget my stance on that subject :fawkdancesmiley::kissmybutt:

And I still stand by my stance not to open up just the road. If we're opening, its all or nothing. The last thing we need is for DNR to open the road and it turn into all hell up there. The percentage of 'illegal vs legal' would be 80-20 at least.

However, if we work with DNR, or pull some muscle to get it all back open again, the percentage would drop to 10-90 or something close to that. I see the road as entrapment. Like putting up a 25mph zone in what should be a 40mph zone. Make the speed limit 40mph so the majority of people follow it.

Charlie.. project plan en 'route :;

Worse idea EVER...

Crash, as i do respect your opinion, and understand where you are comming from..:awesomework:

I think people are just tired of not having any place to wheel.

what do we have right now on the wet side?

walker? taborya, elbe?

thats it...

for us south enders.. we got elbe
for the northenders you got walker..

oh joy.. nothing like having such a variety of places to wheel!!:eeek:

After determining whether you are for or against the "forced" re-opening of Reiter, the next question to ask yourself is whether or not you will be on the front lines. The front-lines of supporting the re-opening........the front-lines of preventing the "forced" re-opening. If you chose the latter, you WILL BE making the choice to fight other (and just as determined) wheelers. Your fellow brethren.

I have a strong feeling that no one from the ORV community will be fighting the fighters. Am I wrong? Would the Greenies fight beside us or against us? Do you really know and understand who, if anyone, you're up against?

In typical wheeler fashion, it seems the majority will act first and then ask questions (and play the blame-game:rolleyes:) later.

Am I wrong?:eeek:

After determining whether you are for or against the "forced" re-opening of Reiter, the next question to ask yourself is whether or not you will be on the front lines. The front-lines of supporting the re-opening........the front-lines of preventing the "forced" re-opening. If you chose the latter, you WILL BE making the choice to fight other (and just as determined) wheelers. Your fellow brethren.

I have a strong feeling that no one from the ORV community will be fighting the fighters. Am I wrong? Would the Greenies fight beside us or against us? Do you really know and understand who, if anyone, you're up against?

In typical wheeler fashion, it seems the majority will act first and then ask questions (and play the blame-game:rolleyes:) later.

Am I wrong?:eeek:

We fight amgonst ourselves already as it is so how will this be different than normal?:corn::stirpot:

Here is a list of groups that you, the fighter, would be going up against to re-open Old Reiter:

Access Fund (group)
Alpine Lakes Protection Society
Conservation Northwest (group)
Friends of Wild Sky
The Mountaineers (club)
North Cascades Conservation Council
Pilchuck Audubon Society
Sierra Club
Washington Trails Association
Washington Wilderness Coalition
Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR)
Washington State Fish & wildlife (WSFW)
State Parks
Local Sheriff

Who can make up a list of groups that would be for the "forced" re-opening of Old Reiter?

Last edited:
Here is my hopeful list of those who will be for it:

City of Gold Bar +
City of Index +
City of Sultan +
Snohomish County +
RTW +
PNW (and assoc clubs) +
WOW (and assoc clubs) +
WOHVA +
500 Irate ORV users :redneck: +

= DNR :D

And actually, more I think about it, this isn't the hopeful list, this is the -must have- list. I don't really care about the groups who are against it. If these groups aren't all for it being open then its a no-go.

If these groups aren't all for it being open then its a no-go.

Correct.

A line-in-the-sand must be drawn and vocalized and supported with action. Being indecisive is a vote for Reiter's continued closure.

The political game starts.....now.

I just talked with the Mayor of Goldbar, Joe Beavers, and he sounded like he was totally behind a 4 million dollar bill to get Reiter openned again. He said he would send me the bill, and who was behind it, it sounds like most of the town are exept for Index.

I couldn't get ahold of any of the other towns officials.